Thomas Edison’s world is perfectly maintained in this two part exhibit. I will give a review for both sections:
1. The rooms look like they were frozen in time. The machines and books and lab equipment are incredible to see in their original environment. I was particularly fascinated by the machines that ran on the pulley system.
2. The grounds seem well maintained
3. All staff members were extremely friendly and knowledgable.
4. The signage was laid out quite well and providing full explanations
5. The price is very reasonable, $7.
Pros Only also:
1. Absolutely perfect example of a house from the time period. ALL the furniture and and decorations are original. I’
ve been to many “old homes” and this is the only one I can remember that is all original.
2. The tour guide was fantastic. It was evident she was passionate about the house.
3. Ask about the heating system. This is the only upgrade (all behind the scenes) and is very intriguing geothermal system.
4. Price is included with the Lab
1. If you or anyone in your party is handicapped in a wheelchair, don’t bother with the house. It is from the 1800’s and is all original, so there no provisions for handicapped folks. I cannot call this a negative due to the fact that the draw to this house is that it is untouched.
I absolutely recommend this attraction. It is like walking back in time to Edison’s Era and seeing how he lived.