Garden Plaza Hotel
$237
$219
Official Website
$219
Courtyard West Orange(West Orange)
$159
$70
$153
$145
Hotels.com
All reviewsonly stayed one nightcomfortable bedsdiscounted rateconvenient locationpleasant staybrooknjcomputersrustaccommodationschannelsnyc
Reviewed January 6, 2012

Stayed here New Year's Eve 2011 in order to enjoy a night in New York City. It is only a 4 mile drive to the South Orange train station which was convenient. The motel is dated but kept up nicely, my biggest gripe was getting charged an extra $20 for having 4 people instead of 2, even though I put 4 on the travel site when I did the booking. In addition to this I realized at check out that they charged me for a rollaway bed that I never asked for, an additional $20 that they said they will take off but at the time of this review has yet to come off my credit card. Besides that the hotel is very adequate, it is safe and comfortable although the double beds were pretty small. We didn't wake up in time to experience breakfast so I have nothing to report on that. So all in all, it is a decent place, especially on a night like New Year's Eve when it really is only serving as a crash pad

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled with friends
Reviewed January 4, 2012

This was a great place to stay in October, 2011, when I was in NJ for a high school reunion. The reduced prices for a group stay made this a very fair value. I am in a wheelchair (manual), and was able to get around with little or no trouble, even though the ramps are a bit steep!

There is a wonderful TV room with a large TV.

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled with friends
Reviewed January 1, 2012

Stayed at this hotel on New Year's Eve 2011 to attend a special event. Front desk staff was very friendly, efficient and helpful - particularly with directions to local attracations and restaurants. Room was clean and tidy - beds were AMAZINGLY comfortable. Bathroom was clean and shower was great. No elevator so ability to use stairs is a must and free breakfast was barely adequate. Still the free breakfast is not a big deal to me; security, convenience, cleanliness, friendly, helpful staff and value for the price are my top requirements and this hotel devliered in a big way on all. Would stay here again in a minute.

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed December 15, 2011

I stayed at a lot of hotels and this was the absolute worst!! I made a reservation at this hotel for 5 nights because it was close to the hospital where my husband was having surgery. Firstly, the front doors which lead to the lobby were blocked off. I had to enter through a back door, which I subsequently found out was open 24/7. There was no physical security and anyone entering via the back door could not be seen by the front desk clerk. Moreover, I had to walk through a large dark parking lot and pass by an abandoned restaurant which is attached to the hotel. Very dangerous, especially for women or children. In fact, this place was so unsafe, I spent the night sleeping on a chair in my husband’s hospital room. The next morning, I complained to manager and he was extremely nasty and refused to give me my money back. The only good thing about this hotel is it’s location as it is very close to Turtle Brook Zoo. On a positive note, I found a GREAT upscale hotel just a few miles away. The hotel is called the Westminister, very good security, lots of amenities (spa, indoor pool, gym, etc.) very nice rooms and super management. And the cost of staying at the Westminster was LESS than the Best Western. Please, if you value your safety and the safety of your family, do not stay at the Best Western Turtle Brook Inn.

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled solo
4  Thank Ginia B
Reviewed October 14, 2011

As Seton Hall parents, we have stayed here a couple times. This hotel is close to the campus and several great, restaurants. The staff is always welcoming and friendly. As usual Paula and Brian (the owners) made us feel like family - greeting and chatting with us. Large, clean rooms and there were grab bars in the shower and by the toilet, which eased my mind about the bathroom and shower. (my elderly mother-in-law was with us). I thoroughly enjoyed the waffles for breakfast. We will book again for our next trip.

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled with family