“fabulous customer service”

The Rittenhouse Hotel
Ranked #1 of 88 Hotels in Philadelphia
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed December 8, 2013

This review was inspired by a woman named Yvette on the housekeeping staff. As I was checking out, I noticed that I had lost an earring. It was special to me, and I was sad to lose it. I had already checked the room, but I thought I would give the housekeeping staff a heads up that I lost it, and show them the one I still had, so they would know what they were keeping an eye out for.

Yvette suggested that we go back in the room and look together. She said four eyes were better than two, and she found it for me! She was so genuinely kind and helpful, and it was a pleasure meeting her.

The front desk staff and the door staff and the night butler were also helpful and positive.

I enjoyed my stay. The room, and the hotel were lovely, and the location is great, but the staff makes all the difference.

I also loved that it is a completely smoke-free hotel.

Thanks to Yvette and her coworkers.

I will be back...

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled with family
3  Thank Denise M
Reginald A, General Manager at The Rittenhouse Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded January 8, 2014

Dear Denise,

Yvette is a wonderful asset to the Rittenhouse and is very kind of you to relay this lost & found story in your review. Occasionally guests leave behind belongings and without fail, our team of housekeepers reunites them with their owners.

In this case, Yvette truly went above and beyond. She has been given special recognition by us, thanks to you bringing it forward.

We look forward to seeing you again soon.

Reviewed December 8, 2013

Stayed here for 4 nights in one of the new Park Suites and can only reiterate what has been said by other reviewers. This is a fantastic hotel with excellent staff who go out of their way to accommodate any request. The suite was beautiful and it was so convenient to have the kitchen area. Can highly recommend this hotel to anyone visiting Philadelphia

Room Tip: The Park suites are newly renovated and have a beautiful view of the park
  • Stayed: December 2013, traveled on business
Reginald A, General Manager at The Rittenhouse Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded December 9, 2013

Very happy to have you with us all the way from the UK... We are very proud to offer our new Park Suites and are adding new amenities continuously, including our Library Bar, Cassatt Tea Room and Rittenhouse Health Club, Spa and Salon (opening spring of 2014).

We look forward to seeing you again whenever your travel brings you to Philadelphia. Thank you for taking the time to post your review.

Reviewed December 4, 2013

Florence Atif is the best person to go to whilst staying at the Rittenhouse Hotel in Philadelphia. She is knowledgeable, helpful and has a wonderful sunny personality.
The general feeling of this hotel is welcoming and they try to make your stay as comfortable as possible.
On one occasion I stayed here for an extended stay whilst my husband was in the hospital, everybody was amazing.
Florence makes my stay here comfortable and stress free.

Room Tip: To date I have stayed here many times over the years and all the rooms are quiet and well appointed.
  • Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Jan A
Reginald A, General Manager at The Rittenhouse Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded December 6, 2013

Dear Jan,

We could not agree with you more! Florence is a wonderful ambassador of the Rittenhouse and truly shines in every interaction. We are so pleased you feel the same way. Thank you for recognizing her efforts. We will be sure to give her the accolades she, and all of our associates who go above and beyond so richly deserve.

Best regards,

Reviewed December 2, 2013

Very accommodating, professional and friendly staff, especially the doorman, always pleasant and helpful with information on the area. Never disappointed in the last 3 years of staying at the Rittenhouse. The view and location are perfect. close to shopping and dining. Rooms are spacious and well appointed.

Room Tip: I called a head and they were able to check us in at 9 AM on day of arrival.
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled on business
2  Thank Lin W
Reginald A, General Manager at The Rittenhouse Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded December 3, 2013

Dear Lin,

We truly appreciate your recognition of our door staff. Seamus, Joe, Frank, Sonata and Dave are wonderful ambassadors who never miss the opportunity to extend themselves for guests, patrons and passersby alike. I will certainly share your review with them.

Thank you for being a loyal guest and we hope to see you again very soon.

Best regards,

Reviewed November 21, 2013

I'd been looking forward to visiting this property for a number of years. I wasn't disappointed even though I was unhappy about the fact that I found out when I arrived that their spa, gym and pool were under renovation. They have a temporary workout room which was OK under the circumstances. The location is great on the square; service was fine. Dinner and breakfast at the main restaurant were very good. I was upgraded to a park view suite on a top floor and it was a very nice room with excellent amenities. They put nice fruit in the room and the restaurant worked well with me on arranging a dinner tasting leaving out meat and shellfish (which was a bit difficult since virtually every item on the menu had one or the other). During the renovation, they have a car that will take you over to a nearby health club at another top hotel. I look forward to returning after the renovation is complete.

Stayed: November 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank 649ic
Reginald A, General Manager at The Rittenhouse Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded November 27, 2013

Thanks very much for sharing your Rittenhouse experience. We are excited to unveil our new health club, spa and salon next year and appreciate your understanding in the meantime. During the renovation, we will offer at least two alternatives and continue to offer all the amenities, service and location that we have become known for.

Best wishes to you and you family for the holidays and we hope to see you soon.

Reviewed November 16, 2013

Family birthday celebration. The staff was accommodating and friendly. Amenities were great. I was very impressed with the kid's program. Ours loved the kid-sized robe and slippers, cookies and milk at bedtime, and Philly book and games. We enjoyed our stay and would definitely return.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
Reginald A, General Manager at The Rittenhouse Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded November 18, 2013

Dear VNB,

Please let us know how we can earn your highest marks in all areas. We are very grateful for your overall review, however we are always looking for constructive feedback in any area that my not be as strong as another.

Many thanks for your input and we hope to see you again very soon.

215-790-2527

Reviewed November 13, 2013

I come to Philly about once a year. The Rittenhouse is where my organization puts us up. This is a top flight hotel with superb rooms and excellent service. I am always greeted by the doorman with a smile and a warm and sincere "Welcome to the Rittenhouse" (and even "Welcome back to the Rittenhouse" if he remembers me). The front desk staff are very professional and efficient. You get a choice of several newspapers, and an immediate offer for your wake-up call. The rooms are large and great to relax in or to get work done. NOTE: Unlike similar high end hotels, high speed wireless internet is NO EXTRA CHARGE. I love this. I hate paying top dollar for a room and getting charged for internet. However, don't touch the minibar items unless you have deep pockets. $8 for a bottle of water (and we complain about $4 for a gallon of gasoline!), and $4 for a 1oz bag of chips. The bathroom amenities are very nice, and they have plush bathrobes to wear (slippers too put at the bedside every night). They have a wonderful, but very expensive restaurant on site, or there are dozens of great little places to eat in the area. There is also a Smith and Wolensky attached to the hotel as well. So, overall, this is a really great place to stay. I never have a complaint.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled on business
2  Thank Charles L
Reginald A, General Manager at The Rittenhouse Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded November 14, 2013

Dear Charles,

We are very happy to have you as our guest and thank you for your review. Look for new additions to our mini bar offerings, which we will try to make as competitively priced as possible. Also please let us know if there is anything in particular you would like to see on future stays so we may personalize your experience as much as possible.