Garden Plaza Hotel
Official Website
$189
Residence Inn
Great 4.5/5
Courtyard West Orange(West Orange)
$159
$143
Courtyard
Good 3.5/5
Ramada East Orange(East Orange)
$76
Good 3.5/5
$51
$153
Very Good 4/5
All reviewsonly stayed one nightcomfortable bedsdiscounted rateconvenient locationpleasant staybrooknjcomputersrustaccommodationschannelsnyc
FilterAll languages
Reviewed August 21, 2012

my family and i went to visit some friends in Newark and decided to spend a day at West Orange zoo. the hotel across the street seemed a smart choice! OMG, the room smelled awful, we had hair all over the tub and sink, the sheets looked dirty and had strong cigarette smell and the worst, we were insulted by the manager!!!! How can BW allow to have someone like that as a hotel manager!!! She was extremely rude and denied the facts!!! Unbelievable! Her desk and office looked discussing and so was she and her (lack of) manners!!!! this should be seen by the hotel higher management because she is really a mean and unprofessional person!

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank ntag11
Reviewed August 8, 2012

To me, this is a motel 6 and worse. Don't be fooled by the pics, this place is not for business stay and def don't even think about bringing the wife or that special someone. . The furniture is very old, the tv is old, carpet is dirty, and the place smells of cigarettes. Spend the extra $40. And stay at a Marriott, even if you need to drive an extra 20 minutes.
If I can figure out how to upload actual photos - ill gladly do so.
The staff was very nice and the fitness equipment appear to be top notch. There's a beautiful park across the road and I'm hoping to go running there in the morning.
The dining is limited as most of the restaurants listed on google maps - have shut down with no replacements. There is a McDonald's and subway within walking distance.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank Joe M
Reviewed June 25, 2012

I would never stay here again if someone paid me. I was upset with the hotel clerk for not stating their rates before charging my debit card $172 to stay there for 7 hours. I was on my way to PA from NYC and started falling asleep while driving therefore decided to pull over and sleep and shower. When they sent me a survey to fill out over email I gave most ratings an average score because the hotel is definitely nothing above average. For the pricing rating I put poor because its not worth a rate of $149.99 a night by far! I then received an extremely rude email from the hotel manager because I gave the hotel a poor rating! I emailed him back explaining why he received the rating I gave and told him I didn't appreciate the rude email and didn't deserve it and the man emailed me AGAIN and stated word for word "I wasn't being rude just stating facts" as if that wasn't rude in itself! !! Very displeased with my experience here and would not recommend this hotel to anyone ever!!

• Stayed: June 2012
4  Thank Lepperhart
Reviewed May 28, 2012

We had a family emergency and, very late at night, we were looking for a place to stay for the evening. The front desk attendant, Anita, could not have been more sympathetic to our plight, and booked us quickly, calmly, and made sure we were able to take advantage of all the amenities of the hotel. What a nice lady. Made a stressful situation much easier. Thanks so much!

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed May 23, 2012

I stayed here for 4 nights for my daughter's graduation from a local University. The amenities (breakfast bar, 24 hour coffee, newspaper, and lounge area) were top notch.

I would strongly recommend staying at this hotel if you are in the Orange area of New Jersey. The prices are reasonable and the beds are very comfortable. The rooms were were clean.

The only complaint I would have on an extended stay is that they do not refill the toilet paper, shampoo, and soap. I know you can call on that, but I always travel with extra just in case. I know hotels think they are saving on this, but sometimes the little things do matter.

Room Tip: If on an extended stay, either bring in your own extras (toilet paper, shampoo, etc.) or be prepared to call the customer service desk.
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled with family