“Best Place to Stay in the Orange Area!”

BEST WESTERN Turtle Brook Inn
Ranked #4 of 4 Hotels in West Orange
Warren, Michigan, USA
“Best Place to Stay in the Orange Area!”
Reviewed May 23, 2012

I stayed here for 4 nights for my daughter's graduation from a local University. The amenities (breakfast bar, 24 hour coffee, newspaper, and lounge area) were top notch.

I would strongly recommend staying at this hotel if you are in the Orange area of New Jersey. The prices are reasonable and the beds are very comfortable. The rooms were were clean.

The only complaint I would have on an extended stay is that they do not refill the toilet paper, shampoo, and soap. I know you can call on that, but I always travel with extra just in case. I know hotels think they are saving on this, but sometimes the little things do matter.

Room Tip: If on an extended stay, either bring in your own extras (toilet paper, shampoo, etc.) or be prepared...
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (23)
New Haven, Connecticut
Reviewed April 30, 2012

Where to begin....I traveled to the Best Western from Ct, for a family wedding! There was no wedding discount rate applied which wasn't a big deal. I had booked my room well in advance for a king size bed, in fact I still have the confirmation email. Upon my arrival I was told my room was given to someone else who had to extend their stay and that I would be given a room with 2 double beds for $15 off...REALLY?!? This is the compensation I'm given for being inconvenienced! To top off the situation other hotel guests checked in after us that were not part of the wedding and given rooms with king sized beds! Still not the worst....I told the desk attendant that I would speak with the owners upon check out bc I was not at all satisfied with the room, there was 4 squares of toilet paper on the roll neatly folded into a point...seriously! There was also hair in my bed and trash in the pail....still not the worst! I never got to speak to the owners the next day since the clerk told me they were unavailable, but when another family member expressed my dissatisfaction was told I was quite satisfied with the room. Here it is the day after check out & my boyfriend is covered in bed bug bites!!! Disgusting all over his torso, and legs! I strongly recommend staying else where...in fact another family member stayed 11 miles down the road and had a flat screen tv in the room and it was cheaper rate!!! I will be writing a formal letter to the CEO of the Best Western and I hope that you look into other places before staying at the Turtle Brook Inn!!!

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
5 Thank Kgbslady

Travelers are raving about these West Orange hotels

Wilmington
Reviewed April 14, 2012

I just returned from Best Western Turtle Brook Inn & I loved it. I was here with a small group and found the staff, owners, and quality of the Inn excellent. The front desk staff were extremely professional and full of ideas for things to do with our group. Also, coming back to the hotel after a long day was easy as the beds & pillows made falling asleep so easy...The cleaniness of the hotel was great as was the ease of finding food and recreation in the area. I would recommend this hotel to anyone in need of a place to stay in West Orange or the surrounding area. Great Job!

Room Tip: Rooms in the front have a nice balcony & the rooms in the back are very quiet...so either way yo...
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled on business
TBI555, Owner at BEST WESTERN Turtle Brook Inn, responded to this review, April 17, 2012
Dear April , Thank you for your review. if was a pleasure to have you and you students stay with us. I want to add that all of your students were polite and very friendly. Hope to see you in the future.
Wilmington, DE
Reviewed January 6, 2012

Stayed here New Year's Eve 2011 in order to enjoy a night in New York City. It is only a 4 mile drive to the South Orange train station which was convenient. The motel is dated but kept up nicely, my biggest gripe was getting charged an extra $20 for having 4 people instead of 2, even though I put 4 on the travel site when I did the booking. In addition to this I realized at check out that they charged me for a rollaway bed that I never asked for, an additional $20 that they said they will take off but at the time of this review has yet to come off my credit card. Besides that the hotel is very adequate, it is safe and comfortable although the double beds were pretty small. We didn't wake up in time to experience breakfast so I have nothing to report on that. So all in all, it is a decent place, especially on a night like New Year's Eve when it really is only serving as a crash pad

• Stayed December 2011, traveled with friends
Arlington Heights, Illinois, United States
Reviewed January 4, 2012

This was a great place to stay in October, 2011, when I was in NJ for a high school reunion. The reduced prices for a group stay made this a very fair value. I am in a wheelchair (manual), and was able to get around with little or no trouble, even though the ramps are a bit steep!

There is a wonderful TV room with a large TV.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled with friends
Bethlehem, Pennsylvania
Reviewed January 1, 2012

Stayed at this hotel on New Year's Eve 2011 to attend a special event. Front desk staff was very friendly, efficient and helpful - particularly with directions to local attracations and restaurants. Room was clean and tidy - beds were AMAZINGLY comfortable. Bathroom was clean and shower was great. No elevator so ability to use stairs is a must and free breakfast was barely adequate. Still the free breakfast is not a big deal to me; security, convenience, cleanliness, friendly, helpful staff and value for the price are my top requirements and this hotel devliered in a big way on all. Would stay here again in a minute.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled as a couple
Hackettstown, New Jersey
Reviewed December 15, 2011

I stayed at a lot of hotels and this was the absolute worst!! I made a reservation at this hotel for 5 nights because it was close to the hospital where my husband was having surgery. Firstly, the front doors which lead to the lobby were blocked off. I had to enter through a back door, which I subsequently found out was open 24/7. There was no physical security and anyone entering via the back door could not be seen by the front desk clerk. Moreover, I had to walk through a large dark parking lot and pass by an abandoned restaurant which is attached to the hotel. Very dangerous, especially for women or children. In fact, this place was so unsafe, I spent the night sleeping on a chair in my husband’s hospital room. The next morning, I complained to manager and he was extremely nasty and refused to give me my money back. The only good thing about this hotel is it’s location as it is very close to Turtle Brook Zoo. On a positive note, I found a GREAT upscale hotel just a few miles away. The hotel is called the Westminister, very good security, lots of amenities (spa, indoor pool, gym, etc.) very nice rooms and super management. And the cost of staying at the Westminster was LESS than the Best Western. Please, if you value your safety and the safety of your family, do not stay at the Best Western Turtle Brook Inn.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled solo
#1 of 1 in Kenilworth
Grand Summit Hotel
Grand Summit Hotel
#1 of 1 in Summit

Been to BEST WESTERN Turtle Brook Inn? Share your experiences!