“Darn Good BBQ” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of SuzyQue's BBQ & Bar

SuzyQue's BBQ & Bar
Reserve with OpenTable
SuzyQue's BBQ & Bar is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #9 of 96 Restaurants in West Orange
Cuisines: Bar, Grill, American, Barbecue
Good for: Families with children, Special occasions, Kids, Bar scene, Large groups
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Off-Street Parking, Full Bar, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Dining style: Casual Dining
Description: SuzyQue’s offers a unique blend of southern BBQ. We draw from the flavors of Tennessee, Texas and North Carolina to create our own special delicacies. We use only the finest premium meats slow smoked in our state-of-the-art smoker with our own exclusive blend of rubs made in house. All our BBQ is available dry rubbed, simply seasoned, and smoked, or with one of our homemade sauces. We are committed to using only the best ingredients and cooking low and slow with real hickory, apple, cherry and oak. In the world of BBQ the pink smoke ring is one of the most sought after properties of smoked meats and the pit masters sign of excellence.
Hartford, Connecticut, United States
“Darn Good BBQ”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 10, 2013

I recently went to SuzyQue's for the first time with my sister. She had a great restaurant deal from Groupon that gave us two dinners for the price of one and came with a choice of beer or house wine.

They restaurant is a large, remodeled house that has both a historic and neighborhood feel to it. If you plan on going on the weekend, make reservations in advance because they get very busy, which is a good thing.

They also have live local musicians play, so if you are looking for a quieter dinner, ask to sit towards the back of the restaurant. The music gets loud and you may find a patron or two that gets up to dance. It's a fun but loud environment.

I ordered the BBQ Beef Short Rib entree and it was is excellent. Top notch! It was one of the best BBQ ribs I've had in a while and was pleased to see beef on their menu since I don't eat pork. My sister enjoyed their BBQ Combo Platter that came with, two baby back ribs, two St. Louis Ribs, two smoked wings, beef brisket and Carolina chopped pork. The entrees came with two sides and corn bread. I opted for collard greens and baked macaroni & cheese and my sister had their cream spinach and mashed potatoes. Yum all around!

They also have an array of appetizers and desserts to choose from. I would definitely go back and look forward to a future visit with my sister in NJ. Next time, I want to have enough room to try dessert!

• Visited June 2013
1 Thank Aaliyah M

Califon, New Jersey, United States
“Lunch”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 28, 2013 via mobile

We found this joint by googling BBQ. It looked interesting via the web site, so we decided to give it a try. My first impression was , lets leave. It was dirty and empty. With that being said I ordered deep fried mac and cheese, it was very good. Then on to my lunch. I ordered combo platter cause I wanted a little of everything . What I got was a little of everything leftover from last nite. It was very dried out and tough. Will not be back.

• Visited May 2013
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
“Decent ribs”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 1, 2013 via mobile

Got the combo platter. Ribs were good but were probably from the previous day. All the other items were reheated old and dried up. The collard greens were good but the Mac and cheese was also somewhat old and spruced up by adding a new layer of cheese to the top. Overall it was just ok but woul not go back.

• Visited May 2013
West Orange, New Jersey
“Quite a surprise!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 24, 2013

Two couples enjoyed a delightful meal at this West Orange spot last weekend, and we were all surprised! The bbq was delicious, the portions plentiful and the service was good. The low point was the leaden corn bread, but my pork dish was so tasty that I overlooked it. We all thought the value was better than average and enjoyed the lively atmosphere on a weekend evening.

• Visited April 2013
Roselle Park, New Jersey
“Ribs and more to die for!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 8, 2013

SuzyQue's has very limited parking when they're serving to capacity. You may need to park on the side street across the road. Go earlier in the evening for less of a crowd and if you want less noise before the band sets up.

Visited March 2013