“We love the turtle back zoo”
Review of Turtle Back Zoo

Turtle Back Zoo
Ranked #2 of 15 things to do in West Orange
Cedar Grove, New Jersey
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“We love the turtle back zoo”
Reviewed February 23, 2012

Last year we became zoo members and it was the best thing I ever did. My kids love going there, I was actually just there yesterday. The bird sanctuary is my favorite part, and I love the new cat country. They have pony rides, a petting zoo, a merry go round, a free train ride (which my kids love).

We also went there for Howl-O-ween, it was great the kids got to safely trick or treat around the zoo. We came home with a ton of free candy.

In december they open the zoo at night, and its completely lit up with holiday decorations, and the kids caan take pictures with santa. Oh and did I mention this event was FREE!

you must wear good walking shoes when you go, its a lot of walking, and a lot of hills. If you go on a weekday, try to get there around lunch time. They have a lot of school trips there in the morning, that usually clear out around noon.

also if you live in the area consider becoming a zoo member, you get free entry to the zoo with your membership and 10% discount to the gift shop

Visited February 2012
1 Thank ksabia713

• Greek first
Manahawkin, New Jersey, United States
“Better than I remembered!”
Reviewed February 23, 2012

Such a wonderful place for the family. I can remember going as a child with my family and the girl scouts, and loved it, now I have the chance to take MY family and my girls loved it as much as I did. It's so nice to take them to a place with such great memories, not like all the other attractions in NJ that have been left to crumble. The zoo is super clean , friendly staff, such a local gem, that we will be going every year! Thanks Tuttle Back Zoo for doing a great job!!!

Visited May 2011
Baltimore, Maryland
“Loved watching the penguins eat!”
Reviewed February 23, 2012

Had a lot of fun going with my mom and my two boys (5y and 22m). The zoo is the perfect size to walk around without anyone complaining about tired feet. I love their new cat exhibit and enjoyed watching the animals being so active due to the chilly weather. By far the best part was watching the penguins and some of the other birds get fed. The woman doing this was very kind about answering my 5 year old's questions and even waved to him several times as we ran into her around the zoo!

Visited February 2012
13 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 13 helpful votes
“Kids of All Ages Love This Zoo!”
Reviewed February 20, 2012

My children and now grandchildren all love this zoo. It has wonderful displays, a great train ride through the woods along the reservoir, and a beautiful carousel. There is a place to buy lunch and eat outdoors, weather permitting and we can't wait to go next spring to see the new added attractions. Also has a new, beautiful restaurant next door on the water - McLoones.

Visited August 2011
Randolph, nJ
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“great for kids”
Reviewed February 16, 2012

A wonderful place to bring small children to. It is easy to see it all in an afternoon.

Been to Turtle Back Zoo? Share your experiences!