“The Warwick is very nice”

The Warwick Hotel Rittenhouse Square
Ranked #30 of 86 Hotels in Philadelphia
GreenLeadersGold level
New York
“The Warwick is very nice”
Reviewed August 5, 2007

My family and I stayed here for one night because we had a family wedding at the hotel. When we made our reservations we wanted a double room with 2 double beds and a rollaway. They informed us that there were no more doubles left and only had king rooms and that we could get 2 rollaways. So we booked it. Upon check in the king room that they gave us was way too small to fit even one rollaway. My husband called down to the front desk and told them of our situation. They then moved us to another king room which was much larger and fit the 2 rollaways just fine even with room to spare. The service in the hotel is very good and the hotel is very clean. The only thing I didn't like was the sink in the bathroom, as it is way too tall. A short person would definitely have a problem using it. I would stay at this property again.

• Stayed August 2007, traveled on business
    • Check in / front desk

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (171)
  • Finnish first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Glasgow, United Kingdom
Reviewed July 27, 2007

I spent a week at the Radisson Plaza earlier this month (Jul 07), and was very impressed.

Check-in was handled with the minimum of fuss, and I was in my room within 10 minutes of arriving at the hotel.

The room itself was oversized, comfortable and tastefully decorated. Although I was on a low floor, the room was still very quiet.

The bed was very comfortable and featured an adjustable hard/softness feature that is apparently unique to Radisson hotels.

There was good luggage / clothing storage space, and a large desk for working, as well as a comfortable chair and footrest to relax on. The wide, flatscreen TV was very large and had loads of channels including HBO and in-house movies. The room had a coffee maker too, and housekeeping staff ensured it was well supplied with coffee, cups and so on.

I ordered room service twice, and in both cases the food arrived quickly and as ordered, and it wasn't especially expensive as room service goes.

I didn't have much need to speak with the concierge, but they were happy to supply maps and so on if needed. They also looked up cinema listings for me, and arranged transport to the airport when it was time for me to move on.

Other useful points about this hotel were the free internet connected computer in the lobby (with free in-room wire/wireless internet if you had your own laptop); the hotel coffee shop; and the general good location - right along from shops in Rittenhouse Square, and within walking distance of the Historic District and beyond.

In summary: a very enjoyable stay, and a clear 5/5 for the Radisson Warwick Philadelphia.

• Stayed July 2007, traveled solo
3 Thank so3003
Kitchener
Reviewed July 23, 2007

I'm writing this from the hotel. We are here for 5 of our 6 nights in Philadelphia (the other was in the suburbs). Cannot say enough good things about the Radisson Warwick. The hotel staff are pleasant and accommodating, the rooms are large, clean, nicely laid out, excellent beds and nicely renovated baths.
We arrived having booked a Plaza Level room which turned out not to be as spacious as expected for a multiple night stay -- we were issued an Executive King room instead for a much better price -- great room, fridge, flat screen TV, walk-in closet, etc.
Location of the hotelon Locust & 17th means you are close to so much -- especially dining; yet not bothered by street noise.
Would certainly stay here again -- especially at the price!

• Liked — spacious rooms, amenities, location
  • Disliked — father from Historic Area than would have been preferred
  • Stayed July 2007, traveled as a couple
portland, or
Reviewed July 22, 2007

check-in time is 3pm and they mean it. they're nice enough to hold your luggage though. the staff was nice enough, the rooms were clean. my only complaint was that housekeeping was up and down the halls knocking on doors "housekeeping!" at 7am.

• Liked — location
  • Disliked — noisy
  • Stayed June 2007, traveled with family
Milan, Italy
Reviewed July 19, 2007

The hotel is in the centre of the city. Our room was fantastic, but the staff at the desk was very not professional and disobliging...

• Liked — the central location
  • Disliked — the front desk staff
  • Stayed July 2007, traveled as a couple
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed June 22, 2007

I stayed at this hotel for 3 days during a work conference. I would not usually choose to stay at a Radisson on my own but since the conference was being held there I didn't have a choice.

I typically stay at the Westin or Sofitel so I was worried that the Radisson would not feel as nice. I was surprised.

While nothing was that amazing about the property the rooms were clean, VERY big, newly renovated and offered HDTV and free high-speed internet.

What really made my stay was the service. I didn't walk past ONE employee that didn't smile and say hello. I was impressed.

I have stayed at other Radisson's and was not impressed. This was a nice surprise.

p.s. The new restaurant downstairs, Tavern 17, was pretty good. Happy hour is the ticket.

• Liked — Size of the room, HDTV, internet
  • Disliked — still felt like a Radisson
  • Stayed June 2007, traveled on business
4 Thank jdjhughes
Amsterdam
Reviewed June 18, 2007

We stayed here for two days and had mixed feelings.

The location is very good. Right in the center of Philadelphia and the Hotel itself is very nice. Great Rooms, very clean.

Durin our stay everything what can go wrong went wrong.
But every time the staff solved our complaint imediatly.

For example:

Broken bahtub - fixed same day.
broken phone in room - fixed next day
no pay per view - fixed next day.
Room service breakfast. - an hour late and everything cold and missing a lot of stuff.
Couldnt find a car after thet parked it ,waited for half an hour.
And to top it of they said the rate of the room was 80 dollars more then agreed. ( we could prove we were right so we got original price)

So a lot of things went wrong but they solved it in the professional way you expect. and comped a lot of things. If tthe mix ups were an incident i would surely recommend this hotel.

• Liked — very nice rooms
  • Disliked — the mess ups
  • Stayed June 2007, traveled as a couple