My wife and I stayed at the Radisson for two nights in early August as part of our holiday to America’s east coast.
This is a really nice, comfortable, clean and friendly hotel in a great location. Only one block from Rittenhouse Square and a five minute walk to the underground railway station and downtown Philly.
Staff were really friendly, polite and helpful.
A modern cocktail bar next to the lobby is a great way to unwind after a busy day sightseeing, shopping or working. Free internet access in the business centre was also quite convenient.
The rooms are quite large with an extremely comfortable king size bed with adjustable setting’s and flat screen TV.
The only thing I can criticise is the bathroom. It was dated and in need of a re furb.
As we were only in Philly a short period of time we booked a personal tour with a company called Awfully Nice Tours. www.awfullynicetours.com They provide personal driving tours of Philadelphia and South Jersey. The great thing about this tour is that it will be specific to suit exactly what you want to see. This was a fantastic and highly recommended way to see some of the things you won’t see on the standard tours. In addition to some of the historical sites we went out to north and south Philly to see some of the filming locations from the Rocky movies and had a great insight into some of the surrounding Philly neighbourhoods.
I would also recommend a trip to see the World champion baseball team, The Phillies. A great night of entertainment.
A recommendation for dinner would be the Italian restaurant Victor Café. The restaurant is featured in the film Rocky Balboa. It is located about a 10 minute cab ride from the Radisson. The food was great and with an opera theme where the waiters burst into opera when the bell rings, it makes for an entertaining evening.
Also, go to Pat's Steaks. You cant go to Philly and not have a Philly Cheese Steak.
The hotel in general, if it’s a business trip or a city break, I would recommend this hotel and would stay at the Radisson again if we go back to Philly.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Sophisticated. Stylish. Uniquely Philadelphia. Listed on the National Registry of Historic Places, The Warwick Hotel Rittenhouse Square is where history meets innovation and culture. This hotel is high on design and style and located in Philadelphia's most prestigious address, Rittenhouse Square. This luxury center city Philadelphia hotel is in the epicenter of boutique shopping, entertainment and many of Philadelphia's award winning restaurants. The stunning illumination and architecture in the lobby, graceful fireplaces and comfy seating areas complement your stay. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Orbitz, Travelocity, Priceline, HotelsforEveryone, Hotwire, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Warwick Hotel Rittenhouse Square reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Warwick Hotel Philadelphia
- Radisson Plaza Philadelphia
- Radisson Philadelphia
- Warwick Philadelphia
- Philadelphia Radisson