“Good Experience” 4 of 5 stars

GreenLeadersGold level
NY
“Good Experience”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 12, 2013

This Hotel is in a good location and you can walk to many attractions easily. It is a historic building with a very nice looking spacious lobby. in room coffee was good quality. You can get free wired and wireless internet easily just ask front desk for an access code. Sleep number bed was interesting but we sort of can sleep on any bed so not a big deal for us. A/C was a bit too loud. The room we were given (716) was facing a quiet galley and we had a good night sleep. Early check in at around 1pm without any problem. There's even a free bottle water offered in our spacious room. In general, we recommend this hotel for downtown Philly.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Bill L
Joanne-1Hotel, General Manager at The Warwick Hotel Rittenhouse Square, responded to this review, January 18, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to let us know how you enjoyed your stay at the beautiful Radisson Plaza-Warwick Hotel.

I am delighted that you experienced such a great night sleep and enjoyed our compliometnary amenities like bottled water, wireless internet and fair trade in room coffee.

I have shared your commen with the team and we all look forward to an opportunity welcome you back to the hotel.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (141)
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
New York City, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 12, 2013

Stayed here one night for work in January. Great central location and chose it since I could walk to where I needed to go for work. I had a rental car so I figured why pay for parking twice to park for work and then later at hotel. When I did pull up to the hotel, I was surprised to learn that valet parking was $34 overnight. I asked the doorman if there was less expensive parking close by and he pointed out a garage across the street and said it was $21 or $22 if I remember correctly. I chose to valet anyway since I was running late for work.

Check in was smooth and quick and they had a room even though I checked in a little early. The bell staff brought my bag up to the room professionally.

The room was clean and inviting though nothing special. It had one of those Sleep Number beds (king size) with a wireless remote. Personally I’m not a fan of those beds since I think they are too hard no matter what setting they are on. I prefer plush soft pillow tops and I could not find a comfortable number. The pillows were great though, soft and comfy.

The desk in the room had a sufficient number of outlets for electronic devices but personally I prefer to keep my devices with in arms reach of the bed. There were not enough available outlets close to the bed or nightstands.

The bathroom was very clean and not too small. There was plenty of space on the bathroom vanity for my toiletries and that was nice. There was even enough space for a his and hers side if you were to stay in the room as a couple. I particularly liked the Kohler sink faucet hardware. The aerator was clean and even and water pressure was good too. Now here’s what I didn’t like and I wish hotels would get this right more often.
1. All 3 sets of towels (face towels, bath towel and face cloth) were underneath the vanity and NOT within arms reach of the shower. A bath towel (at least 1) should always be within arms reach of the shower or bath by default. It shouldn’t be necessary to move the towel to some closer point (ex. on top of the toilet or strung over the shower curtain rod) before going into the shower.
2. There was no light above the bath or shower so it was poorly lit when the shower curtain was closed. It is important for one’s personal hygiene to actually see what one is cleaning while in the bath or shower. The shower curtain had the clear portion towards the top to let more light in, a feature worse hotels do not have, but this was insufficient for proper lighting.

The shower temperature control in the room I was in wasn’t right either. There was a micrometer of difference between the cold and hot water. So I had to move the lever back and forth several times to try to find the right temp. I gave up after a little while and chose to be burned a little as opposed to take a luke warm shower.

I had a small issue with the elevator controls too. The buttons on the outside of the elevator to choose up or down were “tactile sensor” buttons (touch sensitive). However the buttons to choose what floor you want inside the elevator that look exactly the same are push button. They should not be different on one elevator system. The reason I have an issue with this is (and if you ever go to this hotel let me know if you feel the same) that when I touched the elevator button to go up and then got into the elevator and just touched the button of my floor, the floor button didn’t light up. I had to touch the button a second time (to see if it was just me not touching it properly because maybe it was my finger that was wrong) and then a third time to actually press the button. Just a little annoying.

I had breakfast included with my room and the hotel offered a buffet. The layout was very nice but not first class. There were many of the standards and some extras like delicious broiled plum tomatoes topped with pesto. However for a spread of the level this one sought to be, a notable absence was smoked salmon. A huge disappointment came when I asked the server where the bagels were. She said that they do not serve bagels on the buffet and instead serve pastries. I mentioned to her that this was the first breakfast buffet I have been to in my life that does not regularly serve bagels. She just said sorry and went about her business. I tried not to let that disappointment linger but no bagels!? You have got to be kidding.

All in all it was a good stay at a very nice hotel and I’m sure most discerning travelers will enjoy it. Oh and hotel management if you read these things… no bagels?!?!? I’d rather be burned in the shower than not have a toasted bagel for breakfast.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Dear Guest:
Thank you for taking the time to let me know about your stay. You made note of some very fine details and I appreciate that.

Bagels. Yes, so many people prefer breads over pastries and it is a good idea to change it up a bit. Thank you for the suggestion.

We will be redesigning the hotel in 2013 and a new plush pillow top bedding package will be included in the redesign - and bathroom lighting - and new towel racks and - well much more. I hope you return to experience it all first hand!
Dublin, Ireland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 11, 2013

Stayed here in November 2012. Location is great - walking distance to all the sights - and close to shopping as well. Room was lovely - really big - two large beds - robes and slippers provided. Coffee maker also which was handy. Bathroom was spotless and usual toiletries provided. We got vouchers for breakfast and free drink in the bar - the breakfast was fine - usual selection - juice, cereal, fruit, yoghurt, etc. as well as hot food - bacon, eggs, etc. We used the drink voucher in the bar before heading out to dinner so we didn't stay too long but it seemed fine. Overall a great first experience of Philadelphia.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Hays, Kansas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 10, 2013

Stayed at this hotel for 5 nights in late November and early December in 2012.

Pros: Excellent location to shops, restaurants, park, and subway stations. Great service and friendly staff. Free access to the fitness room and free business center (computer and printer/copier). Cheap price when booked it on a wholesale travel website. Fine restaurants and tavern inside the hotel.

Cons: The bathroom was very small. Our room on the 5th floor had no view and was located above a restaurant at the hotel. The window was sealed but the smoke from the kitchen could still come into the room. The smell was not terrible but we did feel like sleeping in a kitchen. We found a small roach-like bug in the drawer when we checked in. Reported to the frontdesk and received sincere apologies--but no re-arrangement was made. Of course we put our clothes and belongings outside the drawers during our stay.

Overall, we would recommend this hotel, but make sure to request a room at a higher level.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
Cocoa Beach,Florida
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 9, 2013

Just stayed in this hotel. Very central location in Philly near shopping and city hall. Hotel was nice but dated. staff was attentive. No room service except breakfast in the morning which was average. many restaurants close. Parking is valet and $34 so be ready if your driving. bathroom was small. overall I'would say this is 3 out 5. Also has sleep number beds which I dislike but I know is a personal preference.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
New York City, New York
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 8, 2013

This Radisson does what it needs to do: Provides a living space for you to do your thing. Nothing too memorable, but decent enough to be okay with your stay.

Location: Great location. Close to all the shopping on Walnut Street and walking distance to the Gayborhood.

Decor: Confusing. A mix between classic and modern but no through line. Halls are a bit dated, and rooms could use a face lift, but overall, for two week stay, it didn't need much more.

Service: Good service. The older male bartender could use a few happy pills but other than that no major complaints.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Cherry Hill, NJ
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 6, 2013

Stayed one night on Christmas Eve because of this hotel's location. Price was right but the hotel left a few things to be desired. Not enough coffee in the room.. no refrigerator... Good points were a comfortable bed and a spacious room.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled solo