“Location, location, location” 3 of 5 bubbles

GreenLeadersGold level
Washington, D.C.
“Location, location, location”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 18, 2012

With my daughter applying to 11 colleges we are seeing a lot of hotel rooms this year, and the Radisson gave us the best rate for an overnight in Philadelphia. That's not to say it was a deal, just the least horrifying hotel tab for a prime downtown location. The lobby is large and comfortable and always full of people coming and going when we went through. You need your room key to access your elevator floor, which is a good security touch. Our room with two double beds was on the 12th floor with a view of the roofs of buildings and skyscrapers behind them. Two complimentary robes and pairs of slippers were laid out. Bathroom was clean but there were only two sets of towels laid out and three of us staying in the room; I thought there could have been a bit more generosity. I did not get around to calling for more so we coped with what was there. My husband and I had drinks and appetizers in Tavern 17 and they were good but wow, very expensive. In the middle of the night I was awakened by revelry on the streets, yelling and honking horns, though I couldn't see anything; my husband surmised it was bar closing time on Saurday night, and the windows did not seem to do much to keep the noise out. The one low point of our stay was the car valet. We called for our car before we checked out and went downstairs but then waited probably 15 minutes in a cold wind for it to materialize. Plus valet parking is a stiff $34. I think I would stay here again but will aggressively bargain shop other sites as well if Philly becomes a regular trip. Breakfast in the hotel restaurant is $18 a person; go to Pete's just across the street and you will get bacon, eggs and coffee for under $10 each.Overall, it is an okay downtown hotel but for the price I expected better.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank daisygirl59

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (165)
  • Finnish first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Northern Virginia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 16, 2012

This is a good not great hotel. It competes with the top hotels in town and in that respect is just average. Business rate rooms are around 250, can get groups for 189. Should also consider the Penn, double tree and Marriott.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank medsalesguy
Toronto
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 6, 2012

I stayed here for a couple of nights at the beginning of March this year on business. I've stayed here a couple of times before and always thought it was pretty good value for money and a reasonably maintained hotel.

The location is great too, just round the corner from some great restaurants on Rittenhouse Square.

The rooms are always clean, well stocked, and well serviced.

The free internet access in the rooms is also excellent.

On the downside, the breakfast I find overpriced for pretty mediocre quality and choice. They could certainly do more on this.

Other than that, it was cheaper than most of it's equivalent competitors in town, and is more than acceptable for a short stay for business or pleasure.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank jeepinaldo
White Plains, New York
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 5, 2012

We arrived to the hotel with several other families. The check in was quick and they made sure to put our rooms close to one anothers. Although my room was very clean, it was dark. When I looked out the two windows, our view was of abandoned factories and an alleyway. In the middle of the night there was a lot of noise that could be heard which woke us up several times. We actually thought our windows were open but they weren't. We did not complain since it was only for one night. We were given a coupon for a free drink which we enjoyed in the hotel resturaunt. The location of the hotel is in walking distance to great shops and resturaunts. Overall, the rooms were clean, beds comfortable and the service was good.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank nrs312
Harrisburg, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 4, 2012

The Radisson was wonderful. From the moment the valet took our keys and we checked-in ...we encountered amazing hotel staff. Very courteous and friendly. Our room was clean and the bathroom was very spacious. The location by Rittenhouse square is fabulous...in the heart of the best shopping on Walnut Street as well as some of the best restaurants in Philadelphia. This hotel is a must stay.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank vickie73_10
Honolulu, HI
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 1, 2012

I just arrived home from an enjoyable stay in Rm 501, spacious, CLEAN, several windows, nice working desk and separate sitting chair with ottoman, nice bed linnens and plenty of fresh, clean bath towels, toiletries, and a wide "waterfall" type of showerhead. The bath is finished out nicely (limited granite counter space, however). You just have to overlook the obvious age wrinkles in this beautiful grand old lady hotel (at the top of the list is the hallway and room carpet which is clean but soooo old and worn out looking and in need of replacement to fit with everything else around it). Location equals or trumps everything inside the hotel, however. Easy access to bus lines and a great neighbor for evening and night walking. . My housekeepers were unbelievable. Anita and Virginia were continually asking if they could do anything for me, even offered to service my room at what ever time i wanted! I wanted to take them home with me. I just had one very significant issue regarding the bed and the select comfort business. I'll downplay this since the general manager corrected everything very quickly. So I would have to say the managment and staff take the satisfaction guarantee seriously and the aim to please. Oddly enough, there are no two rooms just alike on any floor. So if you should have an issue about your room, the staff will do everything to please you and focus upon the particular thing that is such a priority for you, generally with lots of alteratives available. You simply don't need a car unless your'e traveling outside the city. I use public transportation and I love to walk in this beautiful & historic city, especially within the neighborhood surrounding the hotel. I guess I'll have an 8th stay coming up in the future.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank paulyduckduck
Cortlandt Manor
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 27, 2012

I just spent 4 nights at this hotel and it was wonderful. The staff were very courteous, while the room was spacious and kept very clean. This hotel is on South 17th Street just steps from Walnut Street. If you are planning a night out on the town this hotel is near several popular restaurants as well as the shopping district on Walnut Street. The bed was a "Sleep Number" Bed, which meant you could set how firm you wanted the mattress. I set mine all the way to 100 and had no morning back pain or stiffness. Nice hot shower too with great water pressure. Did not get breakfast included in my rate but there are several good places close by (especially Marathon on Sansom & South 16th St).
If you are looking for a nice place to stay, in a great neighborhood while not spending all your vacation $ on hotel expenses, the Warwick is defnitely worth it. I would certainly stay here the next time I'm in Philly.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled solo
1 Thank Cranky_Traveler50
RDPlazaPhiladelphia, Director of Sales at The Warwick Hotel Rittenhouse Square, responded to this review, February 28, 2012
Hello Cranky_Traveler50
Based on your user name I am thrilled that you enjoyed your stay with us! I will certainly share your comments with the team. Your time in posting is also appreciated as we hope your 3rd party review will ensure others are put at ease when selecting us. So many choices around here, we're honored to have you as our guest. Hope to see you again very soon! Thanks again.
Wishing you safe and stress-less travels,
Andy