“nice spot for a weekend”

Warwick Hotel Rittenhouse Square
Ranked #27 of 88 Hotels in Philadelphia
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed November 19, 2007

Stayed here while my wife ran the Philly half marathon. Reception was quick and very helpful. Room on the forth floor was a little too low as there was a lot of noise late at night from people spilling out of the bars in the area. Otherwise the sleep Number bed was very comfortable and the modern new decor was quite nice. The hotel measured up quite nicely to the expectations of a Radisson. The area that the hotel was located in had a number of nice shops and restaurants. It was about a half mile walk to the Franklin Institute and a little farther to the Philly Art Museum.

• Stayed: November 2007, traveled as a couple
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Write a ReviewReviews (2,210)

Reviewed November 14, 2007

We stayed at the Radisson Warwick for a convention. Relatively inexpensive compared to other hotels which is nice. 32" LCD in each room. Very clean.

Location was pretty convenient. Fairly centrally located, about 15 blocks to Independence hall and about the same to Museum Row. Not bad at all but a slight walk.

The best part was the proximity to the ING cafe at 17th and walnut. CHEAP coffee and pastry every morning. Weird that it is the only brick and mortar shop for the dutch bank ING. Plus, 30 min of free internet a day if you need it. The radisson gives free ethernet internet connection BTW.

Their business center sucks though. One ancient computer running windows 2000. Printer and copier both out of commission the entire time we were there. Just a note to business travelers.

Also, don't stay in a room facing the front of the hotel. 17th gets a decent amount of foot traffic which you will hear on the first few floors up. Not a big deal if you are higher.

One fire drill at midnight. Good times. We were there over Daylight savings time and there automated wake up system didn't "fall back" so woke us up an hour early. But they gave us a night off the bill for it.

Overall, not bad. Price and location are nice, you certainly won't regret staying here. 8 dollar cab ride to Pod restaurant. Walking distance to Susanna Foo's and the Continental midtown. All great restaurants.

• Stayed: November 2007, traveled on business
Reviewed November 10, 2007

I know they are not everyone's cup of tea but we do like inner city Radisson hotels and this one was no exception.

Located in an area of good restaurants and shops and within walking distance of a number of sites. It is however a 45 minute walk from the Liberty Bell and Old Town so we took a $10 taxi ride to visit these.

The hotel itself offers a restaurant, bar and two cafe's. Our room was spacious and clean. The bathroom was a good size, although the sink was a little high above the ground. Children would struggle to reach the taps. The bed like most Radisson's has a control that allows you adjust the support levels in the mattress to suit your needs.

The car parking is a valet service with a charge of $30 per night. You can self park for $28 per night if you wish.

All the staff were friendly and helpful and they managed to do some dry cleaning for me without losing any of my clothes.

From our experience this chain appear to offer that little extra service that the other hotels that fall within this bracket don't and we can fully recommend this establishment if you are visiting Philadelphia.

• Stayed: October 2007, traveled with family
2  Thank WakeyEngland
Reviewed November 7, 2007

After doing my reserach I felt I'd made the right choice for a nice relaxing somewhat pampered weekend at this hotel.
The lobby was pleasant and the staff friendly and helpful. Unfortunately things went south from there. I was pleased to get a corner room until I realized this corner room on the 6th floor is a noise magnet! Noises from plumbing and neighboring rooms were too easily heard as well and earplugs were mandatory.

The room itself looked okay, albeit smallish: bed was comnfortable and the TV was HUGE, but that's about where it ended for me. I was shocked to find there was no room safe (isnt this an industry standard especially in big cities?), there was no mini bar or robes in the room, and the advertised "granite tub" was nothing close. Towels were sad and the bathmat was just another towel. The carpet was badly frayed at the bathroom entrance and the bathroom itself had no heater and was very cold.
One plus: lots of pillows.

For the price, I was somewhat disappointed and would not recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: November 2007, traveled solo
Reviewed November 6, 2007

The hotel was nice...for the most part. Public areas were pleasant and attractive. Room was nice. Great Plasma TV, shower head, and linens.

However, I feel the value paid ($250/nt) is not worth the size of the room, the noise from the street, no robe, no hotel safe, no mini bar, dated tub, lack-luster toiletries. For that price, they need to earn the starts and upgrade.

