“A Lovely Spring Afternoon”

McLoone's Boathouse
Ranked #10 of 99 Restaurants in West Orange
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Cross street: Northfield Ave
Transit: NJ Transit 73
Description: Located within the South Mountain Recreation Complex, McLoone's Boathouse sits on the banks of the reservoir, showcasing spectacular views to our customers. McLoone's Boathouse features seating for 240 inside, with an additional 80 to 100 outside (FIRST COME, FIRST SERVE BASIS ONLY),as well as semi-private dining area that is perfect to host your next party, corporate function or other special event. Please know that reservations will only guarntee inside seating in our main dining rooms and does not include outside dining. Thank you!
NJ
“A Lovely Spring Afternoon”
Reviewed May 7, 2013

Spent an afternoon at lunch with my 2 nieces. We were seated outside on the patio overlooking the reservoir. My niece commented that she felt like she was on vacation! We had the edamame, with sea salt and lime. I love edamame!! My niece had the crabby patty, which was quite good and my other niece had the veggie sandwich, which I didn't actually taste. I had the shrimp po'boy, which I really enjoyed. It's not inexpensive, but the atmosphere makes the cost worth it. We went over to the Turtle Back Zoo after lunch, which is really becoming a great destination! They have the Sea Lion exhibit open now and just love to watch those wonderful creatures!!

• Visited May 2013

Towaco
“Nice Setting, Otherwise Very Average”
Reviewed May 3, 2013

The building, the bar, the outdoor dining area and overall scenery are great. Unfortunately, my family and I came to have dinner. That's where things didn't live up to expectations. The menu is pretty good, but definitely overpriced. The cowboy steak had more fat than meat, the so-called crispy calamari appetizer was anything but crispy and the chicken risotto was bland. The Mahi, Mahi was a decent size and tasty, but overall, the food was very average. You could get the same meal somewhere else for much less.

• Visited May 2013
�G|ϗϨ�
“Big and noisy but fair bar food”
Reviewed April 29, 2013

Waiter attempted service but the kitchen did not cooperate . Food was ok and a little better. Not really a favorite . Th atmosphere inside was sort of like a mess hall

• Visited April 2013
1 Thank steverA8718SU
Boonton, New Jersey
“Good, but was expecting more”
Reviewed April 18, 2013 via mobile

We came here for Sunday brunch, we arrived at 12:45pm, there was an hour wait but we didn't mind because we could sit at the bar and still get the brunch. The service and the atmosphere are great, the food is average for the price. I like a big selection at a brunch, but nothing was really awesome. We will be back and hope its better.

Visited April 2013
1 Thank John T
New Jersey
“WOW! Such an experience to be had in West Orange!”
Reviewed March 29, 2013

My friend and I had a beautiful table in the bar area. Looking out at the water and trees, it was hard to believe I was near a major road in our town. I felt like I was at a resort! The building is AMAZING ! I looked in the main dining room and it seemed noisy and crowded- I would not sit in there- the bar area was lovely and quiet and there are small tables to eat. All service was A+- from the moment I asked for a table to the people clearing tables, service was truly with a smile. I took away 1 star because the prices seem awfully steep. 10.95 for a house salad? I ordered the Chicken Panini and it was perfect. I asked for a garden salad instead of fries and there was no substution charge. Our water glasses were constantly filled. The General Manager came by and asked how everything was, and I said I was pleased up until that point. I would definitely go back! Romantic date spot.

• Visited March 2013