I made a reservation at the Residence Inn to stay the night for my honeymoon night. When the staff showed me the wedding suite the one bedroom and studio, I have to say that it did not look like a bad deal. The place was decent and it would do for one night. However, when I talked to the front desk about my reservation the seedy part of the Residence Inn emerged. First, I was greeted by a man who kept telling me that he could make everything happen on my honeymoon night. After seeing a few customers pass him tips I figured this was the guy's game to score some cash tips while he stroked you at the door. His name is Christopher Fisher. Turns out, all of the guys promises were bogus. I asked for the wedding suite and he tells me it's not available on 12/29/2008. Then he says, "give me a call on the day before and I'll probably be able to squeeze you in." Squeeze me in? The room is already taken? How am I going to get squeezed in? Needless to say, eventhough I was willing to pay the rediculous rate of $299.00 for a one night stay, the room was not available on the day of my stay when I called him back. I decided to go for the one bedroom for $119.00 for the night. Which is basically the wedding suite without the jacuzzi. I was told at first that the rate for this room was $179.00 then Mr. Fisher magically discovered the room rate went down to $119.00. I booked it. Mr. Fisher promised me a bottle of champagne in the room for my inconvenience. Something I was willing to pay for and would have been complimentary with the wedding suite. Well guess what, on the morning of 12/29/2008 I reserve the room and get the same promise of champagne. In the evening when I arrive with my bride for my honeymoon stay there was no champagne in the room. That's okay, I think, I'll just walk downstairs and ask for a bottle. At the front desk they tell me that they do not have access to champagne at night. Then they give me a choice of some cheap $12.00 wine they had lying around in the lobby. I took a sorry bottle of Mondavi white wine to the room. I was not happy, but I let it go, because it is my wedding night afterall. However, anticipating that the hotel staff would not remember that I had requested a late check out at 2:00pm the next day I called down to the desk at about 10:00am to tell the staff of my request for a late check out on 12/30/2008. Guess what happened at exactly 12:00pm on that same day? Someone calls from the front desk to inform me of the check out time of 12:00pm. I inform them that not two hours ago I called to tell them of my late check out request on 12/29/2008. Finally, I pack up my stuff and go down to the front desk, I tell them about my disappointment and their response is oh, I'm sorry well at least you have a beautiful bride. I would advise against visiting this place if you want a decent stay on your honeymoon night.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Residence Inn by Marriott West Orange is an ideal choice among hotels in West Orange, NJ for business and leisure travel. We offer a comfortable home away from home, centrally located in the heart of West Orange and near many area attractions including Montclair State University and Wellmont Theater. Our West Orange, NY hotel is pet friendly and is an all-suite hotel boasting unique design and decor. We make it easy for guests to relax while traveling for work or pleasure, offering cozy guest suites and many enjoyable public spaces. When you stay with us at Residence Inn by Marriott West Orange, you will be able to sleep, work, and entertain in your suite and have productive experiences in the public areas of our hotel. We provide you with complimentary Wi-Fi, ergonomic work areas, and a daily free hot breakfast to start your day the right way. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Orbitz, Marriott, Cheap Tickets, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, Cancelon and HotelQuickly so you can book your Residence Inn West Orange reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Residence Inn West Orange Hotel West Orange
- West Orange Residence Inn