“Well worth a visit and fantastic view of the lake”

McLoone's Boathouse
Reserve with OpenTable
McLoone's Boathouse is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #16 of 101 Restaurants in West Orange
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Cross street: Northfield Ave
Transit: NJ Transit 73
Description: Located within the South Mountain Recreation Complex, McLoone's Boathouse sits on the banks of the reservoir, showcasing spectacular views to our customers. McLoone's Boathouse features seating for 240 inside, with an additional 80 to 100 outside (FIRST COME, FIRST SERVE BASIS ONLY),as well as semi-private dining area that is perfect to host your next party, corporate function or other special event. Please know that reservations will only guarntee inside seating in our main dining rooms and does not include outside dining. Thank you!
Reviewed June 5, 2014

I attended here as part of a work dinner. The views are just fantastic and the outside terrace is well worth sitting on. We ate in the dining room in a cordoned off bit and this was good. It was a set buffet and this was fine. Serving staff were efficient and friendly.

Highly recommended and I would return

Reviewed June 3, 2014

I recently visit this location for a last minute met and greet.

We made no reservation. It was a Monday night around 630 and we were able to get a table outside where the view of the lake was just amazing. The menu is very limited and a little costly. I was a short meet and greet so we had a very good salad.

I would not consider going with the family.

Reviewed May 28, 2014

We went with family on a Sat. night. It was so loud that conversation was impossible. The food was mediocre at best, and they never served our appetizers. Management was apologetic and gave us free desserts. The best part of the meal was the cocktails. I doubt that I would go there again for dinner.

Reviewed May 20, 2014

Great for lunch, especially outdoors in good weather. Wonderful bar scene, but food does not match the quality at their Jersey Shore locations.

Reviewed May 18, 2014

After making a reservation, we asked to be seated outside. The informed me that the wait should be 1 hour because my reservation didn't count outside. The food is average and the servers are inexperienced. The spinach artichoke dip is terrible. The bread is stale.