“Extreme disappointment”

Warwick Hotel Rittenhouse Square
Ranked #27 of 88 Hotels in Philadelphia
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed April 2, 2007

My recent stay at your hotel was an extreme DISAPPOINTMENT. I expected a lot more for $157.00. The complimentary breakfast was non-existent by 10am and so we had to go elsewhere, even though it was supposed to be available up until 11am. Moreover, when I booked this reservation in January, I was told that the renovations in the hotel would be done by the time of my stay, however that was definitely not the case. The hotel's parking rates were extremely high for both valet and the parking lot across the street. ($30/day and $19/day respectively) The hotel should have at least offered to validate my parking in exchange for the missing breakfast. Needless to say, I will NEVER stay at another Radisson AGAIN and will advise others to do the same.

• Stayed: March 2007, traveled as a couple
1  Thank FREQUENT-FLYAH
Write a ReviewReviews (2,210)

Reviewed March 11, 2007

The Radisson Warwick is a nice enough place with nice employees, but the room was not that great. The first thing my fiance and I do in the morning is make a bee line for the coffee maker....but at $150 a night, this room didn't even have one! I think they do that so the guests have to go to the coffee shop downstairs, but it definitely sucked. We were excited about the King size bed but the whole sleep number thing kind of ruined it. Two days later we are both sore and agreed that it was a very uncomfortable bed. That is just our opinion though, maybe we just weren't making the most of it.
The location is great- Philly is a great town with so, so much to see and do. I recommend visiting the city, but staying somewhere a little less uncomfortable. For things to do in the vicinity we recommend the Continental, Vintage, El Vez (get the Pink Cadillac margarita!) and the square. Philly rocks!

Stayed: March 2007
1  Thank katebuddie
Reviewed March 7, 2007

Do not stay here! At least not until the construction is over. I spent 3 nights here because of its convenient location. Two mornings we were awakened by hammering, jackhammering, electric saws and general construction because the floor below us was being renovated. After the first night we asked to move and were moved. We had a great room and a decently quiet evening the second night (our water was off for about 3 hours the second day though... no warning,no apology, just a tough luck if you don't stay here someone else will attitude). The third night construction started at 6:30 a.m.... I am not exaggerating. The front door is blocked from construction, the bellman don't help you navigate to the side door and the overall attitude of the place is ...if you don't like it, too bad.
The place is a joke. Before staying here email me, I am not kidding.
$200 a night to live on a construction site.

• Stayed: March 2007, traveled on business
1  Thank fcshivone
Reviewed March 2, 2007

We stayed at the Warwick over the weekend while staying in Philadelphia at the end of February. The staff was wonderfully friendly and helpful, and the hotel is centrally located ~ it is right next to Rittenhouse Square, known for its shopping and beautiful architecture.

They are undergoing a remodel right now so it would be best to hold off until it's completion. They are remodeling the lobby currently, and it is one of the draws of the hotel. I have visited the lobby on pervious trips to Philly and loved it; I can only imagine how much better it will be once they have completed the remodel.

We stayed in a remodeled room; they now feature the Sleep Number bed in all of their rooms. I'm not sure how much I liked the Sleep Number bed, but the room itself was very nice. The staff was wonderful and helpful in every way. We really enjoyed our stay at the Warwick.

I would highly recommend this hotel to others.

• Stayed: February 2007, traveled on business
Reviewed January 6, 2007

Couldn't fault the Radisson, stayed between Xmas & New Year.
Got upgraded to newly renovated room, flat screen tv etc.
Only down side could hear builders above after 8am, but not there to stay in bed all day. Breakfast quite good, ate dinner
once , very reasonable. Plenty of restaurants within walking distance.

• Stayed: December 2006, traveled as a couple
1  Thank MazSolihull
Reviewed December 28, 2006

The hotel is currenty under construction until spring/summer. We got a non-remodeled room to start, which was quite nice (save for the bathroom, which seemed old). But when I complained about construction noise waking us up, we were placed in one of the completed remodeled rooms, which was awesome: free internet in the room, a big flatscreen tv, a comfy bed with fluffy pilows and comforter, and a beautiful bathroom. By the summer, all the rooms will be remodeled, so I would wait until then (to get a better room and to avoid the construction noise) to stay here. Also, the staff was incredibly friendly and professional--we chatted on multiple occassions with the valets and bellhops and the front desk workers were great at handling my noise complaints. All in all, a great hotel (that will be wonderful once construction is complete) with awesome employees.

• Stayed: December 2006, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Aurora8283
Reviewed December 23, 2006

We got a good rate using Priceline.com for this hotel. Our standard room was large, but sparsely furnished considering the size. Decor was a little tired but the room was clean and non-smoking (and did not smell as if it had once been a smoking room). There was no exhaust fan in the bathroom.

The hotel is close to Rittenhouse Square and a shopping (BGBC, Kenneth Cole, Cole Haan, Banana Republic ) and restaurant street. Location was convenient to tourist sites such as Liberty Bell (a 10 to 15 min walk). We did not use valet parking but saved ourselves a couple of dollars by using the parking station across the street (a 30 sec walk).

The entrance to the hotel is not on Locust St but on 17th Street.

• Stayed: November 2006, traveled on business