“Wilshire Grand Hotel grand experience but a few quirks”

The Wilshire Grand Hotel
Ranked #1 of 4 Hotels in West Orange
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed November 14, 2007

Very nice renovated hotel. Very luxurious rooms. Bath amenities were Aveda products which are top shelf. The shower with five jets was like having a steam shower...however, a few little amenities could have made it even better. Perhaps some nice fluffy bathrobes to put on? This bathroom was huge and needed some hooks to hang clothes or towels on which it did not have. The nightly cookies and punch in the lobby were a nice touch. However, the daily included breakfast leaves a lot to be desired. The donuts and croissants were at least a day old. It would have been nice to see some variety - maybe some danish and some wheat bread also. The malted waffle mix had an odd taste. It was nice to see this but please the mix left a strange taste...They have a nice fireplace in the lobby. It was never lit even though it was very chilly outside. Also, the upstairs hallways were freezing, evidently the a/c was on...I am comparing this to the Residence Inn which is located in the same vicinity...that hotel had a nice homey feel to it. The fireplaces were always lit and they had a nice lounge with pool tables which was ever so cozy.

• Stayed: November 2007, traveled as a couple
2  Thank mana49

Reviewed October 17, 2007

We stayed at the Wilshire for a month, with our whole family (4 little children). The staff and everyone else was absolutely great. Friendly, pro active, helpful. We definitely will come back, and this is a hotel that I can (and will) recommend to everyone.
Superb

• Stayed: September 2007, traveled with family
2  Thank AadDublin
Reviewed September 15, 2007

On Labour Day Weekend, we celebrated my daughter`s wedding at the Wilshire Grand Hotel, and I had 80 out-of-town guests staying at this hotel with more than 40 rooms booked. I was so concerned that everyone like my choice of hotel ,and I hoped that there would be few problems. Well not only were there no problems at all,..everything was just SO perfect. The hotel was fabulous, the service incredible, and the staff so friendly, helpful, and very accomodating. What everyone seemed to notice was how very clean and well-kept the whole hotel is..the lobby and the halls seem to sparkle. My guests could not stop raving about how beautiful and regal-looking the hotel is and how lovely, clean, and comfortable the rooms are. Both the lobby and the breakfast area are wonderfully decorated and feel spacious, modern and spotless. We had such fun meeting our guests in the breakfast area, eating the lovely, free breakfast, and then taking our coffee and muffins outside to the adjacent patio where there are tables and chairs. Late in the afternoons, after our wedding activities, we would all gather in the comfortable lobby or have a cup of free coffee in the eating area, and some of us even sat outside on the patio. It felt like we had our own very large living-room. Many of my guests were so impressed with this wonderful little gem of a hotel that they plan to stay here again when they come to visit NYC as there is a direct bus to the City just 5 mins. from the hotel. Thank you Wilshire for making my guests so happy, and our wedding weekend experience so wonderful!

• Stayed: September 2007, traveled on business
2  Thank Lynnrap
Reviewed September 4, 2007

My daughter just had her wedding at The Wilshire Grand Hotel and it was absolutely wonderful. We had ovr 30 guests check in and all were extremely happy with their rooms and the service they recieved. The hotel employees were proffesional, friendly, and always there to help my famliy and friends with anythng they needed. The hotel also had beautiful, comfortable rooms. the Catering Hall was also magnificently decorated and made the wedding spectacular.
I live in Jersey and can't wait to return to another great party at The Wilshire!

• Stayed: August 2007, traveled on business
4  Thank BebeJ
Reviewed September 3, 2007

I stayed at the Wilshire for a number of weeks on a work assignment. I found it very comfortable with very well trained, attentive & friendly staff.

Stayed: July 2007
1  Thank sid4444
Reviewed July 25, 2007

I truly had an enjoyable 3-day business trip at the Wilshire Grand Hotel. In contrast to my previous stay a year ago, there is a totally new and attentive managament, including a caring GM, Ed Reagoso. The front desk staff always welcomed me with a warm smile and were glad to help me with anything i needed-promptly calling ahead when i need limo service. The cocktail hour was also great-each evening i enjoyed wine, beer and various free hot meals served by a pretty blonde woman. I definitely got a lot more than what I paid for!

• Stayed: June 2007, traveled on business
3  Thank Bruce63
Reviewed July 4, 2007

We recently had about 80 guests stay at the wilshire grand for a wedding. The service was truly impeccable and they were flawless on the execution of our rehearsal dinner which we had at the hotel. Believe it or not the general manager called me personal more than three times to ensure the event was executed down to the finest details.

I've stayed at hotels in over 30 cities in 20 countries and this hotel ranks near the top of my list!

Stayed: July 2007
#2 of 5 in Morristown
The Kenilworth Hotel
The Kenilworth Hotel
#1 of 1 in Kenilworth

Been to The Wilshire Grand Hotel? Share your experiences!