My husband and I stayed overnight at the Rittenhouse for a business meeting. Upon check-in we received champagne, chocolate covered strawberries, and cookies, which we great because we were scheduled for a late dinner and hadn't eaten for a while. The room was clean and nice. The hair dryer was fastened to the wall in a peculiar manner that shortened the cord significantly, which made it difficult to blow-dry my hair. I would bring my own hair dryer next time! The turn-down service was nice (two little chocolates), as was the complimentary shoe-shine, free wireless internet, and choice of three newspapers in the morning (although they got our newspapers wrong). I'm sure most people looking at a 5-star hotel would like the service, but we felt a little smothered every time we walked through the lobby - sometimes, you just want to be left alone. On the other hand, out of all the times we walked in and out of the hotel, only once did the doorman actually get the door for us (which is where we would have preferred more help since we were carrying luggage and whatnot). Our spa appointments were very nice - my only concern was that the spa locker room was the same as for the swimming pool, and when I returned from my relaxing spa service, there were a bunch of little kids (boys and girls) taking showers, singing, and fighting with their mother - not relaxing. Overall, the trip was a nice diversion from our daily lives, but I don't think I'm the five-star hotel type, and I certainly wouldn't go back if I had to foot the bill myself. But, if you like that sort of thing, you can't beat the location for downtown Philadelphia.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Forbes Four Star Award winning Rittenhouse Hotel is rated one of the top hotels in the world as well as #1 hotel in Pennsylvania by Travel + Leisure. The Rittenhouse has an ideal location directly on Rittenhouse Square for business or pleasure. Guests may walk out with easy access to boutique shopping, restaurants and the Center City business district is just steps away. The guestrooms at the Rittenhouse are the largest in the city, the smallest measuring 450-600 square feet, with views of Rittenhouse Square or University City. Guests enjoy complimentary Wi-Fi, overnight shoe shine and newspaper delivery to their room. Lacroix at the Rittenhouse is one of the top restaurants in Philadelphia with panoramic views of Rittenhouse Square. Immerse yourself in an oasis of relaxation in Center City with a menu of massage and salon services, spa packages and fitness center at the Rittenhouse Spa, Salon & Health Club with hair by Paul Labrecque. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Priceline, Agoda and Jetsetter so you can book your The Rittenhouse Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Rittenhouse Hotel Philadelphia
- Rittenhouse Hotel Philadelphia
- Rittenhouse Philadelphia