“Very nice palce to eat”

The Manor Restaurant
Reserve with OpenTable
The Manor Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #2 of 99 Restaurants in West Orange
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Cross street: Corner of Woodland Ave. and Prospect Ave.
Transit: Bloomfield Avenue/Verona bus stop.
East Hanover, New Jersey, United States
“Very nice palce to eat”
Reviewed July 22, 2013

The waiters are very good and responsive, super responsive actually. The food is prepared well, very traditional. I was impressed by the "all you can eat lobster", I guess this is their big dish, as they said before on the youtube video "this is what everyone comes for, the rest of the stuff you can get anywhere." Carving stations are nice. Dessert is very nice, but many of the items are very similar. I didn't really find anything to DIE for, but it was really good. People like this place for the atmosphere, please don't wear jeans here. (although when I was there there was a guy wearing jeans, not so sure if they would let you do the same.) A good place to go with friends or a small groups of 4 or maybe 5 at most. They had many choices of foods, overall it was very nice.

• Greek first
NJ
“Food was good but the decor is still the 70s!”
Reviewed July 18, 2013

Since the early seventies, we patronized this restaurant, wonderful and elegant? My friend's wedding and anniversaries were held there. We go there maybe four times a year and was there in June and a week ago. The decor needs to be redone! The chairs are soooooo old! This does not give justice to the good food! I prefer the Highland Pavillion, their sister restaurant!

1 Thank peony09
Hoboken, New Jersey
“Rich and decadent”
Reviewed July 18, 2013 via mobile

The food was phenomenal! We went there for our one year anniversary as we weren't really able to enjoy the food at our wedding. We enjoyed everything! It was rich and delicious. Everything was cooked to perfection, service was impeccable and the piano player was ask derf added bonus! It was a lovely evening.

• Visited July 2013
“The lobster buffet ran out of lobster.”
Reviewed July 18, 2013

You know, when I make reservations for a 'lobster buffet' at a fine dining restaurant, is it crazy to expect unlimited lobsters as the website promised? I have been to the evening buffet previously, and read enough reviews to know that yes, it is truly unlimited lobster. And for around 50 per person, I expect to have at least one or two tails. It just so happens that on the night my family and fiancé chose to spend my fathers anniversary there, they ran out of lobster at 8:00 pm. RAN OUT OF LOBSTER. At the famous lobster Buffett. We waited patiently for the next serving of lobster to come out after our soup/salad. But it never happened. At nine o clock, after an hour of waiting the maitre d finally came to our table to apologize and offered us a paltry $8 off the price per person. He seemed to not care how upset we were that we had planned this event for months, and that the night was pretty much ruined. Not even because of the lack of lobster, but clearly because the staff avoided telling the customers, the maitre d clearly didn't want to deal with it, and the even began breaking down the buffet while we were still waiting/before the manager said anything to us! Abysmal service, mediocre food, and the star of the dinner never even made it to the table. Will never go back and I will certainly cross it off my wedding venue list.

5 Thank Kldugg03
Orlando, Florida
“Not what it once was!”
Reviewed July 14, 2013

The food was awful. Staff was not attentive. Went there for a wedding and felt bad that so much money was spent and so much food was wasted. Stay away from this place!

1 Thank EFDV