“good location, old hotel”

The Warwick Hotel Rittenhouse Square
Ranked #30 of 86 Hotels in Philadelphia
GreenLeadersGold level
Clearwater, Florida
“good location, old hotel”
Reviewed January 2, 2014

Hotel is located in downtown, which makes it nice to walk to venues - shopping, restaurants, and bars. Hotel, however, is old. There were multiple outlets in the room that were not working. Bathroom and closet were very small. Room was average size for a king size bed. No room service offered on 12/31 until 5 pm! That I could not believe. Staff was very pleasant and helpful though. Most likely will stay in a different hotel when I return to Philly.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with friends
Joanne-1Hotel, General Manager at The Warwick Hotel Rittenhouse Square, responded to this review, January 19, 2014
Dear amraac,
Thank you for letting me know about your recent stay. I apologize I am just getting the opportunity to respond.
If you would like, please feel free to contact me directly to discuss your experience personally. However, should you choose note to, trust that your comments were heard.
Joanne Cunningham, General Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (182)
  • Finnish first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Old Lyme, Connecticut
Reviewed January 1, 2014

I stayed at this hotel numerous times prior to their renovation project.I returned for the first time last evening for a New Years Eve. When we arrived no attendant was outside to help with luggage or valet parking. We entered the lobby and proceeded to the check in desk and asked that someone help with the car it took longer than 10 minutes for someone to approach us. Then we stepped in the elevator and saw cigarette butts on the floor. The room renovations were nice and updated. The following morning we called the front desk to have our car brought over as we were heading home. It took more than 30 minutes to get our car. The overall performance of the current staff does not compare to those associated with the WARWICK.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Mark S,
Thank you for your feedback regarding your recent stay.

I apologize for the experience you detail in this posting. I assure you we will work diligently to ensure a similar situation does not occur again in the future.

Willingboro, New Jersey
Reviewed January 1, 2014

Valet,prompt and courteous Check in,welcoming and classy Warwick Suite exceeded our expectations!Dinner,Tavern 17,service,excellent Breakfast,ordered in,yet again excellent and prompt Enjoyed it! WBNJ

Room Tip: Get a suite!
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear William B,
Thank you for the delightful posting of your recent experience at Radisson Blu Warwick Hotel Philadelphia.
I am pleased that you enjoyed your stay and the services of our genuine hospitality.
Halifax
Reviewed December 30, 2013

I was stranded in Philadelphia for one night with bad weather and booked this hotel on Hotwire. The hotel was undergoing renovations (which was not well signed for the initial arrival); but this was not an inconvenience after I checked in. I had a new room which was a 'wow'. It was big and had nice decorations. The bed was also very comfortable. I would love to go back to this hotel to spend more time. I assume the renovations on the lobby level are now complete and the whole hotel shines. This hotel was also well located as I walked to shopping and a steakhouse for dinner. The reception staff I encountered were also very professional.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
Dear HalifaxGreg,
Happy New Year!
Yes, our renovations and the redesign of the hotel is completed and the results are truly magnificent. We are so proud of the Radisson Blu Warwick Hotel Philadelphia and the amount of research and focus that took place to provide services and amenities desired by travelers such as yourself.
Thank you for the posting and have a great day!
Niagara Falls, Canada
Reviewed December 11, 2013

We stayed here in mid Oct 2013 (boyfriend and myself). We got a great deal via express deals on Priceline (I was able to figure out which hotel if would be). There was construction at the time and the entrance to the hotel was on a side street (I knew to expect this from reviews and it didn't bother us). Valet parking was great - all the guys were nice and quickly retrieved our car when needed. Lobby was minimal (due to construction) but staff were nice. We got breakfast one day in the hotel coffee shop which was nice and had great coffee. Rooms....ours was right in front of the elevators...mostly ok but 2 of 4 mornings people were up at 5:30 am onwards using the elevators so the "ping" is heard each time (ask for a room away from elevators if your a light sleeper like me). TV in room was fine albeit a bit small. Bed, king size, was super comfy with soft bedding and fluffy duvet. Room itself was a decent size. Used in room safe which was convenient, bathroom was nice as renovated but the sink was odd (very large square shape) so there was very little counter space for anything like makeup. Mini fridge in room was nice as well as small in room coffee maker. Noise from the street in the morning, if a light sleeper, can be heard even on the 13th floor ..... However the hotel is right downtown so it was expected. Location is the biggest plus...close to main shopping and restaurant row as well as parks. In fact Philly is a easy city to walk around and we had a great time. We were in town to see some hockey.

Room Tip: Light sleepers get higher floor and away from elevators
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Joanne-1Hotel, General Manager at The Warwick Hotel Rittenhouse Square, responded to this review, December 16, 2013
Dear ccjewel,
Thank you for your recent posting on Trip Advisor. Since you were here in October we have completed our redesign and the results are stunning! Thank you for allowing me the opportunity to recognize the staff members that assisted during your stay. I certainly hope to host your next stay in Philadelphia.
Joanne Cunningham, General Manager

PS: I hope your favored Hockey team won!
La Crosse, Wisconsin
Reviewed December 11, 2013

I stayed at this hotel for four nights and really enjoyed being back after their impressive renovation. The hotel is now a Blu hotel and the rooms and corridors were very nicely done. The lobby is pretty cool also, mixing the old architecture with some modern lighting and interesting walls. I had room service each night and was not disappointed at all. One night I had the NY strip and it was perfectly prepared and very tasty. Ray in room service provides exceptional service and is very attentive to guest needs. The front desk staff is very good and all of the housekeeping staff are warm and welcoming.

I will be back to this hotel again.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled on business
Joanne-1Hotel, General Manager at The Warwick Hotel Rittenhouse Square, responded to this review, December 24, 2013
Dear Pete B,
Thank you for the posting on Trip Advisor about your stay at the beautiful Radisson Blu Warwick Hotel in Philadelphia. I am thrilled that you liked the completed look of the hotel's redesign and how contemporary it is yet still in keeping with the hotel's history. Thank you also for giving me the opportunity to recognize so many team members that made your stay even more enjoyable. I hope you know that you have found a home away from home here in Philadelphia. Enjoy your holiday and take care, Joanne Cunningham, General Manager
Yakima, Washington
Reviewed December 10, 2013

I stayed here with a friend to attend a wedding in downtown Philly. It felt, surprisingly, quiet and relaxing even though it was at the heart of downtown. The staff was always very helpful and pleasant. The room (King) we had was well-appointed. Spent 2 nights there and on both occasions I felt well-rested. It has a restaurant and a bar on the ground floor, both of which I would recommend.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
Dear rossmd1,
I am so glad you were able to get away for some relaxation recently at the Radisson Blu Warwick Hotel Philadelphia. I appreciate your comments and hope that you don't have to wait for another wedding before you return!