“Classy, delicious and worth the price being charged.”

The Manor Restaurant
Reserve with OpenTable
The Manor Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #2 of 98 Restaurants in West Orange
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Cross street: Corner of Woodland Ave. and Prospect Ave.
Transit: Bloomfield Avenue/Verona bus stop.
Montclair, New Jersey
“Classy, delicious and worth the price being charged.”
Reviewed October 12, 2012

We went for the Wednesday Luncheon Buffet. This was a lovely experience and the food is very nice. The room and the grounds are beautiful and everything is very classy. I can't say enough about the service and the employees. Somehow, they knew that this was a special occassion, and they treated us very well. A lot of high-priced places look down their nose at you, but the people here acted as though we were the most important customers that they would serve that day....and it felt really good. Dress up, come hungry, and be impressed.

Visited October 2012

• Greek first
Mountainside, New Jersey
“Poor Management in the Dinning Room”
Reviewed October 7, 2012

When reserving a table at The Manor, you get notified of the dress code for gentlemen. They pride themselves on their stately environment and the elegance of their dinning room. Certainly the cost of the buffet is indicative of the entire dinning experience.

While the food is plentiful and reasonably well prepared, the way the dinning room is managed is a disaster. We were celebrating an occasion with another couple and a shrieking child was allowed to continuously scream for over 45 minutes until we cut short of dinner and left. Prior calls for help only brought sympathy for the wait staff and the management of the room.

This dinner wasn't worth the price and we will not return.

• Visited August 2012
1 Thank Bernard G
Fairfield, New Jersey
“Best of the Best”
Reviewed October 3, 2012

What more can you say about a restaurant experience that is second to none?? Flawless a la carte dining in an exquisite setting with service that rivals the best NYC restaurants. Consistantly great top quality for decades- always striving to create and mimic new trends. My family and I have been coming here for years and have held 4 weddings here including my own, which was fantastic. Treated like royalty. I will continue to go and send others with pleasure.

Visited September 2012
“JUST OK”
Reviewed September 28, 2012

I knew it was going to be expensive but the food was just average. If I'm going to pay that kind of money then I was different types of foods and not just the kind I can get anywhere! Yes, there is lobster and it is all you can eat but they were quite cold. Soups were good and the food was all good but just ok.

Visited December 2011
Fairfield, New Jersey
“Excellent”
Reviewed September 17, 2012

My husband and I got married at the manor and we go back for every anniversary. The service and food is excellent

Visited September 2012