“Perfectly pleasant stay.”

GreenLeadersGold level
London, England
“Perfectly pleasant stay.”
Reviewed April 14, 2009

I stayed at the Radisson for 2 nights at the end of March. I booked via a special offer on Travelzoo. My stay was great, no problems whatsoever. I arrived at 11:30am and was given a room straightaway, no fuss about checking early, so that was a very good start! My room was good, close to the lifts but not so close as to hear noise. The view was none exsistant - a wall! But i wasn't in the room that much to be bothered by it. I loved the bed that you could make soft or firm to your liking, and the free internet access. The only downside that i found was that there were no full length mirrors in the room, the bathroom had the only mirror, and no power points in the bathroom for hairdryers/straighteners. I used their room service which was fab, very good service and the food was good, and i also had a drink in Tavern 17, and all the staff were friendly in there too. Infact i would say that every staff member i can into contact with, from doormen to room service, front desk to housekeeping, were all great. I would definately stay here again, and would recommend it to any friend travelling to Philly.

• Stayed March 2009, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (177)
  • Finnish first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
New York, NY
Reviewed April 13, 2009

We stayed here Easter weekend on a deal through Travelzoo ($89/night for a kind bed in a no-smoking room). The service was extremely cordial and gracious, the location was excellent and the room was lovely. The bed was extremely comfortable, the large screen TV was great and the bathroom was in good shape. My only quibble is that the hotel has clearly been recently upgraded, but some of the touches were a bit sloppy (paint splatters on the walls, very old/shabby doorhandles etc). Again, minor issues. Would definitely stay here again though!

• Stayed April 2009, traveled as a couple
1 Thank chompchompNY
Chelmsford, MA
Reviewed April 11, 2009

Booked at a low price through Travelzoo. Room was comfortable, clean and quiet.. Location was fantastic, less than a block from the Curtis Institute and Rittenhouse Square. The cafe off the lobby had kind employees, great snacks, light food at a reasonble price. The fitness center was well equipped. The bathroom had a wonderful power shower. There is no phone charge for local calls and 800 numbers. Also, Liberty Bell Shuttle picks up right at the door for only $10. to the airport.
Only one trivial quibble - the TV was not programmed to receive PBS..

• Stayed April 2009, traveled solo
1 Thank Musiclover9
New York City, New York
Reviewed March 29, 2009

We stay in Philly often and usually stay at The Sofitel. However, I got a good price on Hotels.com for this very last minute stay and so we decided to try it. The lobby is lovely, very old world and the staff was very professional. The rooms are incredibly large for a city hotel (this is a good hotel for families). We were told that the rooms were just renovated but I would guess that it was actually several years ago. The rugs are slighly worn and our bathroom ceiling was in need of repair. Our bed was very comfortable. We love this location and that is a big plus for staying in this hotel.
Overall this is a good hotel especially if you can get a good price.
I would stay here again.

• Stayed March 2009, traveled as a couple
1 Thank treetravel
Parsonsfield
Reviewed March 6, 2009

Stayed at the Warwick for one night before the opening of the Phila Flower Show. I used to live in Phila. & knew the Warwick was an older, but nice hotel. Got a great rate on a Hotwire Ticker special of $89.00/night. Parking is $30.00 /day, but well worth it compared to parking tickets graciously given out by the Phila parking authority. We were able to leave our car parked until 6pm on the day of checkout, which worked well for us. Checkin was relatively smooth although they didn't have a double room available until 3pm. We did drop our bags there & just walked around the great shopping area of Rittenhouse Square. Philly is a great walking town...
The room was quite large, very modern & updated. I would not call it luxurious, but quite nice for what we paid. Clean, roomy with sleep number beds. Still not sure if I like those or not. Service was great from the front desk to the bellman, everyone was friendly & gracious. Sunday morning we were awoken by barking dogs down our hall. Apparently, a few doors down some bad pet owners had left their dogs unattended in their room. They continued to bark until we checked out around 10 AM. I did call reception to complain & they said that they would deal with it immediately. It did not seem like anything was done at that time. When we checked out, we reitterated our discontenet with said barking dogs. The girl at the front desk was unaware of any problems. She did apologize profusely & offered us free breakfast in the hotel restaurant, which we did partake of. Breakfast was unimpressive but free. I do commend the Warwick on their handling of this situation, as the day after our stay I received an email from the manager of the hotel letting us know that they would be refunding $50.00 of our money for our problems with the noise. For that reason, I will ALWAYS be staying at the Warwick any time I visit the City of Brotherly Love. I feel they went above & beyond what they really had to, to keep a customer happy. All in all a great hotel in a great location with a little old world charm.

• Stayed February 2009, traveled with friends
2 Thank robertwcook
Madison, WI
Reviewed March 5, 2009

Stayed here 1 night. The building is older but is nicely updated. Room was big, bathroom decent though the window caused the bathroom to be a bit chilly. Good fitness room, close to shopping. In the AM as I departed I heard a dog barking, and inquired - "yes you can bring your dog next time". Ok, I'd prefer to stay in a hotel that doesn't allow pets, thanks anyways!

• Stayed March 2009, traveled on business
1 Thank Wisconsonian
Atlanta
Reviewed March 2, 2009

My spouse and I were in Philly for the Philadelphia Flower Show and scored a great rate at this hotel on Hotwire. It was right at Rittenhouse Square, and an easy walk all around Center City.

The hotel stored our bags both before and after our stay for us. The lobby was very elegant with huge crystal chandeliers, large fireplaces and murals of highlights of Philadelphia on the walls. The staff was very friendly and helpful, and upgraded us to a room on the 11th floor, which came with lounge privileges (continental breakfast, happy hour and coffee/dessert), which we really enjoyed.

The room was spacious, quiet and had a king-size Sleep Number bed. It had a large flat-screen tv, desk with free internet access and a refrigerator. My favorite was the comfortable chair with footstool in front of the tv. The bathroom looked very new, except the floor of the tub was kind of streaked with gray. The waist-high granite vanity was great, as was the telescoping makeup/shaving mirror. The shower was delightful.

There was a great bakery and coffee shop a couple of doors down 17th Street. It was a short walk to Liberty Place, upscale shopping along Walnut, and to Suburban Station, where we caught the train for a 20 minute ride back to the airport.

• Stayed March 2009, traveled as a couple