“Great hotel to see fantastic Philly.”

Warwick Hotel Rittenhouse Square
Ranked #28 of 88 Hotels in Philadelphia
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed August 15, 2009

My wife and I stayed at the Radisson for two nights in early August as part of our holiday to America’s east coast.

This is a really nice, comfortable, clean and friendly hotel in a great location. Only one block from Rittenhouse Square and a five minute walk to the underground railway station and downtown Philly.

Staff were really friendly, polite and helpful.

A modern cocktail bar next to the lobby is a great way to unwind after a busy day sightseeing, shopping or working. Free internet access in the business centre was also quite convenient.

The rooms are quite large with an extremely comfortable king size bed with adjustable setting’s and flat screen TV.

The only thing I can criticise is the bathroom. It was dated and in need of a re furb.

As we were only in Philly a short period of time we booked a personal tour with a company called Awfully Nice Tours. www.awfullynicetours.com They provide personal driving tours of Philadelphia and South Jersey. The great thing about this tour is that it will be specific to suit exactly what you want to see. This was a fantastic and highly recommended way to see some of the things you won’t see on the standard tours. In addition to some of the historical sites we went out to north and south Philly to see some of the filming locations from the Rocky movies and had a great insight into some of the surrounding Philly neighbourhoods.

I would also recommend a trip to see the World champion baseball team, The Phillies. A great night of entertainment.

A recommendation for dinner would be the Italian restaurant Victor Café. The restaurant is featured in the film Rocky Balboa. It is located about a 10 minute cab ride from the Radisson. The food was great and with an opera theme where the waiters burst into opera when the bell rings, it makes for an entertaining evening.

Also, go to Pat's Steaks. You cant go to Philly and not have a Philly Cheese Steak.

The hotel in general, if it’s a business trip or a city break, I would recommend this hotel and would stay at the Radisson again if we go back to Philly.

• Stayed: August 2009, traveled as a couple
2  Thank CalverleyRhino
Write a ReviewReviews (2,207)

Reviewed August 11, 2009

My husband & I enjoyed an overnight (kid-free!!) getaway at the Radisson Warwick. Loved it!!! What a beautiful hotel! Gorgeous lobby, very pleasant and helpful front desk staff. Our room was immaculate when we arrived. The housekeeping staff greeted us with a smile.

We stayed on the 11th floor (Club Level) and it was fantastic! We enjoyed complimentary wine, beer and munchies in the Club Lounge in the evening before enjoying dinner at Fogo de Chao (other top shelf spirits are available on the Honor System for $6.00). In the morning, complimentary continental breakfast in the Club Lounge was a nice way to start our day. The coffee was delicious!

Parking for the night was $30. This fee can be charged to your room bill for added convenience.

We will definitely stay at the Radisson Warwick again soon!!

• Stayed: August 2009, traveled as a couple
2  Thank DivaMama2
Reviewed August 5, 2009

I loved the Warwick--it reminded me of the grand hotels such as the Plaza in New York. We had an enormous room that was very comfortable and immaculate. The public areas of the hotel are elegant and very classy. The service at the hotel was also excellent. We did not eat at the hotel. The hotel is easily accessible to public transportation and is walking distance to the old city area of Philadelphia. We had a terrific price through Hotwire.com.

• Stayed: July 2009, traveled with family
2  Thank mlt1961
Reviewed August 3, 2009

Have stayed here on several occasions, mostly recently the first weekend in August. Although every time we check in we get a slightly different room configuration, they are always nice, spacious with decent bathroom and nice beds. We usually have a dog with us - a fairly large one at that - and they are always accomodating about him. The location is perfect for central Philly - not even a whole block from Rittenhouse Square. The only problem we've consistently had is the valet parking. It takes forever to get your car. You can call ahead but leave a lot of time to get your car. It can take over 30 minutes of waiting. When I mentioned it to the valet attendant, they indicated they were short staffed and the garage was several blocks away.

• Stayed: August 2009, traveled with friends
2  Thank AFusco
Reviewed July 26, 2009

I stayed at this hotel recently with a large group visiting historic theaters in the Philadelphia/Baltimore/Wilmington area. We travel every year to a different US city and we have always been highly impressed with Radisson Hotels so came into our stay with high expectations. We were not disappointed.

We booked our block of rooms more than a year in advance and found the hotel sales staff to be professional, courteous and genuinely interested in our group's satisfaction.

The hotel itself is extremely elegant with many "small touches" that make it feel like home. (Chilled water set out in the lobby in the late afternoon, flavored lightly with lemon slices and mint leaves was an extra special touch!) The lobby is welcoming, bright and the front desk staff was extremely professional. It was very busy at the desks when I arrived for check in yet there were more than enough stations open, the desk personnel did not seem fazed by the crush of people AND ringing phones AND crying child (make that tantrum-throwing child!). They were smooth and unruffled.

My room was very clean, nicely furnished, large screen TV and oh those beds! Sleep number adjustable, softest comforters and pillows imaginable, nice view.

After i arrived, i invited several officers of our group to a last minute planning session in my room. One of the housekeepers arrived to do the bed turndown and spent a few minutes chatting with us, learning about our group and giving us a few tips on morning traffic, interesting sites we would encounter on our walks to and from various points and generally making us feel quite taken care of.

As we have seen at other Radisson properties, every single hotel employee I encountered had a smile, nod and "good morning" etc greeting. It shows a well trained staff who are very conscious of the guests in their hotel.

However, since i notice that hotel management reads and responds to comments left here, let me make one important suggestion.... those sinks!! I am short (5'1") and it was like morning exercise brushing my teeth every morning! Those sinks are just a few inches too high for ease of use for a shorter person. Please consider step stools in the bathrooms. I am only half kidding......

Our yearly conference ends with an awards banquet and the hotel menu was especially good. Diverse selections, served hot and promptly. Can't ask for more. Also the room layout was very well done with ample room at and between each table.

Overall, I am happy to give this hotel a very enthusiastic thumbs up and highly recommend it for group or individual travel.

• Stayed: July 2009, traveled on business
1  Thank KarenGeneva
Reviewed July 26, 2009

We booked on Priceline & got a great deal. The hotel is lovely but the bathroom was tiny, cruise ship sized tiny except for the full bathtub.

They have sleepnumber beds. DH liked it. I hated it & couldn't get comfortable. I kept bumping into the sides that contain the airfilled adjustable chambers. The pillows were nice though, big & fluffy.

We could not find the blackout drapes that management swore were on every window so we were awakened by the sun every morning.

Our room faced the front of the hotel & although I slept through it, when the bars got out DH could hear the drunks even 10 floors up.

The unpleasant surprise involved the parking. I thought the valets were there for hotel guests. I didn't realize there was a $30 per day charge for parking. I didn't see that tiny sign until we came back in Saturday night; by then it was too late. Had I realized I would have parked a block up in a cheaper lot.

• Stayed: July 2009, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 22, 2009

i got a great deal from Travelzoo for a king size bedroom for only $100 on a Saturday. the lobby is gorgeous, the service was good. the sleep number bed was nice, and the location of the hotel was great. also, i really like the free wireless internet.
the only concern i had was that the description said "large" bedroom, but it was pretty small compared to an average hotel bedroom.
the bathroom was small too, but after i indicated that on a survey the hotel sent me, the manager wrote to me apologizing and saying they will adjust the room description, and that it's small b/c it's an old hotel.
overall i would definitely recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: July 2009, traveled as a couple