“Nice mix of new & classic”

The Warwick Hotel Rittenhouse Square
Ranked #30 of 86 Hotels in Philadelphia
GreenLeadersGold level
Lambertville, New Jersey
“Nice mix of new & classic”
Reviewed March 4, 2014 via mobile

Checked in late Saturday, around 8:30pm. Troy was the man and made sure everything went smoothly. There's a fancier chop house style restaurant named The Prime Rib on the Lobby floor along with a more traditional pub called Tavern 17 opposite sides of lobby. Ate at both, drank at both. Excellent shrimp cocktail and martinis at Prime, accompanied by a live 3 piece band. I wanted a full menu at Prime but it was after 10 so I couldn't get a big steak..disappointed about that but it was my fault! Martinis were small and expensive, if you care...I would order at the bar as service took too long, for me anyway but I'm a pain in the butt customer. I also had a late cheeseburger at Tavern 17, the younger Saturday night bartender was very eager to not be doing her job and made a few comments within earshot that didn't sit well with me but I left her a good tip because the service was good and she seemed like she needed it. Like I said, I'm very critical and my girlfriend thought everything was absolutely perfect. The room was fine, a little awkward with a swivel tv stand in the middle of the room with a couch behind it and the bed on the other side. The window had sexy time hand prints on it and was smudged with lipstick too, surprisingly that didn't bother me. The towel rack in the shoebox batbroom is too low, I hit my head and cut it. There was also a smokey smell in the bathroom, like the towels were washed in a cigar bar. I couldn't quite nail it down but it didn't really bother me. All that aside I really liked this hotel!!! The staff, aside from the Tavern 17 bartender, really tries to make you happy. That's all most people want, to see that the staff actually gives a hoot. To sum it up, will stay there again, will eat at the Prime, skip Tavern 17. And Martin, thank you for the extra help with my vehicle. See you guys soon and congratulations on being the first hotel I've stayed at recently that actually showed they care.

Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
2 Thank AdamAdamAdamAdam

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (182)
  • Finnish first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Breckenridge, Colorado
Reviewed March 1, 2014

Rooms are modern and nice! Friendly staff and a very good bar in the lobby. Had dinner there and it was a good meal. Enjoyed my stay here. Would stay here again for the location and fun bar . Rooms are very large.

Room Tip: Not sure. Rooms I saw were very comfortable and enjoyed my stay.
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled with friends
1 Thank SiriusSkier23
Joanne-1Hotel, General Manager at The Warwick Hotel Rittenhouse Square, responded to this review, March 3, 2014
Dear breckbmcq,
Thank you very much for your posting on Trip Advisor. I appreciate your kind remarks regarding the hotel's team members and I am so pleased that you liked our lobby bar too. Thanks for taking the time to write about your experience and we hope you return soon.
Wilmington, North Carolina
Reviewed February 26, 2014 via mobile

Stayed here when stranded during the snow storm. The staff was very kind and accommodating during a stressful time.

Rooms are very spacious and well appointed. Common areas have very fun decor and are kept clean.

There on site is a great coffee / snack shop and 2 restaurants that have good selections.

A few cons: the bathroom did not have a heat/air vent. And when the room next door showered or flushed I could not hear the tv. Yet if I closed the bathroom it'd be freezing.

The room numbering in the hallways didn't make much sense, but you eventually find your room.

If in Philly again, I'd consider the Radisson.

Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
1 Thank NCMom1977
Dear NCMom1977,
I can't imagine being stranded due to weather but if that's what happened, then what better place that the Radisson Blu Warwick Hotel here in Philadelphia! Thank you for your kind remarks about our hotel and our staff. I certainly hope you return to enjoy the hotel and its location when the weather is nicer!
Philadelphia
Reviewed February 26, 2014

The Radisson was just renovated to become a Radisson Blu and the changes and upgrades are fantastic. Our room was clean, modern (but not cold), had a beautiful bathroom, and the bed was very comfortable. Also, the rooms at this hotel are LARGE. I've stayed in many hotels in Philly and the standard rooms here are the biggest I've seen. The service was wonderful. Our room was delayed because of the snow (the truck with new linens was late in arriving), so not only did they give us a free bottle of wine but free breakfast (including room service) the next morning. Staff was also extremely pleasant and friendly. Finally, the location is fantastic. Right near Rittenhouse Square and in the center of it all. I'd strongly recommend this as a place to stay in center city, and I think you can get better deals here than other hotels in the area.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank PhillyCali
Dear PhillyCali,
Thanks for staying with us during one of the city's (how many now?) snowstorms. It sounds as if you had a great time despite the weather. Thanks for noticing the cleanliness of the hotel and how friendly the staff is as well. We will look forward to welcoming you back soon!
Regards,
Joanne Cunningham
Cornelia, Georgia
Reviewed February 25, 2014

stayed at the radisson blu couple weeks ago. very nice and clean with such great staff. would recommend to anyone that is visting or staying in philadelphia. i would certainly go back for another stay in the near future! ;)

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with family
2 Thank cindy s
Dear cindy s,
thank you for your recent posting on Trip Advisor. We appreciate your patronage and the time you took to write about your experience here. Thank you also for recognizing the cleanliness of our hotel and of course our great team who truly make a difference. We hope to see you again soon!
Joanne Cunningham
Pittsburgh, PA
Reviewed February 24, 2014

Stayed here mid Feb. 2014 while in Philadelphia for college visits with my daughter. Spacious room, very clean, and very attentive staff. Very convenient to Rittenhouse Square, the arts district, and many good restaurants and pubs.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with family
3 Thank VLSchaap
Joanne-1Hotel, General Manager at The Warwick Hotel Rittenhouse Square, responded to this review, February 25, 2014
Dear VLSchaap,
I am so glad that you enjoyed your stay during your recent visit. Thank you for the kind words in your review.

Best wishes for the next step in your daughter's education and I hope that she selects a school in Philly so that you become a frequent guest of ours!
Nassau, New York
Reviewed February 21, 2014 via mobile

Saw Groupon deal and thought to good to be true! I hadn't traveled to Philly in 30 years. The Radisson Blu did not disappoint. Staff and even hotel guests were all so polite and kind. A man in the elevator even recommended places to go and visit. Check in was quick and we upgraded for 10 bucks to accommodate my family of 4. The in/out parking for $40 was worth it cause it's parking in the city, what are ya gonna do. Clean lobby, staff, and room was beautiful. My family loved it and would definitely go back to Rad Blu when visiting Philly again.

Stayed February 2014
2 Thank Cara T
Dear Cara T,
Thank you very much for your extremely kind words. It always is nice to find a great deal that lives up to expectations.
I appreciate your time and your comments - and don't wait 30 years again!