“Great Bones”

GreenLeadersGold level
Carlisle, Massachusetts
“Great Bones”
Reviewed January 18, 2013

thoroughly classy, the building itself, and Radisson does a pretty solid job running it that way. The top floors are private condos, and that keeps the pressure on it being upscale and influences the overall flavor. The staff was highly professional and overall just as one would expect in a worldly downtown first class place, but first class not in a super-posh way, just more the kind of old-fashioned "we do things very well" way, which in fact I far prefer. And building itself, and the way it's nestled in a very nice neighborhood, gives an overall feel that is not found too many places in center city. Very nice, though I thought the bedding which was perfectly clean might want a little upgrading.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (182)
  • Finnish first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Greenbelt, Maryland
Reviewed January 17, 2013

We stayed at this hotel for only one night in early December. The front desk was friendly, the room comfortable. The bathroom was a little strange with a high sink and low toilet. When we left, my husband forgot his toiletry bag in the bathroom. Over six weeks later he called the hotel to see if they still had his bag. Unbelievably, they did and shipped it to him within two days. I was amazed. The housekeeping person was extremely pleasant. Also, I received a personal note from the manager when I complained about the cold draft in the restaurant coming from the front entrance door. She explained that the situation was being corrected. Parking is a little pricey but it is that way at a lot of central city hotels.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Joanne-1Hotel, Manager at The Warwick Hotel Rittenhouse Square, responded to this review, January 18, 2013
Dear Guest:
Thank you for your comments.

I appreciate the time you took to let me know about your experience as it greatly assist us in making improvements to our hotel and in providing the best service possible. Our upcoming renovation plans for later this year will address the concerns you mention about the draft and the height of the vanity in the bath.

We look forward to an opportunity welcome you back to the Radisson Plaza-Warwick Hotel Philadelphia again in the future.
Argentina
Reviewed January 16, 2013

Loved this hotel...its beautifullll and its location is unbeatable. The staff was awesome..very helpful and nice. the recepcionist helped us with tips and the trolley . It was very clean!!! walking distance from the important turistic sites. I highly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Joanne-1Hotel, General Manager at The Warwick Hotel Rittenhouse Square, responded to this review, January 18, 2013
Dear Guest:
Thank you for taking the time to let us know how you enjoyed your stay at the beautiful Radisson Plaza-Warwick Hotel.

I have shared your scores with the team and we all look forward to an opportunity welcome you back to the hotel.
Princeton, New Jersey
Reviewed January 14, 2013

My family and I stayed here during Christmas week to see a limited-edition run of Jekyll & Hyde (show was average, but star Constantine Maroulis was FANTASTIC). I am a Club Carlson Rewards member and didn't have any expectations about the hotel, as I had earned a stay with my points. I was absolutley impressed by the hotel, but more importantly, the service (five-start). The location is great as is the historic grandeur of the hotel. The comments about the hotel being 'rundown' are truly not warranted. From the moment we arrived to the moment we left, the staff treated us with white gloves service. Many fantastic restaurants such as the Tequilas and a gem of a find in Le Pain Quotiden.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family

I am delighted that you had such a pleasant stay with us and that you were able to experience the personalized service that we pride ourselves on. We very much appreciate your patronage of our brand and your loyalness in our Club Carlson program.

Thank you for giving me a new restaurant to try out as well!

Reviewed January 14, 2013 via mobile

Amazing! The room was fantastic, the staff in the hotel and the Tavern17 were very helpful and polite. Our room wasn't ready yet when we checked in which for us wasn't an issuse but they apologised and upgraded us plus they gave us a complementry breakfast for both mornings plus a couple free drinks from the bar. Nice looking hotel and great atmosphere. Great job Radisson!

1 Thank Clare F
Dear Guest:

Congratulations on your recent marriage! I hope your honeymoon here in the states was all you dreamed it would be. Although we did not have your accommodations readied in time for your arrival, I am delighted that you had such a pleasant stay with us and that you were able to experience the personalized service that we pride ourselves on.

NY
Reviewed January 12, 2013

This Hotel is in a good location and you can walk to many attractions easily. It is a historic building with a very nice looking spacious lobby. in room coffee was good quality. You can get free wired and wireless internet easily just ask front desk for an access code. Sleep number bed was interesting but we sort of can sleep on any bed so not a big deal for us. A/C was a bit too loud. The room we were given (716) was facing a quiet galley and we had a good night sleep. Early check in at around 1pm without any problem. There's even a free bottle water offered in our spacious room. In general, we recommend this hotel for downtown Philly.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank HouAndLee L

I am delighted that you experienced such a great night sleep and enjoyed our compliometnary amenities like bottled water, wireless internet and fair trade in room coffee.