I felt like I was in the boom-boom room.

• Stayed: November 2007, traveled on business
1  Thank JimAtlanta
Reviewed November 4, 2007

We stayed for two nights in the newly remodeled Radisson Warwick. Some exterior renovations seem to be ongoing. The lobby was sleek & upscale. The front desk employees were very kind & helpful.

We booked our room via Hotwire. Our room rate was $119 per night for two week day nights. I was a bit nervous about the way would be treated since our reservation was with Hotwire. We were treated wonderfuly. In fact our room was upgraded to what I would call a Junior Suite.

We had a very large room with a King bed, sofa, comfortable chair, flat screen tv etc.... The Sleep Number bed was nothing great. The bed was comfortable enough. Many pillows & nice sheets. Slept well!

The bathroom was well appointed but on the small side. Also a bit dark in the shower. Better lighting is needed in the bathroom.

We were in town for business. Sorry we did not have more time to spend in the room. It was an enjoyable place to return to after a long work day!

• Stayed: October 2007, traveled on business
Reviewed October 30, 2007

I stayed at the Warwick for one night while on a business trip.
I was really pleased with my stay.

The hotel is a historical building located near Rittenhouse Square. The location is fantastic. Nearby you have some great shops, restaurants, museums, art galleries and other historical monuments. The surrounding area is lovely, great for strolling around and it's safe.

The hotel has some what of a "ritzy" feel to it but lacking some minor details to get it to that complete ritzy level.

When you walk in from Locust Street there is a Porter and Bell Hop there to greet you. When you walk in you face 3 small desks where attendants are there to check you in. Checking in and out was quick and painless. Each one lasted about 2 minutes or so. The staff is really friendly and helpfull. The only thing I wished was that someone had offered to carry my overnight bag for me up stairs. No big deal, my bag was small but it would have been a nice added bonus.

My room was on the 7th floor, room # 709, which is a bit far from the elevator and a corner room. The room has a "Gold Points Room" Plaque on the outside. Which made me think "wow, it's not just a regular standard room". However, I got the feeling afterwards that it is and there is really nothing very special about a "Gold Points Room".

The room had a window with a view of the building next door that looked like some old parking lot. Nothing very nice to look at so I kept the shades closed while I was there. Apparently other sides of the hotel have nicer views, but not my "Gold Points Room".

The room size was average for American Standards. There was a King Size Numbers bed which was nice. Kind of fun to play with the settings and find one that suits you. But the bed didn't match up to the back board in the back. There was like a foot difference. Nothing bad about it, but it just didn't look right. Something you wouldn't expect to find in a "Gold Points Room".

The room had a huge flat screen TV which was fantastic! It had pay perview and some extra channels like CNN, HBO and the Discovery Channel. The rest are all pretty basic. The TV sits on top of a large dresser. It seemed that at some point in time the dresser housed a mini bar fridge, which had been removed. I've heard that many hotels in the US are getting rid of the Mini Bar fridge as it's a big expense for them - not sure if this is the same case.

The room had a spacious desk with free internet connection. And near the window was a chair and foot rest with a floor lamp. On each side of the bed stood a night table.

The bathroom was a regular size, nothing very big. It was clean and decent.

The room also had a connecting door to the other room next to it which is great for families.

The room and the outside hallway seemed like it had gone through some type of renovation - but not completely. The furniture in the room and the tiles in the bathroom all seemed new and modern. However the wall paper and the rug seemed "antique-ish". Not sure if this was something the hotel was trying to do on purpose, like have some old feel to it since the building is a historical old building. Personally, I think it was a little outdated and it could use new rug and wall paper.

My only 2 issues with the room was that the toilet made a loud noise after flushing it and the room is not sound proof. I heard my neighbors TV at night and could hear people talking in the hallway. Luckily this didn't go on late at night, but if it did it would have been a big problem.

I took advantage of the kettle and coffee the room came equiped with, as well as the alarm clock and iron. They all worked fine.

I ordered breakfast to be delivered at my door the night before. It came promptly and the food was good, although the breakfast menu was very basic.

Since my time was so limited I didn't have time to explore around or check out the other amenities.

I have no big complaints about the hotel. It's almost perfect. I would return and recommend it to others. I just probably would ask for a room on the other end and preferably with no neighbors.

• Stayed: October 2007, traveled on business