“Overnight Stay”

Warwick Hotel Rittenhouse Square
Ranked #32 of 88 Hotels in Philadelphia
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed June 22, 2013

Nice hotel ;currently working on exterior renovations. Stayed for a Friday Night baseball trip to see the NY Mets vs Phillies. Quick check-in right at 3:00 . Renovated public space in the room hallways and the room tastefully completed.,comfortable bed, bathroom decent size. Not a big fan if the vessel style sink. Not deep enough. Then came the 2:00 AM wake up call courtesy of a false fire alarm. Hotel evacuation was smooth with no issues. Learned from. A fellow guest on the same floor gong down the stairwell; that she had a recent similar experience at the same hotel. The response by the Philadelphia Fire Department couple with the clearly form "apology" letter from the GM indicates a regular issue here. Not a surprise for property undergoing renovations. Very pleasant breakfast buffet ; look for this to be an inclusion in your rate if possible and it will be even more enjoyable.... . Will return again.. Looks like when renovation is 100% complete it will be a good choice for this part of the city and alternative to those properties directly on Rittenhouse Square.

Reviewed June 20, 2013

stayed for a couple of nights before going on to washington, very good hotel. the door staff were great and checking in was swift and efficient. the room was large and modern but the air conditioning was noisy. tea and coffee making facilities are in the room. the bar is great to spend a few hours but we didnt eat there. good position for bars and restaurants, try the "black sheep" over the road - fantastic steaks.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
Germaine m, Front Office Manager at Warwick Hotel Rittenhouse Square, responded to this reviewResponded June 24, 2013

Thank you for the great score! Enjoy your upcoming week. And we hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed June 18, 2013

This hotel was a mixed bag, and not for everyone. Really what was great was the service - the doormen were on top of hailing cabs, the front desk was quick to provide umbrellas, give restaurant advice, and check us in/out, the cleaning staff was efficient and left the room always looking immaculate, and room services was friendly. Not so great were the loud wate pipes in the walls, comfortable but hot beds even with the air conditioner all the way down, and food that was thoroughly disappointing (e.g. bones in salmon, very spicy ribs, the saddest breakfast buffet I've seen, and over salted mashed potatoes to name a few). TL;DR Stay here, don't eat here and be a deep sleeper

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
Joanne-1Hotel, General Manager at Warwick Hotel Rittenhouse Square, responded to this reviewResponded June 20, 2013

Thank you for your response. I was most disappointed to hear that your stay fell below your expectation.

We like to promote a high standard of quality and I am deeply apologetic that your experience did not reflect this. Your comments are greatly appreciated as they allow us to recognize and improve our product.

I am delighted however that you were able to experience the personalized service that we pride ourselves on. I have shared your comment with the team and we all look forward to an opportunity welcome you back to the hotel.

Thank you.

Reviewed June 16, 2013

We had the pleasure of staying here last weekend and it was a fantastic experience! We arrived at 11pm in a torrential rain storm! We were greeted at the door and had our car taken and parked, our luggage brought in and were checked-in in a matter of minutes - without getting wet!!!

Room was beautiful and clean with lovely shampoos, soaps etc. and bathrobe and slippers! The Nespresso coffee machine in the room was a welcome sight after a long and stormy stressful drive!

We checked out at noon on Sunday and were allowed to leave our car parked with them till we left the city that evening!! You can imagine what a wonderful thing this was for us as finding a place to park and then paying for it is NOT easy nor cheap in Philadelphia!

The restaurants were wonderful. Buffet breakfast was unbelievable - too much too even list! And also ate dinner there on Saturday night and had a delicious burger!

Amazing experience from start to finish!!

Dear FSully:
Thank you so much for the great scores you awarded us regarding your last experience at the Radisson Plaza-Warwick Hotel Philadelphia.

It is our goal to provide a positive and memorable experience for all our guests and I appreciate not only the great scores you gave us but also the input you suggested to help our staff reach and surpass that goal.