I have shared your commen with the team and we all look forward to an opportunity welcome you back to the hotel.
New York City, New York
Reviewed January 12, 2013

Stayed here one night for work in January. Great central location and chose it since I could walk to where I needed to go for work. I had a rental car so I figured why pay for parking twice to park for work and then later at hotel. When I did pull up to the hotel, I was surprised to learn that valet parking was $34 overnight. I asked the doorman if there was less expensive parking close by and he pointed out a garage across the street and said it was $21 or $22 if I remember correctly. I chose to valet anyway since I was running late for work.

Check in was smooth and quick and they had a room even though I checked in a little early. The bell staff brought my bag up to the room professionally.

The room was clean and inviting though nothing special. It had one of those Sleep Number beds (king size) with a wireless remote. Personally I’m not a fan of those beds since I think they are too hard no matter what setting they are on. I prefer plush soft pillow tops and I could not find a comfortable number. The pillows were great though, soft and comfy.

The desk in the room had a sufficient number of outlets for electronic devices but personally I prefer to keep my devices with in arms reach of the bed. There were not enough available outlets close to the bed or nightstands.

The bathroom was very clean and not too small. There was plenty of space on the bathroom vanity for my toiletries and that was nice. There was even enough space for a his and hers side if you were to stay in the room as a couple. I particularly liked the Kohler sink faucet hardware. The aerator was clean and even and water pressure was good too. Now here’s what I didn’t like and I wish hotels would get this right more often.
1. All 3 sets of towels (face towels, bath towel and face cloth) were underneath the vanity and NOT within arms reach of the shower. A bath towel (at least 1) should always be within arms reach of the shower or bath by default. It shouldn’t be necessary to move the towel to some closer point (ex. on top of the toilet or strung over the shower curtain rod) before going into the shower.
2. There was no light above the bath or shower so it was poorly lit when the shower curtain was closed. It is important for one’s personal hygiene to actually see what one is cleaning while in the bath or shower. The shower curtain had the clear portion towards the top to let more light in, a feature worse hotels do not have, but this was insufficient for proper lighting.

The shower temperature control in the room I was in wasn’t right either. There was a micrometer of difference between the cold and hot water. So I had to move the lever back and forth several times to try to find the right temp. I gave up after a little while and chose to be burned a little as opposed to take a luke warm shower.

I had a small issue with the elevator controls too. The buttons on the outside of the elevator to choose up or down were “tactile sensor” buttons (touch sensitive). However the buttons to choose what floor you want inside the elevator that look exactly the same are push button. They should not be different on one elevator system. The reason I have an issue with this is (and if you ever go to this hotel let me know if you feel the same) that when I touched the elevator button to go up and then got into the elevator and just touched the button of my floor, the floor button didn’t light up. I had to touch the button a second time (to see if it was just me not touching it properly because maybe it was my finger that was wrong) and then a third time to actually press the button. Just a little annoying.

I had breakfast included with my room and the hotel offered a buffet. The layout was very nice but not first class. There were many of the standards and some extras like delicious broiled plum tomatoes topped with pesto. However for a spread of the level this one sought to be, a notable absence was smoked salmon. A huge disappointment came when I asked the server where the bagels were. She said that they do not serve bagels on the buffet and instead serve pastries. I mentioned to her that this was the first breakfast buffet I have been to in my life that does not regularly serve bagels. She just said sorry and went about her business. I tried not to let that disappointment linger but no bagels!? You have got to be kidding.

All in all it was a good stay at a very nice hotel and I’m sure most discerning travelers will enjoy it. Oh and hotel management if you read these things… no bagels?!?!? I’d rather be burned in the shower than not have a toasted bagel for breakfast.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Dear Guest:
Thank you for taking the time to let me know about your stay. You made note of some very fine details and I appreciate that.

Bagels. Yes, so many people prefer breads over pastries and it is a good idea to change it up a bit. Thank you for the suggestion.

We will be redesigning the hotel in 2013 and a new plush pillow top bedding package will be included in the redesign - and bathroom lighting - and new towel racks and - well much more. I hope you return to experience it all first hand!