The Rittenhouse Hotel
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
  • Breakfast included
Warwick Hotel Rittenhouse Square(Philadelphia)
Sonesta Philadelphia Downtown(Philadelphia)
  • Pool
  • Room Service
  • Breakfast included
All reviewslibrary barla croixlacroix restaurantleading hotels of the worldturn down servicechocolate covered strawberriesfour seasonspark viewcookies and milkluxury hotelroom servicethe ritzsitting areaupgraded to a suitelarge bathrooman upgradethe entire staff
FilterAll languages
Reviewed December 13, 2010

Stayed here for the weekend adn thought the hotel was very nice. It is in a great location right on Rittenhouse Square, near shopping and restaurants. Hotel staff was very nice - thought the champagne on check in was a nice touch. We had a suite on the 7th floor which was huge. Comfortable bed, nice bathroom although the shower was kind of small and it took a bit for the hot water to get going. I called room service looking for red bull and they didn't have any but the guy said he would run across the street to the 7-11 for me. Nice, but I told him that wasn't necessary. Free wifi in the rooms also a nice touch - i find most nicer hotels charge for that. Had drinks in the bar that overlooked the square in the restaurant Lacroix. It looked very nice although we did not eat there. The only negative I can think of is that the wallpaper in the halls and rooms was a little worn looking - i think some things could use a little touching up but I would stay there again and I would recommend it to a friend.

• Stayed: December 2010, traveled as a couple
Management response:Responded December 30, 2010

Thank you very much for your kind comments. We are pleased that you had a good stay with us and i Iwill pass on your kind compliments to the staff. We recently began recarpeting all of the rooms and should be complete by end of January 2011, while repainting the rooms at the same time for a nice fresh look.

I wish you and your family a very Happy and Healthy new Year.

Reviewed December 3, 2010

I stayed here for 5 days on business. It is an excellent, traditional, small palace style hotel: classical style, old fashioned service, de luxe quality.

My room was so big, and had so many areas, that I got lost in it when I first arrived.

The Lacroix restaurant in the hotel is very good indeed: design, service and cooking.

The Smith and Wollensky Grill is attached to the hotel and is a small chain. In my opinion it is rubbish: everything a bit overcooked, daunting portion sizes, TV screens etc. Maybe some people love it?

And the hotel pool is too shallow and too small to be considered a proper swimming pool. It's soulless too.

But none of the negatives put me off at all. I'm going to be in Philadelphia frequently in the near future and part of the pleasure of my trips will be staying here again.

This is a very good hotel indeed. If you eat in Lacroix and don't need a great pool, it is one of the best.

• Stayed: November 2010, traveled on business
Management response:Responded December 30, 2010

Thank you for your review on Trip Advisor. We are all delighted that you had a pleasant stay with us and look forward to your return. i shall be sure to pass on your gracious comments to the staff.
May I, at this time, wish you and your family, a happy and healthy new year.

Reviewed November 25, 2010

I couldn't even begin to tell you how great this hotel is from the rooms, location, spa , and most of all the service! We showed up for breakfast at 10:15 looking forward to the buffet since we had our complimentary coupons and than found out it ends at 10am. So our server matt which i should mention was the cutest Altruistic person I ever met far as an employee went out of his way by asking his manager Meredith i believe, which was also extremely professional. So anyway he went back in to the kitchen and came out with six different plates of food that they serve on the buffet each morning. Not to mention he also accomdated us with fresh scrambled eggs served with potatoes and bacon! My husband and I were totally blown away by this and never witness anything like this before! We travel alot and just can't wait to come back to this hotel ! I was sincerely surprised several times by the staffs' intuitive service and care at this hotel. The staff thinks on their own and makes it very refreshing!

• Stayed: November 2010
Management response:Responded December 30, 2010

We do appreciate your taking the time to write such a nice review about your recent experience at the hotel, and especially the service you received in Lacroix. I will let the staff know of your kind words, and especially Matt and Meredith who you gave special mention to,.
We look forward to your return in 2011.
I wish you and yours a happy and healthy new year.

Reviewed November 1, 2010

Probably a little expensive, especially in their in-house steakhouse, but a very friendly clean and generally classy hotel. I'm glad we didn't take our travel agent's first suggestion of a hotel in the historic quarter, because it looked too quiet (dead). The Rittenhouse is in center city, with shops and good restaurants nearby. We've travelled a lot in the US, and Philadelphia proved to be one of the most friendly of cities.

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled with family
Management response:Responded December 30, 2010

Thank you for your kind review in Trip Advisor. We are delighted that you enjoyed Philadelphia and the hotel, and look forward to your return in 2011.
I wish you and your family a wonderful and happy new year.

Reviewed October 27, 2010

What a shame. My husband and I really loved this hotel. We had a lovely room with two bathrooms! Lobby was just beautiful and the floral arrangements quite stunning.
But at the end of our stay upon getting my three month old car back from valet, I noticed the rear bumber had been dented. It was a minor dent, but I was given a form to fill out and told that I would hear from the hotel, which I never did.
Personally, I was not even going to ask them to pay for it because it is a very small dent, however, it was due to their careless valet staff and the hotel should have called me regardless. Not a good way to get a return customer.

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled as a couple
Management response:Responded December 30, 2010

Thank you for your review on Trip Advisor and advising me about the incident with your vehicle.. We employ an outside service fto operate the valet operation. If the incident has not been resolved, please contact me immediately so I can follow up with the parking operator. Sorry for any inconveneince to you.

May I, at this time wish you and your family a happy new year.