“Great food for brunch dinner and parties”
Review of Sweet Basil's Cafe - CLOSED

Sweet Basil's Cafe
Cuisines: American, Cafe
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Breakfast, Outdoor Seating
Reviewed January 5, 2012

I've never had a bad meal or bad experience with Sweet Basils, they have a great menu, wonderful staff and great atmosphere!
They were so accommodating for a birthday dinner I had in November 2011, throughout the whole planning and executing process and everyone in my part loved their food and enjoyed themselves.

Reviewed November 11, 2011

15 years ago , one of the owners had Celebrated Foods in Maplewood , now extinct . The imaginative food still survives at Sweet Basils . I have been eating here for about 10 years and have never been disappointed with the food or service . I wish West Orange had more creative places like this ! I love the skirt steak and chicken salad especially . In the summer their iced tea is my favorite .

Reviewed July 10, 2011

We discovered this place by chance, but so glad we did! Came to the area to do some shopping and in need of a late lunch. They have an extensive breakfast and lunch menu with many healthy options too. I had the chipotle grilled shrimp salad which was delicious. My friend had the pecan cranberry chicken salad which she also enjoyed. The server was pleasant with a sense of humor as he answered our many questions. All were attentive in filling our water glasses on that hot day. Will definitely be back.

Reviewed June 14, 2011

I found this menu online and my mouth started watering. We ordered our meals and they came in a timely fashion. All of a sudden a horrible smell started while we ate. It smelled like decay and sewage. We were unable to finish and asked them about smell. They stated they were closed for months and thought they had fixed it. It had come back and apologized. Then they gave us the bill with no type of adjustment or a complimentary meal, drink or anything for the next visit. Will never go back...

2  Thank DonotcomeAgain
Reviewed March 10, 2011

This is my new favorite place to go for Brunch. The food is amazing. I have never tasted Banana pancakes like the ones I had here and I order them everywhere (they are my favorite). I ordered the Banana Pecan pancakes, but also tried my family's meals which were all superb. The blueberry french toast and California scramble were delicious!
I have also had dinner here, but just went for something quick. The veggie burger was very good. I would love to go back when I could indulge in one of their more complicated dinner dishes.
Service was nice and friendly, atmosphere is okay but you can't beat the food!