My husband and I won a night at the Rittenhouse Hotel and dinner at Lacroix at a charity auction. We were excited to spend time at this well-regarded hotel. The location, as many know, cannot be beat, as it is on Rittenhouse Square, which is a wonderful park, and close to all Center City Philadelphia locations and attractions.
Our check-in was smooth and our room was fine. Large, yes, with a city view. But the room seemed dated. Clean, but old furnishings. The bathroom was large with a tub and shower. I loved the bathrobe! Soft and comfy! The bed was firm and we had a quiet sleep. Appreciated the turn down service.
They offer a complementary sparkling wine or cappuccino at the new(ish) Library Bar. We really like this place and have stopped in for a drink (or two) when in the neighborhood. It is relaxed and service is a perfect 10. Love it as a great Philadelphia hotel bar.
Dinner at Lacroix was AMAZING. I'll do a separate review, but man oh man. Talk about service. And the food was outstanding, even for this vegan!
The fitness center and pool were being renovated, which was a bummer, but there was a small makeshift fitness center available onsite which we used. All guests could visit the Sporting Club at the Bellevue at no charge. The old Adolf Bieker Salon and Spa also moved offsite, so there was no salon/spa in house. I think they ARE planning for a new one to come in soon.
Valet parking was $49 a night.
If you have any desire, ask the front desk staff, as they are eager to help!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Forbes Four Star Award winning Rittenhouse Hotel is rated one of the top hotels in the world as well as #1 hotel in Pennsylvania by Travel + Leisure. The Rittenhouse has an ideal location directly on Rittenhouse Square for business or pleasure. Guests may walk out with easy access to boutique shopping, restaurants and the Center City business district is just steps away. The guestrooms at the Rittenhouse are the largest in the city, the smallest measuring 450-600 square feet, with views of Rittenhouse Square or University City. Guests enjoy complimentary Wi-Fi, overnight shoe shine and newspaper delivery to their room. Lacroix at the Rittenhouse is one of the top restaurants in Philadelphia with panoramic views of Rittenhouse Square. Immerse yourself in an oasis of relaxation in Center City with a menu of massage and salon services, spa packages and fitness center at the Rittenhouse Spa, Salon & Health Club with hair by Paul Labrecque. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Expedia, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Priceline, Orbitz, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, Cancelon, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your The Rittenhouse Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Rittenhouse Hotel Philadelphia
- Rittenhouse Hotel Philadelphia
- Rittenhouse Philadelphia