The Rittenhouse Hotel
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
  • Breakfast included
Warwick Hotel Rittenhouse Square(Philadelphia)
Sonesta Philadelphia Downtown(Philadelphia)
  • Pool
  • Room Service
  • Breakfast included
All reviewslibrary barla croixlacroix restaurantleading hotels of the worldturn down servicechocolate covered strawberriesfour seasonspark viewcookies and milkluxury hotelroom servicethe ritzsitting areaupgraded to a suitelarge bathrooman upgradethe entire staff
FilterAll languages
Reviewed October 4, 2013 via mobile

My friends and I stayed here during the Made in America music festival! We felt so comfortable and at home in this hotel. Perks galore!! Not to mention the perfect location for walking home after partying. Excellent service from beginning to end

Stayed: August 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank Kay S
Reginald A, General Manager at The Rittenhouse Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded October 7, 2013

Dear Kay,

Whether in town for a concert, shopping, dining or sight seeing, we agree that you can not beat our location. In addition, we truly try to provide personalized service to every guest on each visit.

Thank you so much for recommending us to others and don't wait for the next Made in America show to pay another visit.

Best Regards,

Reviewed October 1, 2013

Stayed at "The Rittenhouse" this past weekend while in town for a wedding. Wonderful experience. The staff was very friendly, the amenities were extremely decadent and the accommodations were luxurious. I cannot wait to visit again!!

• Stayed: September 2013
2  Thank lorri64
Reginald A, General Manager at The Rittenhouse Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded October 2, 2013

Dear Lorri,

We can't wait to have you back...We truly appreciate your endorsement of our most prominent point of difference, service.

Many thanks,

Reviewed September 24, 2013

The Rittenhouse Hotel is lovely. The main floors are beautiful with a jewel box of a bar tucked away in the back. La Croix is superb (although I was only there for a cocktail and for breakfast the next day). The room was nice, but needs a bit of a facelift (which I understand is in progress). We had a nice upgrade to a larger room and it had a fabulous view. The staff was very nice and cheerful! They made you feel at home!

Room Tip: ask for a view of the Square.
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled on business
Reginald A, General Manager at The Rittenhouse Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded September 25, 2013

Dear Ms. Walker,

Senior contributors to TripAdvisor often have the most perceptive insights to what sets us apart from others. We are very proud of our Library Bar and new offerings throughout the property. Coming soon this spring will be a new health club, spa and salon. One thing that does not change is the quality of service from our dedicated. They truly enjoy looking after you and it shows. Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts with others.

Best regards,

Reviewed September 23, 2013

I've stayed at the Rittenhouse twice in recent months -- once for business (a quick one-night trip) and once for pleasure (special birthday celebration for my wife) and the hotel stood out on both occasions for the quality of their service throughout and prime location.

I've stayed at several of the other top-end hotels in Philly (including the Ritz Carlton and Four Seasons) a few times and while the rooms at all three fall roughly into the same category of luxurious, comfortable, but not particularly modern, the Rittenhouse manages to stand head and shoulders above through all the "little things" they do right. For example, the new Library Bar noted that it was my wife's birthday and brought a special amenity (a little cake styled as a Tiffany box) despite the fact we were just having one round of pre dinner drinks. Dinner at Lacroix on my business trip was also thoroughly enjoyable, with a great setting overlooking Rittenhouse Square, warm, friendly service, good food and lots of extras. The fitness centre is a touch dated (to be renovated soon), but does offer a full range of equipment in a bright setting (and is better than the basement gym in the Ritz or the Four Seasons).

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank clydethetraveller
Reginald A, General Manager at The Rittenhouse Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded September 24, 2013

Dear Clyde,

it is a pleasure to read your impressions of the Rittenhouse Our team here truly tries to make every interaction as personal and welcoming as possible. Thank you so much for recognizing our efforts. We look forward to seeing you again whenever you are in the neighborhood.

Best regards,

Reviewed September 22, 2013

I just returned from my twelfth stay at the hotel. It is a very special place. Exceptional service is the main thing. Impeccable. People always polite and go the extra mile, never making you feel they want to rush on to something else. I have only seen this level of service at the top hotels of the world. It is also beautiful: rooms and public places. I have loved it as it was and I am hoping the new renovation will not take away its special-ness, which I guess lies mainly with the staff. They have made the furniture in the lobby more modern and have renovated some rooms in a style that is more commercial and less homey than in the past. Also gone under the new management is the free champagne (endless glasses that is no doubt why this is a thing of the past) that greeted guests lucky enough to arrive at certain times. Still I would surely say that staying anywhere else by here on a visit to Philly is a big mistake. I have stayed at both the Ritz and the 4 Seasons and this place is in a different league. The reviews do not do it justice. Don't miss T on Saturday and Sunday and enjoy the very large pool. Interesting the lowest end rooms in my experience are fabulous and often better than the suites, excepting those on the third floor which have been recently renovated and, though modern, are just great. Many of the rooms have a TV in the bathroom, a touch an addict like me appreciates. Also worth checking out the deals of using either Platinum Amex or Leading Hotels of the World Club to get free upgrades and other goodies.

Room Tip: Many people find the cheapest rooms as good as the suites, except for the special suites like those on the third floor which have recently been renovated. The lower end rooms have a very interesting shape and are also well furnished in traditional style.
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled on business
2  Thank ronaldfairbairn

Dear Ronald,

We truly appreciate you taking the time to post your review of the Rittenhouse. We have undergone and continue to perform significant upgrades to the property in order to keep our offerings up to par with our service levels. Your points are well taken and valuable as coming from a seasoned traveler.

We will look for you on future visits. Thanks again.