“Sunday Brunch-Amazing Food & Great Value”

McLoone's Boathouse
Reserve with OpenTable
McLoone's Boathouse is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #11 of 98 Restaurants in West Orange
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Cross street: Northfield Ave
Transit: NJ Transit 73
Description: Located within the South Mountain Recreation Complex, McLoone's Boathouse sits on the banks of the reservoir, showcasing spectacular views to our customers. McLoone's Boathouse features seating for 240 inside, with an additional 80 to 100 outside (FIRST COME, FIRST SERVE BASIS ONLY),as well as semi-private dining area that is perfect to host your next party, corporate function or other special event. Please know that reservations will only guarntee inside seating in our main dining rooms and does not include outside dining. Thank you!
West Orange
“Sunday Brunch-Amazing Food & Great Value”
Reviewed August 20, 2012

Wanted a special place to take a friend of ours visiting from the UK. Four of us had 10:30am reservation for Brunch. Perfect time - not very crowded, and quiet enough to have great conversation. We had time to walk around the entire place, and enjoy the views. We had eaten here before, so in my opinion, the price tag for Brunch represents their best value. And the food...everything you could imagine on a great brunch menu. We took our time and didn't feel rushed. The food was wonderful and our server, Caitlin, was attentive and very professional. My advice, go early, great food, great value.

• Visited August 2012

Short Hills, New Jersey
“Great Place, Ok Food, Just Bring a BOATLOAD of Money”
Reviewed August 19, 2012

I had a late lunch with a friend here a few weeks ago. I cannot speak to the noise level as they were not busy when I went. But, whatever the noise, the building and view of the lake and fountain make up for it. The wait staff was friendly and attentive. They didn't hover over you or rush you. The menu was a smorgasbord of choice -- from clams/oysters on the half shell, to burgers, to sushi. I had high expectations when my food arrived. I was a little let down. The food was tasty but nothing to write home about. I would definitely come back again. This is the perfect place to go if you want to relax and dine leisurely. Be sure, though, to bring a boat load of money. The prices are HIGH!!!

• Visited June 2012
1 Thank webjd
Montclair, New Jersey
“A DISASTER”
Reviewed August 8, 2012

We had the worst experience at this restaurant. This was my second visit to this place. Both times, the service was AWFUL. Once for lunch, it took THREE hours to finish our meal. Pricing was OUTRAGEOUS. For lunch, three people, only two appetizers, a bottle of Pinot Grigio and ONE dessert -- $110.00. For dinner, it took 1-1/2 hours for two burgers to arrive. They were RAW. We sent them back. They came out a half hour later, again RAW. My husband ate his anyway, and was up during the night with stomach pains. DON'T GO to this restaurant unless you want to ruin your day. There are plenty of others in the area that are far better.

• Visited August 2012
1 Thank KaceyKacey
New York City, New York
“Disappointing”
Reviewed August 6, 2012

We came here for a romantic anniverssary dinner, the building and the location looked great, but I had no prior expectations. We arrived on time and were seated quickly inside a very large room, everything was downhill from here. The service was below average, the bread was microwaved, my sea bass was like a chunk of white rubber, the place was dim and gloomy, and even though it was not full, it was quite noisy.
Such a shame, this place has a great potential.
I could have had a better experience for half the price at a chain retaurant.

1 Thank Yariv666
Springfield, NJ
“Lovely outdoor area; great food and service”
Reviewed July 30, 2012 via mobile

The outdoor seating area is lovely. The service is attentive and not rushed. I appreciate a slower paced service, especially in a nice atmosphere while dining with friends. The menu has an eclectic assortment- sushi, burgers, seafood, salads--pretty much anything. We had southwestern spring rolls and buffalo chicken pot stickers for appetizers. Both were tasty. Two in our group shared the wedge salad which was plenty for two and looked great-- topped with bacon and tomato. My entree was teriyaki salmon with wild rice and asparagus-- it was delicious! The sauce was not overpowering or salty. The rice was a great compliment to the fish and the asparagus was perfectly cooked. My husband had the crabby patty- a crab cake on a bun with sweet potato fries which he enjoyed. Others in our group had a turkey burger, vegetarian pizza, ahi tuna salad and spicy tuna rolls. Everyone enjoyed their food- no one had room for dessert. I had a very nice house Sauvignon blanc- $8 a glass. Like the food, prices vary depending on what your order. One thing I did appreciate was that the waiter disclosed the price of the specials as he described them. The veal special was $42-- imagine finding that surprise on your bill! My friends and I will definitely return. Highly recommended.