“Would Stay Again”

Ranked #4 of 4 Hotels in West Orange
Bethlehem, Pennsylvania
“Would Stay Again”
Reviewed January 1, 2012

Stayed at this hotel on New Year's Eve 2011 to attend a special event. Front desk staff was very friendly, efficient and helpful - particularly with directions to local attracations and restaurants. Room was clean and tidy - beds were AMAZINGLY comfortable. Bathroom was clean and shower was great. No elevator so ability to use stairs is a must and free breakfast was barely adequate. Still the free breakfast is not a big deal to me; security, convenience, cleanliness, friendly, helpful staff and value for the price are my top requirements and this hotel devliered in a big way on all. Would stay here again in a minute.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (22)
Hackettstown, New Jersey
Reviewed December 15, 2011

I stayed at a lot of hotels and this was the absolute worst!! I made a reservation at this hotel for 5 nights because it was close to the hospital where my husband was having surgery. Firstly, the front doors which lead to the lobby were blocked off. I had to enter through a back door, which I subsequently found out was open 24/7. There was no physical security and anyone entering via the back door could not be seen by the front desk clerk. Moreover, I had to walk through a large dark parking lot and pass by an abandoned restaurant which is attached to the hotel. Very dangerous, especially for women or children. In fact, this place was so unsafe, I spent the night sleeping on a chair in my husband’s hospital room. The next morning, I complained to manager and he was extremely nasty and refused to give me my money back. The only good thing about this hotel is it’s location as it is very close to Turtle Brook Zoo. On a positive note, I found a GREAT upscale hotel just a few miles away. The hotel is called the Westminister, very good security, lots of amenities (spa, indoor pool, gym, etc.) very nice rooms and super management. And the cost of staying at the Westminster was LESS than the Best Western. Please, if you value your safety and the safety of your family, do not stay at the Best Western Turtle Brook Inn.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled solo
4 Thank Ginia B

Travelers are raving about these West Orange hotels

Syracuse, New York
Reviewed October 14, 2011

As Seton Hall parents, we have stayed here a couple times. This hotel is close to the campus and several great, restaurants. The staff is always welcoming and friendly. As usual Paula and Brian (the owners) made us feel like family - greeting and chatting with us. Large, clean rooms and there were grab bars in the shower and by the toilet, which eased my mind about the bathroom and shower. (my elderly mother-in-law was with us). I thoroughly enjoyed the waffles for breakfast. We will book again for our next trip.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled with family
Pennsylvania
Reviewed October 9, 2011

I was looking for a 1-night stay out of NYC - clean, comfortable, relatively inexpensive, not too far off I-280 - and I found it at this Best Western. Breakfast was surprisingly good too.
The room was large, the bathroom clean and the shower pressure I gave an "A" - good shower pressure is very important to me.
I only stayed one night so I can't talk about the motel's convenience as a bedroom for a multi-day New York City visit but it only took me 40 minutes from the time I got out of the Theatre at 10:30pm on a Wednesday night to get my car, make my way through the Lincoln Tunnel, onto the Jersey Turnpike and I-280 to the property.
I'll definitely return when I need this type of accommodation.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled solo
1 Thank jocovp
Boston, MA
Reviewed August 28, 2011

My family and I recently stayed at this hotel so we could have easy access to New York City. This hotel is not only conveniently located within driving distance to the city (there's also an affordable bus you can take from across the street), it is also extremely clean and friendly. This was our second stay at this establishment. Each time we arrive we are greeted by friendly. accommodating staff. The owners are always around which gives the place a family-friendly feel. The rooms are spacious, the breakfast is above average for hotels of this kind and there is ample parking. I highly recommend anybody looking to visit NYC or the amazing zoo across the street without going bankrupt to book your rooms at this hotel!

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a balcony to give your room a larger feeling.
  • Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
Tucson,AZ
Reviewed August 17, 2011

We had a room on the second floor. There is no elevator and the circular stairway is difficult to navigate with luggage. Our room was spacious and clean. The shower had excellent pressure, one of the best showers we have had. The breakfast was typical motel fare, but well organized and stocked. There was plenty of room to sit and eat. The hotel also offers a coffee bar through out the day with decaf in the evening. Check in was a little confused but very friendly. From then on, no one on the staff, including the manager, would greet us or even make eye contact. It did not detract from the stay but was rather annoying. Not exactly a welcoming atmosphere!!! All in all we would stay here again. The location is central to several North Jersey towns and offers good value. A friendly occasional "Good morning" would make it even better.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank maranasam
new england
Reviewed February 7, 2011

Don't really like BW's in the US but I read the reviews and stayed. It was good. Front desk was helpful and pleasant. Rooms large and clean. No complaints at all.

• Stayed February 2011, traveled on business
#1 of 1 in Summit
The Kenilworth Hotel
The Kenilworth Hotel
#1 of 1 in Kenilworth

Been to BEST WESTERN Turtle Brook Inn? Share your experiences!