“good if not great hotel”

The Warwick Hotel Rittenhouse Square
Ranked #28 of 85 Hotels in Philadelphia
GreenLeadersGold level
philly
“good if not great hotel”
Reviewed July 1, 2013

great location, our newly updated room and floor was one of the best hotel rooms we have ever stayed in- we loved it

front desk staff could use some additional training on how to treat Club Carlson members.

glad they are becoming an blu -

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (169)
  • Finnish first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Buffalo NY
Reviewed June 28, 2013

Nice hotel, recently remodeled rooms, construction still going on, with scaffolding on the outside and a banner hanging with the name of the hotel which made it difficult to find. Only 2 elevators which were often full, so you sometimes had to wait. There were several options for food in the hotel but the times they were open were staggered. If you are looking for a cheap alternative there was a small but tasty diner right across the street which I definitely recommend.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Germaine m, Front Office Manager at The Warwick Hotel Rittenhouse Square, responded to this review, June 30, 2013
Thanks for your visit.
We appreciate the feedback and will use it to fine tune our operations in the hope that upon your next visit
Swedesboro, New Jersey, United States
Reviewed June 26, 2013

From the moment we checked in, my husband and I were treated like royalty despite the fact that I had booked through a livingsocial deal! We were married here 15 years ago, and I was a bit skeptical about going back, but I am so glad we did! Germaine at the front desk could not have been any more helpful, printing out my voucher for me, upgrading us to a suite in honor of our big day, taking pictures of my husband and I when she bumped into us trying to revisit all of the spots from our wedding pictures. She even gave us an anniversary card with a voucher free breakfast! Amazing! Our room was fabulous with terrific views and great air conditioning (important during our current Philly humidity). Then as we were leaving, the woman who is the parking lot attendant during the day (whose name I wish I had gotten) noticed I had a water bottle that was not filled and let me fill it up which was so thoughtful on this very hot day! I have visited many nice hotels like Westins and several Destination Resorts, and even Disney Deluxe hotels, all of which had terrific customer service, but the service we received here topped them all. Thank you Germaine and the Warwick Plaza Radisson for making our anniversary so wonderful!

Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed June 26, 2013

I was very impressed with this hotel. It is truly unique. It is a historic hotel in the middle of an historic area (rittenhouse Square). It is still convenient to all the historic and business areas It was an excellent value as well.The staff could not have been nicer. The room exceeded all expectations. It was much larger than I expected, especially for a historic,downtown hotel. The bed was very comfortable. I strongly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed June 24, 2013 via mobile

We stayed here this past weekend and if far exceeded our expectations of the radisson chain. It is a beautiful updated hotel that has a very modern feel. The room was beautifully done and very large. I did a lot of research of the best areas to stay and Rittenhouse square is a great area. Everything is very walk able and safe. Lots of great restaurant in the area and a 15-20 minute walk to all of Philadelphia's history. We would absolutely stay here again and woul recommend it to others. The price is very competitive for the area and the updates that have been done. They might raise the prices as soon as it is technically a radisson blu. Book soon

• Stayed June 2013
1 Thank Jesikate
NY
Reviewed June 23, 2013

This is our 2nd stay at this Radisson Hotel but they just renovate all the rooms recently so the room we got this time was completely updated with a more modern decor and looked brand new. It is a historic building with a very pleasant looking spacious lobby. We arrived early around noon time; Tracyann checked us in with a great smile and gave us a very spacious room on the 6th Floor without any problem. We liked the new look of the room with a fridge, coffee maker, in room safe and a view of Philadelphia streets. Free in room Wi-Fi internet was reliable and with fair speed. Bed was very comfortable and we slept better than the sleep number bed. There's even a free bottle of water offered in our room that was a nice touch.
This Hotel is in a good location and you can walk to many attractions easily such us LOVE Park, City Hall, Chinatown, Rittenhouse square, Reading Terminal Market, many Museums and much more. In fact this beautiful city is very walkable and we enjoyed walking around and visit many attractions just by foot.
In general, we would love to recommend this hotel for touring downtown Philly.

2 Thank HouAndLee L
Germaine m, Front Office Manager at The Warwick Hotel Rittenhouse Square, responded to this review, June 24, 2013
Thank you for recognizing our team members - I will share your comment with them. Thank you for the great score! Enjoy your upcoming week. And we hope to see you again soon.
Ashland, Massachusetts
Reviewed June 22, 2013 via mobile

Let me start off by saying I stay in hotels about 125 days per year almost always for business. Although this seems odd but the Radisson has some of the best bathrooms. They might be small but they are always clean and the amenities are excellent. This hotel was not exception. My only complaint was that it took some time for the hot water to reach my room.
The other 'thing' I need in a room that is really quiet. This room was super quiet and I loved it- no next door neighbor noise and no city noise.
Check in and out was fine and the valet remembered me by name from the night before.

• Stayed June 2013