“Ratskin” 2 of 5 bubbles
Review of The Warwick Hotel Rittenhouse Square

Lowest prices for {0} - {1}
Enter dates for lowest prices
We check up to 200+ sites for the lowest hotel prices
The Warwick Hotel Rittenhouse Square
Ranked #28 of 85 Hotels in Philadelphia
GreenLeadersGold level
New York, NY
“Ratskin”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 20, 2005

The hotel looks nice enough from the lobby, but that's as far as it goes. I made my reservation on the web, as did the person I was traveling with, they had her reservation, but not mine. After a few minutes, I received a room anyway, without explanation. The only rooms that were available at the time were smoking, I opted to receive my room later in the day, and my colleague opted for the smoking room. YUCK!! The room smelled disgusting. The bedspreads were ancient; the room decor was out of date. The bathroom looked as though it hadn't been remodeled for 40 years. I was embarrassed because I had recommend we stay at the Radisson.

On the upside, the neighborhood is ideal for relaxing. It’s less than a mile from the convention center, but was a much better choice. There were lots of shops and restaurants. Rittenhouse Square was around the corner.

Upon my departure, the woman at the counter insistent I fill out the survey, I felt compelled to mark that I would not return to the hotel. The Swissotel is down the block; it would've made a much better choice.

• Stayed June 2005
5 Thank NYGirl37

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (165)
  • Finnish first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Salisbury, Maryland
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 6, 2005

Booked a package deal we found on GoPhila for the Salvador Dali exhibit at the Philadelphia art museum. Package included the room, valet parking, and VIP passes for the exhibit, and was a bargain. Hotel is centrally located and convenient, staff was friendly and helpful, dinner at the Circles Restaurant was absolutely delicious (far above our expectations!), and our waitress/hostess delightful. Room was not luxurious, but attractive, comfortable and clean....a perfectly fine place to "crash" after seeing all the sights. Would definitely stay there again!

Stayed April 2005
8 Thank tootumsgal
PA
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 26, 2005

We had a terrible experience at this hotel while attending the ASI convention in May 24-23 2005. The front desk was rude and very inconsiderate when advising us that our reservation for a king room made over a month ago was over-booked. But they did offer us a pull-out queen sleeper in a room they call the parlor!!! I felt like I was in a seinfeld episode where the manager Dwaine and his 2 flunky assistants at the front desk were convinced that a reservation met nothing and the customer would just go away. If you stay here an experience this situation it is probably because you booked for only one night. Don't let that stop you, call the 1-800 number for radison and complain. The brochures are at the front desk for the number. The corporate headquarters were very helpful and seemed to be as surprized as we were when told of an offer for a queen sleeper. I choose another attendant who was obviously not a manger but was kind enough to verify we indeed did have a king room reservation but it was obvious that the magement hawks would never allow her to check us in. It was pretty apparent that the check in line for one night stays were sent to the managers desk to plead there case. After talking to everyone in line it was apparent that everyone in the managers line was there for the same reason, reservation number in hand but no room and booked for one night. After 1 1/2 hours of complaining and basically making a scene, they finally gave us our room. We refused to be sent down the road to the overflow! I had to insist on a free drink and dinner. After only getting a drink card I warned the manager that my dinner reservation that I missed and the drink card may be a bad combination since I don't drink very well on an empty stomoch. They threw in a dinner at the circle restaraunt with a smirk and please leave us alone look. The dinner at the circle was great so don't believe the bad reviews. Its now under new management (Brian) who was very sympathetic to our experience and made our evening wonderful.
BOttom line, ask for Brian in the resteraunt and do stay at this hotel and make the front desk and mangers job as miserable as possible as they are obviously doing for hundreds of people a day. "Yes...pay backs are OK!" Donald Trump said this at the ASI conference on dealing with people.

• Stayed May 2005, traveled on business
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
6 Thank pa_rookies
A TripAdvisor Member
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 27, 2005

We reserved a non-smoking room. The room we were given upon arrival smelled strongly of smoke. The staff immediately switched us to a different room, which seemed fine in the beginning. But then, from time to time, an overpowering odor of smoke would invade the bathroom. Apparently it was coming through the ventilation ducts when people in neighboring rooms (could be one or two floors below) smoked. The hotel has serious issues with ventilation. The bathrooms are not vented with forced air. The carpeting and wallpaper also look tired. For the price, this is probably the worst hotel we have stayed in.

• Stayed April 2005