“Great value, great location”

Warwick Hotel Rittenhouse Square
Ranked #27 of 88 Hotels in Philadelphia
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed April 10, 2012

I have stayed elsewhere on previous trips to Philadelphia, but I was attracted by the great value and was not disappointed. I stayed on the club floor, with a king-sized sleep number bed, robe and slippers, free internet, a large desk and excellent lighting (although that bedside lamp buzzed something awful!). The room was well maintained and clean, with comfortable chairs. Included in the price of the room was a generous and delicious lay-out at snack time (5-7), including shrimp, tapenade, crackers and cheese, satay, tomatoes and cheese, and other snack food such as nuts and chips. Wine and beer were also complimentary, and there was hard liquor for purchase. For breakfast, there was again a great lay-out, with a variety of muffins and bread, oatmeal and toppings, a vegetable frittata, coffee, juice, fresh fruit, etc. The other offering, which I missed, was dessert from 7-8 pm. The timing on this should be extended, as I didn't get back from dinner until 8:30. I didn't go over to the club room at that time, so I'm not sure if the dessert was still available. Hotel service was very efficient, friendly and helpful, and I would stay there again. The location was great - one block from Rittenhouse Square, close to great restaurants like Alma de Cuba on Walnut near 17th, and within walking distance of the Art Museum and Avenue of the Arts theaters. I would steer clear of the rooms right in front of the elevator as I could easily hear the elevators ringing as they arrived and the people talking while waiting for them. Also, the bathroom was quite small, but for short stays it shouldn't be a problem. All in all, a good place to stay.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank lovetakingtrains
Write a ReviewReviews (2,210)

Reviewed April 9, 2012

We had a two-night stay that included a good buffet breakfast, and our stay was very pleasant.
You're right in the middle of restaurants and shops, near the beautiful Rittenhouse Square,
and the hotel has an elegance associated with tradition and comfort. Indeed, it was quite
comfortable, though our remote controlling the firmness of the mattress didn't work, and the
bathroom was a bit small. Everything was clean and in the right place; linens were spotless
and the staff friendly.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled as a couple
Joanne-1Hotel, General Manager at Warwick Hotel Rittenhouse Square, responded to this reviewResponded April 11, 2012

Dear Nan791,
Thank you for the review you posted on Trip Advisor. We appreciate the time you took to write about your experience. Enjoy the rest of your week and we hope to see you again soon.

Joanne Cunningham

Reviewed April 4, 2012

I just arrived home from my two night stay. The only reason I give the hotel a two star rating is because all of the staff I encountered were very nice. This is the highest star rated hotel I have stayed at, but by no means the best. Just when I was laying down to sleep on the first night I saw something scurry from under the dresser to under the bed. It was a mouse. Horrified, I called the front desk-they said they would send someone up. When they arrived they told me they had a new room for us. After they went down to get us a cart(how else was I supposed to pack up and move in a moments notice at 11:30 at night!) I had them double check under the beds and dresser in the new room. Mouse free-thankfully. I even checked myself, and found how disgusting under the beds were! The carpet is old. The walls are very thin-not sound-proof at all. Didn't realize how bad our first room was until we got to the new room. Our first room had no hot water in the sink. The toilet was directly next to the sink----so when you sat on it you were touching the sink. We didn't have a bath mat left for us, and there was no do not disturb sign in our room.
It was amusing how fast they tried to compensate with free breakfast buffets and an apology letter. It was extremely obvious that they have the sorry for the pest note saved and just insert your name. The breakfast buffet is terrible. If you pay for it it is 17.95. Practically highway robbery. We had a better complimentary breakfast buffet at our last lower star hotel. Overall-I would not stay again.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled with family
3  Thank Mom W
Reviewed April 4, 2012

This was paid for by work, but it had a comfortable bed and a nice breakfast buffet. Seemed like a solid basic hotel. I was worried by some of the other reviews on here, but I found my room fine and I'm glad the sheets were a duvet and not a nasty comforter.

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled on business
1  Thank yaytofu
Reviewed March 28, 2012

This hotel was beautiful! The rooms have super comfortable down comforters, pillows, and a Sleep Number bed! The room was clean and comfortable. The staff members were very friendly and accomodating. The location is also excellent! There were many wonderful bars, restaurants and shops all within walking distance. We will definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank lktorres063
Reviewed March 27, 2012

Great hotel, excellent location and very convenient because of the number of good restaurant near by. The buffet is superb and the wines selection is outstanding. Every time I come to Philly I try to book this hotel.

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled on business
1  Thank pepeblueyes
Reviewed March 25, 2012

I wound up here because I have only a few days to find a hotel. The place is horrible. The bathtub didn't drain. Silverfish in the room (at least we didn't have the bedbugs other have reported). The bathtub has peeling paint. The room is not even close to the picture on the web site. The breakfast buffet is $17.98 per person. While they offer on site parking they don't offer a discount if you stay at the hotel so the cost is $34.00. It's the most expensive garage in the vicinity. The walls are the thinest that I have ever encountered to the point were I could hear the elevator bell that was 20 feet away. There is also a club downstairs so the music keeps you awake all night.

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled on business