The property is very pretty, but I will never go back.
The good points
The hotel is very pretty and is next door to a country club and the Manor.
The kitchen staff was very friendly.
The pool was clean.
My room was clean when I arrived.
The bad points
They need better soundproofing in the rooms. If you were in the kitchen or living area you could hear everything going on in the hallway.
Like all Residence Inn's they offer breakfast every morning, but it isn't all that wonderful, although they do have real plates and metal spoons and forks.
They only give you dinner Mon-Wed most Residence Inn's give you dinner on Thursday night as well.
They don't have a shuttle bus. Most Residence Inn's and hotels have shuttles.
They have a bar on site. With a bar on site there were frequently people drinking in the common area including at meal times.
They don't have a large outdoor area. No place to get any outdoor exercise or for children to play. They have a small gym on site.
They have a fake playroom for children off of the laundry room. It was smaller than my closet at home.
Things specific to me.
I stayed in a room right by the bar and across from the meeting rooms. Most of the time it wasn't a problem, but on several occasions it was a problem. I had to deal with the loud noises coming from the meetings/parties in the meeting rooms. I had to deal with people who knocked on my door instead of the meeting room door. I had to deal with the people hanging out in front of my door talking loudly. They were sold out and couldn't move me for two nights as they were sold out. I declined and I searched for a new hotel.
I had a do not disturb sign on my door that was ignored. Maintenance staff came into my room and made a small repair, even though I had a sign on my door that stated that I didn't want to be disturbed.
I was double billed for one night. After 3 phone calls and a week later the issue still isn't fully resolved. I have spent more than 4 hours trying to fix the problem that they created and I still don't have a straight bill or things corrected with Marriott Rewards!
If you do stay there my suggestion is to not stay on the first floor near the meeting rooms or bar. For more than 200 a night for a 2 bedroom suite I expected and deserved a lot more.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Residence Inn by Marriott West Orange is an ideal choice among hotels in West Orange, NJ for business and leisure travel. We offer a comfortable home away from home, centrally located in the heart of West Orange and near many area attractions including Montclair State University and Wellmont Theater. Our West Orange, NY hotel is pet friendly and is an all-suite hotel boasting unique design and decor. We make it easy for guests to relax while traveling for work or pleasure, offering cozy guest suites and many enjoyable public spaces. When you stay with us at Residence Inn by Marriott West Orange, you will be able to sleep, work, and entertain in your suite and have productive experiences in the public areas of our hotel. We provide you with complimentary Wi-Fi, ergonomic work areas, and a daily free hot breakfast to start your day the right way. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Expedia, Priceline, Marriott, Cancelon, Hotwire, TripOnline SA and HotelQuickly so you can book your Residence Inn West Orange reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Residence Inn West Orange Hotel West Orange
- West Orange Residence Inn