“Service lacking? Food, eh”

McLoone's Boathouse
Reserve with OpenTable
McLoone's Boathouse is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #10 of 97 Restaurants in West Orange
Cuisines: American, Bar
Good for: Scenic view, Bar scene, Families with children, Large groups, Kids, Business meetings, Special occasions
Dining options: Brunch, Lunch, Drinks, Dinner, Late Night, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Dining style: Fine Dining
Cross street: Northfield Ave
Transit: NJ Transit 73
Description: Located within the South Mountain Recreation Complex, McLoone's Boathouse sits on the banks of the reservoir, showcasing spectacular views to our customers. McLoone's Boathouse features seating for 240 inside, with an additional 80 to 100 outside (FIRST COME, FIRST SERVE BASIS ONLY),as well as semi-private dining area that is perfect to host your next party, corporate function or other special event. Please know that reservations will only guarntee inside seating in our main dining rooms and does not include outside dining. Thank you!
Mendham, New Jersey
“Service lacking? Food, eh”
Reviewed November 20, 2012

Came here after a graduation when other plans fell through. We were not a large party, but it was Sunday morning. Waited and waited and waited to served. Food not even memorable. Want to be kind as view was so nice, but "kids" serving us? Just stood around talking to one another instead of waiting on us. It was not overly busy, but my wife kept stating maybe they were busy on the other side. Puzzled by positive feedback left by others.,Maybe we came on bad day?

• Visited June 2012
1 Thank mstarstew

Maplewood,
“Greatly improved since we were last there”
Reviewed November 18, 2012

Our initial dining experiences at McLoone's were not good, but the restaurant has greatly improved. The staff was warm and welcoming, they honored our reservation, we were seated in the room we requested, the service was excellent and the food delicious. I would definitely return in the near future,

• Visited November 2012
Orange, New Jersey, United States
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Good food, Excellent Ambience, Attentive Staff”
Reviewed October 24, 2012

I have aten at McLoones several times. I usually stick to the same dishes, for appetizer I get the wings, and for my entree I get either the ribs or the steak. I perfer the ribs, they are delicious, fall right off the phone and I love their vegetables. I get the string beans and sauteed spinach. I also love the mango diariqui. My husband gets the calarmi and the crab cakes every single time. My girlfriend likes the dishes with all the seafood and pasta in it. The only complaint I have is yes the food is pricy, but I dont mind so much because it tastes so good and depending on what night you go, it can be noisy. I would avoid going on a Friday night, alot of parties are reserved on Friday nights and the live music is very loud. So i would go during the week or early on the weekend. Other than that my experiences have been pleasant. For a party of two, look to spend at least $70. So far I have been with my family and friends and they all love it. And they all talk about going back.

• Visited August 2012
1 Thank Felicia E
nj
“Nice Place”
Reviewed October 8, 2012

We came across McLoone's Boathouse by accident over the July 4th weekend. Just had drinks outside over looking the lake and it was great! Drinks were good, service was good and just a very calming, serene atmosphere.

• Visited July 2012
1 Thank cm1242
Newark, New Jersey
“A new kind of atmosphere.”
Reviewed October 6, 2012

A restaurant with a scenic view over the reservoir in West Orange NJ. Outside you can enjoy the view when the water is at normal level and you can sit around a large fireplace with some friends if the noise gets to be too much on the inside. Food was very good and good portion size but you will pay for it. Not highly expensive but reasonable for the kind of food & portion you get. Me and a friend was able to share desert and we both had had enough when we were through and it only cost $9 for a big hot chocolate brownie with a large scoop of icecream. Looking forward to my next visit.

• Visited September 2012