And....thank you for helping us by telling others about the great experience you had!

Reviewed June 13, 2013 via mobile

Amazing hotel! The lobby is magnificent! We stayed her for 11days and the service was amazing. All staff were friendly and attentive to all our needs and requests ! The hotel is in an excellent position to Rittenhouse square and some amazing restaurants.

Dear Ashana H
Thank you for your comments. I am delighted that you had such a pleasant stay with us and that you were able to take advantage of our great service that we pride ourselves on.

I am also very pleased that you enjoyed our large rooms, guest amenities, and central location.

We appreciate your comments as they assist us in making improvements to our hotel and in providing the best service possible. We look forward to an opportunity welcome you back to the soon to be - Radisson Blu Warwick Hotel Philadelphia again in the future!

Reviewed June 11, 2013

The property's rooms are newly remodeled, which made the experience all the more disappointing.

The good: The rooms are just redone, are large and nicely appointed with flat screen TVs, modern furnishings and comfortable bedding. The common areas are also remodeled in a warm, modern style.

The bad: The room door did not close automatically, which could be a real security problem if not paying attention. The check out was clunkywhen compared to Hilton or Starwood for loyalty members, and the breakfast was not posted to my account. Elevator service is very slow, as is the Wifi in the rooms.

The ugly: The fitness center had not been cleaned since the evening before. Dirty towels were everywhere and the mirrors were sweat stained. There were no clean towels or cups for water. In a word, the gym was disgusting and poorly cared for (where are the free weights in the 20's?). The breakfast eggs I ordered off the menu were not cooked to order, but were watery and taken off the buffet. The only save here is that the price was reasonable for a hotel breakfast.

All in all, the staff is nice, but not well trained and there is a complete miss on the attention to details, which is everything in the hotel business. This issue falls squarely on the hotel leadership and its GM. If the Carlson Rezidor Group wants to compete in the US it must change the Radisson culture. Its hotels in Asia are outstanding, and it's too bad my visits to US properties do not match my Hilton experiences, or my experiences at this company's properties in Asia. At mid-$200 range, this hotel would be a real value if the leadership was up to running a first class property.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business

Dear Mark:
Thank you for taking the time to complete our guest satisfaction survey. The feedback that we receive from our guests is warmly embraced as the guest experience is very important to us.

On behalf of our entire staff at Radisson Plaza-Warwick Hotel Philadelphia I appreciate hearing about your stay and allowing me the opportunity to guide our team to improve and provide a positive and memorable experience for all our guests.

Thank you again.

Reviewed June 6, 2013

I almost hate to write this because The secret will be out but I gotta let ya all know this hotel has really changed. Great value!!! They have revamped the rooms and hallways and it looks great. The rooms are modernized. They really did a wonderful job. The bed is so comfie, they got rid of those FING sleep number beds, and have real beds now, the sheets are fitted, always a plus!!! They feel really nice, crisp and cool the way I like them to feel. The extra blanket is so sweet,pillows are amble, the lighting is great.
Bathrooms...A little helper mirror in the bathroom, but I bring my own. The bathroom has great lighting. The towels are plush, for a bloody RADISSON!
I was pleased with The AC, which is tough for a menopausal lady...I know more info then you need, but this AC cuts the hot flashes. Many 4 star hotels do not...Wall control and unit control...I love control!
The windows still open...yes fresh Philly air is still available. The window coverings are sleek and affective. Frig in the room. Lots of plugs. Gosh my room even had a vase...The lobby is next and the health club is under renovations. They are sending folks to LA fitness... I went to body cycle on Chestnut which was great.
I have never really had or noticed any issues with thin walls. But I would not stay in a main traffic area, I have moved from the elevator area but I do that at all hotels.
I gave this hotel excellent ratings because it really has done an amazing renovation and kept the familiar faces. This is the only 3.5 star hotel I stay at because I love the feel of this place even before they renovated it but then I would not have rated the rooms nor beds at excellent. Will be back there in july and will get pictures...totally forgot

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled solo