This hotel is beautiful, and the photos online don't do it justice. We were greeted warmly at 12:30 a.m. and given a great room with a park view. Quick check in, which was appreciated since we were exhausted. As members of Leading Hotels of the World (worth the membership!!!), we received a complimentary continental breakfast, which was filling and delicious. I still think about the pastries. Of course we tipped for the great service at breakfast, but we were upset to see that a tip was added to our hotel invoice for breakfast as well. The cash tip that we gave was larger than the tip that the hotel added, which meant that our server received $20 each morning for our continental breakfast, which is excessive. Upon check-out, we were told that the hotel would remove the tip from our bill, but they never did. The rooms are luxurious, and after a long day of sight-seeing, we relaxed in the bathtub and lounged around in the comfy robes. The hotel provided great directions to points of interest, and we dined in the steakhouse next door to the restaurant, which was quite good. (Too bad there wasn't room in the hotel fridge for our leftovers. We ended up having to purchase a cooler with ice, which tells you how great the food was!!!!) The day after our return, I noticed there there was an additional charge of $115 on my credit card. I called the hotel and was told that this was for mini bar charges. We didn't eat anything from the mini-bar, so that was frustrating. However, upon being sent a revised invoice, I couldn't stop laughing because of the amount of items that we allegedly consumed from the mini-bar. Sodas, water, half a bottle of wine, popcorn, pretzels and just about every candy bar you can imagine. In short, way too much for two people to eat in one day and survive. The charge was removed, but I thought that a five-star hotel would think to call a guest and ask about such an excessive consumption of food before automatically charging a card. Although there were a few hiccups, we would definitely stay here again. Beautiful rooms and location, friendly staff, very relaxing experience, which is what we were looking for. Is this a five-star hotel? Can't say for sure, but we will be back!!!!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Forbes Four Star Award winning Rittenhouse Hotel is rated one of the top hotels in the world as well as #1 hotel in Pennsylvania by Travel + Leisure. The Rittenhouse has an ideal location directly on Rittenhouse Square for business or pleasure. Guests may walk out with easy access to boutique shopping, restaurants and the Center City business district is just steps away. The guestrooms at the Rittenhouse are the largest in the city, the smallest measuring 450-600 square feet, with views of Rittenhouse Square or University City. Guests enjoy complimentary Wi-Fi, overnight shoe shine and newspaper delivery to their room. Lacroix at the Rittenhouse is one of the top restaurants in Philadelphia with panoramic views of Rittenhouse Square. Immerse yourself in an oasis of relaxation in Center City with a menu of massage and salon services, spa packages and fitness center at the Rittenhouse Spa, Salon & Health Club with hair by Paul Labrecque. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Priceline, Agoda and Jetsetter so you can book your The Rittenhouse Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Rittenhouse Hotel Philadelphia
- Rittenhouse Hotel Philadelphia
- Rittenhouse Philadelphia