This is the first time I've stayed at the Rittenhouse. Check-in wasn't available in the morning but the front desk staff took my cell phone number and called me when the room was ready. An upgrade room was provided that was roomy and comfortable. The bathroom was large, well appointed, and inviting. I didn't care for the bath amenities but I do realize that they were high end and quality nonethess. I liked the fact that the elevator was nearby my room but not close enough to here the cars going up and down. The food was excellent, and I highly recommend the buffet breakfast. Interestingly, when I arrived at the room, there was no plant in the room. Later that day, a large indoor plant arrived to liven up the room. I suppose they only put them in the room when a guest is actually assigned that room.
The only complaint I had was that the shower handles to control the water actually needed a sign (that was actually provided!) to get hot water to issue. After following the sign's direction in the shower on how to turn on the hot water (first time I've seen such a sign in my many hotel stays), I still could not get hot water to come out. I actually had to call maintenance and voila, the hot water worked. Goes to show that if have to put a sign in the shower stall to learn how to get hot water, then a simpler faucet would be better.
The food was superb, well presented, and delicious. The wait staff was incredible. I had a petit filet mignon and it was one of the best prepared pieces of beef I've ever had. The service staff throughout the hotel were cordial, polite, and helpful.
Check out was fast and efficient. I would definitely stay here again on my next trip to Philadelphia.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Forbes Four Star Award winning Rittenhouse Hotel is rated one of the top hotels in the world as well as #1 hotel in Pennsylvania by Travel + Leisure. The Rittenhouse has an ideal location directly on Rittenhouse Square for business or pleasure. Guests may walk out with easy access to boutique shopping, restaurants and the Center City business district is just steps away. The guestrooms at the Rittenhouse are the largest in the city, the smallest measuring 450-600 square feet, with views of Rittenhouse Square or University City. Guests enjoy complimentary Wi-Fi, overnight shoe shine and newspaper delivery to their room. Lacroix at the Rittenhouse is one of the top restaurants in Philadelphia with panoramic views of Rittenhouse Square. Immerse yourself in an oasis of relaxation in Center City with a menu of massage and salon services, spa packages and fitness center at the Rittenhouse Spa, Salon & Health Club with hair by Paul Labrecque. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Expedia, DerbySoft Ltd Shanghai HQ, Orbitz, Cancelon, Hotwire, Priceline, TripOnline SA, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your The Rittenhouse Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Rittenhouse Hotel Philadelphia
- Rittenhouse Hotel Philadelphia
- Rittenhouse Philadelphia