“Enjoyable Stay” 4 of 5 stars
Review of The Warwick Hotel Rittenhouse Square

You added The Warwick Hotel Rittenhouse Square to your Saves list
The Warwick Hotel Rittenhouse Square
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   220 South 17th St, Philadelphia, PA 19103-6179 (City Center West)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Enjoy Savings of 10%
Ranked #27 of 84 Hotels in Philadelphia
GreenLeadersGold level
Portsmouth, Virginia
“Enjoyable Stay”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 3, 2013

The folks at Tavern 17 helped make this an enjoyable stay for my wife's birthday, especially the daytime bartender on 12/30 and the Chef. Good people. If I make plans to return to Philadelphia I will certainly remember this hotel and Tavern 17.

• 4 of 5 stars
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (138)
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
New York City, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 2, 2013

My wife and I stayed here for New Years while visiting some friends in Philadelphia.

The Rittenhouse Square location is fantastic. We're from New York where you can pretty much go most places in Manhattan safely. Philly is not like that, but walking around Rittenhouse even late at night is OK. It's also very convenient to transportation.

The staff was really nice. Check in and check out were really quick. When we first checked in and got up to our room, the window was open and the esteemed guest before us had clearly been smoking in the non-smoking room. We called down and they got us into another room right away.

The Wariwck is an old building, which is very cool, but it definitely shows wear in some places. Overall the place seems pretty well kept. The biggest con is probably the Sleep Number beds, but I think they have those in all Radissons. I guess it's a matter of preference, but those beds are like glorified air mattresses (as my wife says). I would not let that keep me from staying at a Radisson in the future though.

Overall, I would say go for it if you can get a good price for the Warwick. It was $300 for us for two nights including all taxes and fees.

Belcamp, Maryland
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 2, 2013

Stayed at this Hotel 2 times in the past year. Lobby is beautiful and service is ok. But the rooms really look like they have taken a severe beating throughout the years, which gives an all over impression of neglect.
1) Beds: They have sleepnumber beds, which I generally like, but if these beds or the remotes don't wotk you're in for a rough night. Impossible to adjust the sleepnumber for a lightweight, such as a child for example.
2) Furniture, decor: The furniture is the worst I have seen in a Hotel, and that includes Comfort Inns and the likes. EVERY piece of furniture shows well beyond the usual wear and tear. Scratches, dents, chipping paint, etc. make the room look run-down and cheap. The room decor is peculiar, as the style and colors absolutely do not match. Black-brown furniture, yellowish carpets and walls, red-green curtains...just weird.
3) Cleanliness: I check Hotel beds for dirt and bugs before I use them. The beds and mattresses are clean, an so are the sheets. The bathrooms are okay, I have found no offending traces of previous guests. A few dead stinkbugs strewn across the carpet here and there and some leftover cookie crumbs on the office chair was the worst "dirt" I could spot. Still not acceptable for this Hotel category in my opinion, though.
You get complimentary water and wifi, which is a plus, however no DVD player and each new movie is $18 plus tax to rent, which is a rip-off.

Tavern 17 is decent, but their lounge area shows the same neglect as their room furniture. You would expect to find better at a flea market. Truly appaling. With minimal effort and very small finacial investment this could be fixed and would tremendously impact the Hotel's appearance for the better.

If you book the Plaza Club level on the 11th floor around this time, you will have no lounge access but will instead be given drink-and breakfast vouchers, which work fine. Breakfast is Buffet-style in Tavern 17 and satisfactory.

The location of this Hotel is superb, as it is right downtown and close to everything.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
    • 2 of 5 stars
Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 1, 2013

I can't add much to what everyone else has said, but it is the place you want to stay in Philadelphia - right off Rittenhouse Square - wonderful area. Comfortable room and, yes, "Little Joes" is right across the street if you want to eat well and more cheaply. While I didn't read every review I wondered if anyone else drove because paying $34 for keeping your car in a parking garage from mid-Saturday afternoon to about eleven am on Sunday just seemed like a little much (and I noted that in my hotel review) - or were the rest of you driving those Maseratis and Porsches on the ground floor of the parking garage? Last place I was in by the bridge (name escapes me) provided a lower rate for your parking if you stayed at the hotel.

West Chester, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 31, 2012

Beautiful historic hotel amidst bustling, hip Rittenhouse Square. Fun, romantic weekend getaway. Nearby terrific restaurants and entertainment. Staff is extremely professional and accomodating. A great hotel for couples or professionals.

New York City, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 26, 2012

My fiance and I stayed at this hotel recently. Valet and front desk check-in was quick and courteous. The room was perfect - clean, comfortable, good mix of furniture, and an amazing bed! It was a king-size sleep number bed, so we each got to choose how firm/soft we wanted our sides of the bed to be. There were some really nice touches in the room, such as a small selection of herbal tea by the coffee maker, and a magnifying mirror in the bathroom. The only drawback was that the phone in our room didn't work properly - we tried to call room service in the morning, but got a strange dial tone. So, I dialed the front desk from my cel, they transferred me to room service, but nobody picked up after about 30 rings, so we went to a cute French bistro around the corner for breakfast. Silver lining!

4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 25, 2012 via mobile

Hotel location great 4 shopping/ Kimmel center and a TO DIE FOR diner across the street.

We had a few 'bumps in the road" but they 'made it right'.

They upgraded our room to 11th floor suite & comped breakfast buffet & drinks when refinishing bathroom across the hall had pungent fumes. They quickly sent bellman and a manager to assist our move.

When wake up call was forgotten they comped our lunch in the hotel cafe off lobby.

Understandably things go wrong with hotel accommodations. It is how mgt reacts that marks the success of a hotel. They receive an A+ . I will stay there upon my return and will recommend to family / friends .

• Stayed December 2012
1 Thank Chocoholicjr
Joanne-1Hotel, General Manager at The Warwick Hotel Rittenhouse Square, responded to this review, December 26, 2012
Dear Guest:
Thank you for taking the time to let us know how you enjoyed your stay at the beautiful Radisson Plaza-Warwick Hotel.

Although there were a few concerns as you mentioned, I am delighted that you had such a pleasant stay with us and that you were able to experience the personalized service that we pride ourselves on.

I have shared your comment with the team and we all look forward to an opportunity welcome you back to the hotel. Take care,