Warwick Hotel Rittenhouse Square
  • Breakfast included
$229
Travelocity
2,321 results
All reviewsrittenhouse squareprime ribradisson blugreat locationbeautiful lobbybeautiful hotelwalnut streetvalet parkinglarge roombed was very comfortablecoffee makerstreet noisecenter citydowntown phillyfew blocksfitness centerliberty bell
Reviewed November 30, 2005

This hotel is located in a lovely part of Philadelphia but there have to be better hotels than this one. On the plus side: the bell staff is great, the restaurant is well-staffed and very nice, and Justin at the front desk was helpful. That's it.

We asked for adjoining, non-smoking, rooms, one with a king-sized bed, one with double beds. I called twice to confirm this. When we arrived, we were given adjoining rooms with double beds. Also, one of the rooms was labeled as "non-smoking" but reeked of cigarette smoke. As a result, we had to move to other rooms.

There were patches on the ceiling from water damage, instead of re-painting the whole ceiling to cover the patches. None of the staff, save for Justin at the front desk or the guys at the front door, ever smiled or said hello. The hotel is old and felt old. You can do better.

• Stayed: November 2005
7  Thank bmfc1
Reviewed November 26, 2005

Stayed 4 nights at the Warwick whilst visiting a congress. The lobby and bar area are very nice, the staff friendly and the price reasonable for a city centre 4 star hotel. The executive floor room I had was spacious if a bit dated, no sleep system bed here. The biggest dissapointment was the tiny bathroom, really cramped and I'd have given 12 square feet of room space to avoid the gymnastics required to get out the bath without standing on the toilet.

• Stayed: November 2005, traveled on business
5  Thank weejim
Reviewed October 26, 2005

We spent 7 nights in this Radisson Hotel and had a very good holiday there. We arrived in a deluge and the weather was drizzly for most of our week which surprised us as we expected better. We don't get so much rain at home!!
George at Reception was charming and when I asked for a spacious room because we were going to be there for a week he gave us a lovely big room which had been refurbished recently. Nice bathroom and two queen beds which were firm and that's how we like them as we both have bad backs.
The tips we left for our housekeeper elicited a lovely Thank you note which was the first time that had ever happened. I feel that housekeepers get forgotten sometimes and I like to remember them.
Dinner in The Prime Rib(under separate management) was memorable. Just fabulous but expensive. They do an early bird menu for $30 which was great value but it was very early so it might not suit everybody.
Little Pete's Diner across the street is fantastic value and good food so we breakfasted there every morning. Pietro's Italian a few 100 yards away is also a good place to eat especially for families.
If I were lucky enough to be back in Philly I'd stay in the Warwick especially if I got a good deal.

• Stayed: October 2005
8  Thank Iris
Reviewed October 24, 2005

This was an okay hotel, but I was expecting it to be "above average". The room we got was a larger one, which was wonderful, since we had 2 adults and 2 children in one room. I glanced in at some other rooms as I walked down the hall, and know this room to be especially spacious. Most of the staff was courteous, altho' one hotel operator was short with me when I called to get more towels to lay on the wet floor from when the toilet had overflowed unexplainedly the day before! It wasn't stopped up, and the overflow was completely unexpected...I wonder if this older hotel (it's on the National Historic Register) has pipes that need replacing? Also, the maid service was disappointing on some small points, like once our coffee mugs were rinsed/washed out and left to dry in the bathroom, and the bedspread was not replaced on one bed once, but left in a heap on the floor under the window. Also, lots of dirt under the beds. So it was "okay" we did not switch rooms, but this was not a luxury hotel. I will try another hotel on any future Philly trips.

1  Thank TisaLisa
Reviewed October 11, 2005

Beds harder than the floor. noisy cheap not very effective window air conditioner.
good location. bell staff helpful. lot of nearby restaurants.
Radissons in Scandinavia much better than American Radissons.

• Stayed: October 2005, traveled on business