“Lobster Buffet. Period.”

The Manor Restaurant
Reserve with OpenTable
The Manor Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #3 of 101 Restaurants in West Orange
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Cross street: Corner of Woodland Ave. and Prospect Ave.
Transit: Bloomfield Avenue/Verona bus stop.
Reviewed January 5, 2014

Seriously, The Manor has figured it out - give people freedom to eat as much best food on the planet as they can and you will be their #1 place to come back. The atmosphere is a bit out-dated but suits the location and it almost seems charming after the dinner. The Lobster Buffet will keep you talking about this place for a long time. The a la cart menu is also great but you must be loving the place or the people you are with, because the place is old and the public is matching.

Reviewed January 3, 2014

We went to The Manor on New Years Eve with another couple. We decided to go with the A la Carte dining. It was a 5 course menu with a great selection. The four of us enjoyed the entire evening. They really did a great job. Robin, the hostess was so personable and spent time chatting with us. RIght before midnight, they came around with champagne, hats,& noisemakers.
It looks like we may spend next New Years at The Manor.

2  Thank Barbegarby
Reviewed December 27, 2013

We went to the Manor last week for the Lobster Buffet. This is a follow-up to a visit Christmas and if possible, it was even better this year than last! If you want seafood, this is the place as everything on the buffet was both outstanding in presentation and taste. We started as usual, with the Cream of Mushroom Soup, which is divine. This is the second year in a row we intended to go back for a second helping but got lost in the beautiful displays of seafood. The lobster/crab/shrimp/scallop appy combos were wonderful! As was the baked seafood dish in the scallop shell. Did I forget the shelled shrimp, sorry! This was all a prelude to the all you can eat Lobster Tails. I more than had my share of this delightful treat. So much so that I had a small piece of Prime Rib and very little from the 10 or so hot dishes that were offered. Actually, I was saving room for the Dessert Alcove, yes, a room devoted to dessert!
From the Flan to the Crème Brulee to the cheesecake to the 15-20 other desserts, I could have spent the entire meal here.

It's not often that a restaurant, much less a buffet, exceeds an earlier visit but, this year, The Manor did just that. I can't wait to go back again next year.

Reviewed December 22, 2013

We went last night for a family christmas dinner.There was 12 of us and they put us at a table made for 8 or 9 people so we were hitting elbows. We had the seafood buffet, which was very good. There is every thing from roast beef to lobster to deserts.They have renovated the inside lobby, which is nice.
Over all, we had a nice time, food was very good, we had a great holiday dinner with family.
Will be back next year.

1  Thank Paul B
Reviewed December 1, 2013

My party of four opted for the Thanksgiving Dinner buffet at The Manor. Now, normally, I do not expect much of buffets, but because I did not want traditional Thanksgiving food and because of the high marks, I decided to book this place for us.

The good:

-The dessert table had amazing options and the crème brulee was a star.
-The lobster bisque, while a little on the cool side, was quite tasty.
-One of our waiters was very friendly.
-The buffet did not run out of food.
-They apparently have the timing down to a T because while there were lots of people there, there was never a long wait to get food.

The bad:

-One of our waiters was the biggest douches I have met, and that's saying a lot.
-We were crammed in a corner so that any time I need to get up, someone else had to get up so that I could get out of the corner.
-I don't even remember much of what was on the buffet as nothing really stood out...

The ugly:

-...except for the bad things, like the salmon, the dressing, the meatballs
-The price is ridiculous for what you get.
-The overpriced drinks were so watered down they should have just been water.
-Did I mention that I was stuck in a corner?

You can look at my other reviews and will see that I am not just a complainer looking to give someone a low score. I try to be as honest as possible in recanting my experiences. This place, for the cost, is definitely not worth it. Perhaps if I had gone on a regular day when I could have enjoyed unlimited lobster then my rating would be higher but this place was a huge disappointment.