“A DISASTER”

McLoone's Boathouse
Reserve with OpenTable
McLoone's Boathouse is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #11 of 100 Restaurants in West Orange
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Cross street: Northfield Ave
Transit: NJ Transit 73
Description: Located within the South Mountain Recreation Complex, McLoone's Boathouse sits on the banks of the reservoir, showcasing spectacular views to our customers. McLoone's Boathouse features seating for 240 inside, with an additional 80 to 100 outside (FIRST COME, FIRST SERVE BASIS ONLY),as well as semi-private dining area that is perfect to host your next party, corporate function or other special event. Please know that reservations will only guarntee inside seating in our main dining rooms and does not include outside dining. Thank you!
Reviewed August 8, 2012

We had the worst experience at this restaurant. This was my second visit to this place. Both times, the service was AWFUL. Once for lunch, it took THREE hours to finish our meal. Pricing was OUTRAGEOUS. For lunch, three people, only two appetizers, a bottle of Pinot Grigio and ONE dessert -- $110.00. For dinner, it took 1-1/2 hours for two burgers to arrive. They were RAW. We sent them back. They came out a half hour later, again RAW. My husband ate his anyway, and was up during the night with stomach pains. DON'T GO to this restaurant unless you want to ruin your day. There are plenty of others in the area that are far better.

1  Thank KaceyKacey
There are newer reviews for McLoone's Boathouse

Reviewed August 6, 2012

We came here for a romantic anniverssary dinner, the building and the location looked great, but I had no prior expectations. We arrived on time and were seated quickly inside a very large room, everything was downhill from here. The service was below average, the bread was microwaved, my sea bass was like a chunk of white rubber, the place was dim and gloomy, and even though it was not full, it was quite noisy.
Such a shame, this place has a great potential.
I could have had a better experience for half the price at a chain retaurant.

1  Thank Yariv666
Reviewed July 30, 2012

The outdoor seating area is lovely. The service is attentive and not rushed. I appreciate a slower paced service, especially in a nice atmosphere while dining with friends. The menu has an eclectic assortment- sushi, burgers, seafood, salads--pretty much anything. We had southwestern spring rolls and buffalo chicken pot stickers for appetizers. Both were tasty. Two in our group shared the wedge salad which was plenty for two and looked great-- topped with bacon and tomato. My entree was teriyaki salmon with wild rice and asparagus-- it was delicious! The sauce was not overpowering or salty. The rice was a great compliment to the fish and the asparagus was perfectly cooked. My husband had the crabby patty- a crab cake on a bun with sweet potato fries which he enjoyed. Others in our group had a turkey burger, vegetarian pizza, ahi tuna salad and spicy tuna rolls. Everyone enjoyed their food- no one had room for dessert. I had a very nice house Sauvignon blanc- $8 a glass. Like the food, prices vary depending on what your order. One thing I did appreciate was that the waiter disclosed the price of the specials as he described them. The veal special was $42-- imagine finding that surprise on your bill! My friends and I will definitely return. Highly recommended.

Reviewed July 21, 2012

I think the Mcloone's franchise is all about location. The original in Sea Bright has an amazing view of the water. So does one in Long Branch. And this one is no different, with a great outside patio with a fire pit and outside bar. Great place for a drink, but we went for a full dinner and food is ok (like all McLoones in general). Overall ok but a bit on the expensive side.

1  Thank njpell
Reviewed July 20, 2012

Great service, Lorenzo and Derek made me and my husbands night I will make sure to visit again soon, oyea and the outside seating is the way to go.