“It was a good day!!”
Review of Turtle Back Zoo

Turtle Back Zoo
Ranked #2 of 15 things to do in West Orange
Reviewed September 1, 2013

We love Turtle back zoo, however this time I'm very disappointed. We visited with the kids and they were looking forward to the "Pony Ride" when we got there my husband went to buy the tickets for our 3 kids (2,5,8) and the "Lady" who was selling them told my 8 year old that he was to Fat to ride! He immediately starts to cry and I got very very upset with this women how can she tell a child that he is too fat! And them when I call her out she told me whatever. I demand to speak to a manager but nobody was in the picture. I would suggest who ever is in charge of this place to teach there employees some customer service they can not be telling a child this horrible things. I'm very hurt and disappointed with Turtle Back Zoo! NEVER coming bak!!

1  Thank CarolN1226

Reviewed September 1, 2013

A beautiful compact zoo with lots of hands on things to do in a nice setting. Very kid friendly. Large parking area.

Reviewed August 31, 2013

We had a fantastic day at the South Mountain Recreational Complex in West Orange, NJ. The Turtle Back Zoo is a part of this complex and there is so much to do here. The setting is gorgeous as it is nestled in the reservation. Me, my wife and daughter spent the day doing paddle boating, zip lining and it was great. The staff was very courteous. The zip line and tree top adventure course has been a great addition and there were quite a few kids.
I would highly recommend this place for families with kids of all ages

3  Thank Nisha B
Reviewed August 29, 2013

Zoo was about an hour drive for my family, and was worth the trip. The park is clean and conveniently close to parkway. Not a very large zoo but bigger than the popcorn zoo by me and closer than Bronx zoo. Plenty of animals to see and my daughter enjoyed the stingray exhibit because she got to touch them. The tree climbing/ zip line area looked a lot of fun but my daughters friend forgot her sneakers so we were unable to experience it, but we may make the trip back just for that... With our sneakers this time :)

Reviewed August 26, 2013

This place is very small as compared to Bronx zoo or Pittsburgh zoo but its good enough for families with small kids as most exibits are made in such a manner that small kids can see everything without being lifted up. They have face painting sessions as well to keep kids entertained and water fountains keep you cool in hot summer days. The price is $11 for adult and Child is 9$. But the price for the food court is too high. They have touch tanks for kids to touch sting rays and sharks. Along this there are pony rides $2 per person. They have a small petting zoo which was closed when we went there. They have a train ride free for all. Over all its value for money for a day's outing. This places closes at 5pm.They also have a place where you can feed birds who come and sit on your hand to eat.

Been to Turtle Back Zoo? Share your experiences!