“Awful experience”

The Warwick Hotel Rittenhouse Square
Ranked #32 of 87 Hotels in Philadelphia
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed August 15, 2006

Reserving a room with two beds was a thoroughly frustrating experience. Not only by phone and in person, they promised to meet my request. We were taken up to a room with a kingsized bed. It took meeting with the manager to get what we wanted.

The hotel is shabby and expensive. Communication services were faulty. It is a birarre place.

Stayed: August 2006
1  Thank pho
There are newer reviews for The Warwick Hotel Rittenhouse Square

Reviewed August 3, 2006

We stayed here for a wedding in late July. They are undergoing extensive renovations but don't seem to be trying to compensate for that. We were put in a "non-smoking" room that reeked of smoke and the floor of the bathtub was black. I went down to complain and was told that the entire floor was a non-smoking floor so there was no way it could smell of smoke (believe me, it did).

I finally got another room after much arguing, and it was a nice room. However it was a busy weekend and they ended up assigning our old room to another guest at the wedding, which I think is poor practice.

Finally, although I put down my credit card to hold the room, the friend with whom I was staying paid for the room when we checked out. When I got back to the UK (where I live) there was a charge on my card. I ended up having to call four time, received a terrible runaround, and never did sort out the problem. My friend in the U.S. finally had to get it resolved, but the people at the hotel were unhelpful at best and hostile at their worst moments.

In short, I would stay somewhere else.

• Stayed: July 2006, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
3  Thank jessicashortall
Reviewed July 26, 2006

We stayed here on our wedding night in December. It was so elegant and so beautifully decorated for Christmas! The staff treated us like royalty (alothough that might have had something to do with my wedding tiara) and it was fun to take pics. in my wedding gown in their gorgeous lobby. Located on beautiful Rittenhouse Square park, some of the most expensive real estate in the country. Lots of excellent restaurants and shops in walking distance.

• Stayed: June 2006, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
4  Thank hipworldtraveler
Reviewed July 23, 2006

I have just got back from a two night stay here and it was a lovelly stay. The rooms were spacious and clean and the bathroom was also nice. The hotel is in excellent location within walking distance to many of the main stations, shopping areas and other points of interests. We found that we could walk most places from the hotel, we only took the subway once when we went to the sports complex for a concert. All of the staff were very nice and helpful. I would recommend this hotel as you can get some very good room rates through the internet.

• Stayed: July 2006, traveled with friends
3  Thank startrax25
Reviewed June 5, 2006

Recently stayed at the Radisson Warwick....in a few words ITS A DIVE!
For over $200 my room had a very old, noisy and damp air conditioner, stained carpets, mold in the bathroom. The fitness room was a joke....in a converted guest room with old dirty equipment..the room actually stank.
The hotel is apparently undergoing much needed renovations. My recommendation is to stay away until the entire place is redone.

Dont get disappointed. Stay somewhere else. If another review say its great, I say thats a shill.

• Stayed: June 2006, traveled on business
2  Thank GermainLisbonne
A TripAdvisor Member
Mass
Reviewed May 21, 2006

From the moment we checked in, the staff was extremly professional and the customer service was wonderful. They let us check in early and gave us our room. The room was a decent size and was stocked with bottled water. Very neat and clean, and the location is perfect for night life, shopping and the theater. We were able to walk to everywhere we wanted to go. the bathroom was tiny, but you could tell it is an because of the age of the hotel. Very happy and would love to go back.

• Stayed: May 2006
3  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
A TripAdvisor Member
San Francisco, CA
Reviewed April 26, 2006

Attended a conference at this hotel. Parking valet was useless with bags and with retrieving the car. Requested an upper floor room which I was given, however the room was very disappointing. There are no fans in the bathrooms, which quickly explained the musty spell that fills the hallways and the rooms. The bathroom ceiling is peeling off and mold is in abundance. Tried to get breakfast scheduled and was told no one could take my order, after an hour I gave up trying when I was told no manager was available to talk with. The bar left a lot to be desired -advertised 40 wines by the glass only to have the bartender tell us they don't have many of them in stock and to order from the regular wine list. Had a maintenance worker knock on our door at 11 at night to check our ceiling for a leak. We did get a complimentary breakfast coupon for the day we were checking out...go figure we were checking out before they started to serve breakfast. Overall, the hotel is in need of a renovation. Note that the location is great for freeway access and upscale shopping.

• Stayed: April 2006, traveled on business