4 people are viewing this hotel
Lock in the lowest price from these sites
$458
eDreams$458
CheapTickets$458
Traveluro$543
1,034 results
All reviews library bar la croix treasure chest chocolate covered strawberries park view room service fabulous hotel beautiful room the entire staff center city spa scarpetta concierge philly luxury turndown valet
Selected filters
Reviewed August 8, 2011

My summer US trip started in Philadelphia.
Rittenhouse seemed to be one of the best, if not the best, and the price was not exxagerate, so I payed it a visit.
I was not disappointed.
Location is not perfect.
Rittenhouse square is a nice one, is not so far from main attractions, but still not very close to any. And maybe too quiet at evening.
Anyway, the hotel is very nice. Service is good, staff is helpful, and all public spaces are quite classy.
I've found the room very beautiful, not a modern style still not ancient, furniture seemes quite new, and generally speaking the room was very large for a big city standard, so was the bathroom.
Large LCD tv, free wifi, outside view was not excellent but I can imagine not all rooms can have a perfect view.
The only thing I really didn't like was the layout in the room corner.
I had windows at a corner with separate curtains starting in the corner, with a couch just in front of it. Curtains are manually operated, so reaching them with the couch behind was a little difficult.
Considering this, I'd love to know the genius that decided to put a large and tall plant just between the couch and the point where curtains had to be opened.
The operation this way became a sort of "indiana Jones" work every morning.
Luckily, this was the only issue to list, so I'd easily suggest the Rittenhouse

• Trip type: Traveled solo
1  Thank fabry73
curious53158, General Manager at The Rittenhouse Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded August 9, 2011

Thank you for the great review that you sent to Trip Advisor, and thank you for alerting us to the poor location of the plant which we shall relocate today to facilitate the opening and closing of the curtains. We appreciate your input!

Reviewed August 7, 2011

I traveled with my husband and two sons (ages 7 and 11) for a short family trip to Philadelphia. From the moment we arrived we encountered nothing but extraordinary service. The staff really went out of their way to make you feel welcome. Even though we arrived over an hour before "check-in", the hotel had a wonderful room ready for us. The room was large, clean and wonderfully appointed. After returning from a walk around the area, my children entered the room to find posters and a plate of cookies and milk waiting for them (a really nice touch!). The rooms were quiet and the hotel lobbies and hallways were nothing short of immaculate. After a long day of sightseeing my boys really enjoyed the indoor spa pool (again, immaculately kept). The concierge at the front desk was very informative and always happy to help us either find our way around the city or find a kid friendly place to eat.

We loved our stay at the Rittenhouse Hotel and would gladly recommend it to anyone!

• Trip type: Traveled with family
2  Thank kdg1116

We are so pleased that you and you and your family enjoyed your visit to Philadelphia and The Rittenhouse, and thank you for taking the time to write a review to Trip Advisor.

Reviewed August 4, 2011

My husband and I stayed at the Rittenhouse for a one-night getaway for our anniversary. We chose this hotel for it's reputation, and we were NOT disappointed! From check-in, you feel like a VIP. We were offered champagne and chocolate-covered strawberries at right away-- this started our stay off beautifully! The room was absolutely decadent-- tastefully decorated with classic elements. The view of the city was amazing-- we didn't want to leave our room! Another great bonus was the $100 voucher for food and beverage. We used this at the hotel restaurant for brunch, and it was the single-best brunch I have ever had. We plan to make this a yearly venture-- the Rittenhouse was the perfect setting for a romantic, relaxing and luxorious stay!

Date of stay: September 2010
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
1  Thank JLCGN729
curious53158, General Manager at The Rittenhouse Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded August 8, 2011

We all wish you a very happy anniversary and thank you for writing a review to Trip Advisor. We appreciate your gracious comments about your arrival, the staff and the Sunday Brunch in our restaurant, Lacroix. We look forward to your return.

Reviewed August 2, 2011

The title says it all. The hotel was as good as any in which I've stayed in a long time. Really everything about the place was just right. The doormen and front desk people were friendly and helpful. The concierge took care of us with good recommendations and restaurant reservations. The bar has a great view and impressive wine list. The hotel has an old-world feel to it, but very much provided the modern conveniences and comforts expected in a 5 star hotel. I look forward to returning again...

• Trip type: Traveled on business
1  Thank Dublin_Yank
Management response:Responded August 3, 2011

How nice to have a wonderful Trip Advisor international review all the way from Dublin, Ireland.
We appreciate that and hope to see you again on your next visit to the United States.

Reviewed July 31, 2011

Rittenhouse hotel has lived up to its reputation, excellent service from the time you walk into the door, very comfortable beds, clean rooms and excellent service leaving the hotel.

My only distress is the ritten square but that is not part of the hotel. Keep it up Rittenhouse staff, excellent job !

• Trip type: Traveled on business
1  Thank japs747
Management response:Responded August 3, 2011

So very nice of you to share your positive visit with Trip Advisor.
Thank you for taking the time to do that. We look forward to your staying with us again, in the not too distant future.