“enormous buffet with excellent service”

The Manor Restaurant
Reserve with OpenTable
The Manor Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #2 of 102 Restaurants in West Orange
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Cross street: Corner of Woodland Ave. and Prospect Ave.
Transit: Bloomfield Avenue/Verona bus stop.
Reviewed March 4, 2013

We had a 2 p.m. reservation for the Buffet at The Manor and it was the perfect time. The Manor has both valet parking and self-parking. We were promptly seated and greeted by a most welcoming staff who introduced themselves and gave us a suggestion to go to the breakfast part of the buffet first as "it closes at 3" while the rest of the buffet is open through dinner. The cost is very appropriate for such an elaborate buffet of food, but does not include any liquor. All guests were dressed appropriately with most men wearing jackets and ties.
The food was beautifully presented, all platters on the buffet were kept fresh-looking and full and there was plenty of staff to help either serve or answer questions. The Mushroom Soup was outstanding - the best anyone at our table had ever had - and the Lobster Bisque was the same.
We stayed for several hours and were never made to feel rushed and it was a wonderfully relaxing afternoon. I highly commend The Manor for a job well done!

Reviewed February 12, 2013

have been a manor fan for over 20 years never disappointed this year i choose to have our family dinner there i usually host and am gettind old took a chance everything was above par iwas concerned about crowedness it was very full but service and food was perfect we had a early seating about 100p arrived 45 min early had a drink at the bar waiting for other family members to arrive and joined us at bar total of ten people food was great full thanksgiving fare and all their regular delious offerings hope to make this a tradition i am wife mother grandmother and i had the privlege of sittind enjoying relaxing and no cleanup i give it a 10

1  Thank FIRSTTIMERRETIREDNOW
Reviewed January 28, 2013

In the past, we usually frequented the buffet at The Manor, which is always excellent. However, during the summer, we decided to have dinner with friends in the main dining room--where I had not dined in about six years.

From beginning to end, we received the absolute highest level of service, with just the right balance of formality and friendliness. I can't remember what everyone ordered; however, each of us ordered a different appetizer and a different entree. I am a little boring: I had a mixed green salad and the filet mignon,, but my husband and my friends were all a little more adventurous than I. Everything was served beautifully, every dish was prepared excellently, and everything was delicious. We were seated at a table with a view of the beautifully landscaped grounds, so we doubly enjoyed our experience there. The desserts were absolutely delicious. The wine selection was extensive and varied, with several wines in an affordable price range.
This is not an inexpensive restaurant, but the setting, the service, and the food quality and presentation are the value-added factors for this lovely , long-established restaurant.

Reviewed January 25, 2013 via mobile

I took my bf here for his birthday and it was well worth the 50pp! There's self parking or valet. I def would go back especially when I'm craving lobster. the atmosphere is a little outdated but the restaurant has been around over 50+ years. The crowd is usually a much older crowd >50 or families but does that make a difference for you to enjoy your dinner? Aren't you coming for the food? So who cares about the age of people dining next to you?! I had about 3 plates Of lobsters it was all cooked perfectly. the prime rib was also tender & juicy. They had an array of seafood selections from shrimp, oysters, salmon, sushi, lobster tail appetizers. I don't eat raw oysters but it must've been good because it kept having to be refilled. the dessert section was also abundant. the service was amazing you never had to ask for refills and your finished plates were taken away immediately. The servers were more than willing to assist you with anything. Give it a try and make sure you come hungry!! The lobster buffets are dinner time wed-sat !

Reviewed January 23, 2013

We went to the lobster buffet at The Manor for the first time last weekend. Wow! I was really very impressed. Everything was fresh, and the lobster was cooked to perfection. The oysters were plentiful, as was the fresh smoked salmon, shrimp, and countless other offerings. If you do not like seafood, there was plenty of meats and a pasta selection as well. We will definitely go back again!