Stayed here recently for 2 nights. I like to visit Philly a few times throughout the year - terrific restaurants and museums. This was my first time at the Radisson Plaza. Got a great 2 night deal on their website.
. location: anything in Center City near Rittenhouse Square is ideal. And the Radisson Plaza's location is perfect - very convenient to great restaurants, shopping, and easy to grab a taxi up to the art museum.
. room size: I joined their loyalty program and was able to score a corner room - very nice. The room was very big, 3 windows, a window in the bathroom, good size work desk, nice sized bathroom.
. the bed: they have Sleep Number beds! I've always been curious about the Sleep Number so it was nice to try it on for size for 2 nights. If you're curious, the first night I slept at "35" the next night I slept at "45" (the higher the number, the more firm the mattress). Great bed, great night's sleep.
. customer service: I checked in on a Saturday afternoon and the lobby was quite busy but the front door valet immediately greeted my taxi and whisked my bags to the front desk. The front desk clerk knew I wanted a quiet room and took her time to find me a corner room, she was extremely friendly, the perfect welcome to my getaway.
. lobby and restaurants: the lobby of this hotel is grand and gorgeous - lots of space to meet friends, hang out, etc. I went to Tavern 17 for their buffet breakfast which was just fine - at first it didn't seem that impressive but then I realized, how much do I really need from a breakfast buffet? Everything I had was delicious.
. Prime Rib restaurant: I travel a lot and I love steak and prime rib. Hands down this is the BEST prime rib I every had - no question. Outstanding restaurant, if you can take advantage of their prix fixe menu.
. the hotel is going under renovations - though this did not impact my visit at all, there's quite a bit of work going on and scaffolding out front
. room size: what's funny is that even though the corner room is quite large, it's not well layed out - because there's so much room, the distance from the bed to the tv is too far! with that much space between the bed and tv, better to have a much larger tv. also, would be nice if there was a table or something near the closet - set that up as the in-room coffee station rather than crowd the coffee maker onto the work desk
. the bathroom: as many people have mentioned, the sink/vanity is oddly too high but that said, there's lots of room on the counter. In addition, the toilet paper holder is oddly positioned too high next to the toilet. The towels are ok, not great. They've been overwashed so they feel a bit rough.
. noise: while I did not hear my next door neighbors (thank goodness), I DID hear my neighbors upstairs - stomp, stomp, stomp! Every step! During waking hours when I'm in and out of the room, I don't care but after midnight? It's a nuisance.
Overall, I would definitely return to the Radisson Plaza, especially for a 2-day Philly getaway. The hotel met all of my needs. I've stayed at nicer places in Philly but have paid more for roughly the same service I got here. Will be curious to see what happens after the renovations!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Sophisticated. Stylish. Uniquely Philadelphia. Listed on the National Registry of Historic Places, The Warwick Hotel Rittenhouse Square is where history meets innovation and culture. This hotel is high on design and style and located in Philadelphia's most prestigious address, Rittenhouse Square. This luxury center city Philadelphia hotel is in the epicenter of boutique shopping, entertainment and many of Philadelphia's award winning restaurants. The stunning illumination and architecture in the lobby, graceful fireplaces and comfy seating areas complement your stay. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, Expedia, HotelsClick, Odigeo, Cheap Tickets, getaroom.com and Jetsetter so you can book your The Warwick Hotel Rittenhouse Square reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Warwick Hotel Philadelphia
- Radisson Plaza Philadelphia
- Radisson Philadelphia
- Warwick Philadelphia
- Philadelphia Radisson