“Insensitive to Customer's Concerns”

Renaissance Philadelphia Airport Hotel
Ranked #54 of 85 Hotels in Philadelphia
baltimore, maryland
“Insensitive to Customer's Concerns”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 2, 2009

Worst service ever!! Don't stay in the over priced hotel with the worst service I have ever encountered.

They were responsible for the damage of some of my clothing items, no one even offered to replace, send me a card, nothing. I had to buy new.

• Stayed May 2009, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (103)
Lancaster, PA
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 16, 2009

I was immediately drawn to this hotel by the 10-day (I think) parking for airport travelers (especially with the gated parking lot!). We stayed there the night before the flight. Got up at 4:30 AM to hit the airport for an early morning flight. The service at this hotel is unmatched. However. the rooms were somewhat noisy. You could hear neighboring room and outside noise in the courtyard. However, we didn't mind because we just wanted to get to the airport as stress-free as possible and this hotel provided that. I probably would not stay there again UNLESS I had another early morning flight.

• Stayed August 2008, traveled as a couple
Bethesda, Maryland
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 14, 2009

I stayed just one night here, but it was certainly a pleasant stay. I loved the little extras that I normally don't get other places; the nightly pretzel, chocolates on the pillow, and the Philadelphia Mike's soda. The only reason I didn't get this hotel the full five stars is the room I was in was a bit dated (old CRT television and well-worn desk). No big deal because it was all clean. Overall, an enjoyable stay.

• Stayed June 2009, traveled solo
Phoenix, Arizona
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 10, 2009

Stayed one night prior to starting a business trip. I'd stayed at another Renaissance property in Dallas in May so I pretty much knew what to expect &, for the most part, the property didn't disappoint.

Beds are wonderfully comfy. I actually had a mini-fridge in my room, though it would have helped if someone had actually plugged it in. Bathroom was quite large & nicely decorated. Cable tv line-up was more extensive than one usually finds in a hotel. The hotel restaurant, which IS open every night for dinner (despite claims to the contrary by the front desk staff) was very nice, especially the tilapia which is part of their new 'T.A.R.P.S' menu-most definately recommend it!!

The downside is that this hotel is literally out in the middle of nowhere. When my friend came to pick me up the next day, the front desk gave her a total of 4 different street address' for her to use in her GPS to pick me up, but the GPS system couldn't find any of them. Also, be warned, this hotel is the layover spot for at least 2 different airlines & the flight crews tend to take over the airport shuttles w/little regard to the rest of the passengers on-board (I had the misfortune of having to ride w/a crew from both Delta & Southwest & it wasn't pleasant).

• Stayed June 2009, traveled solo
Illinois
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 13, 2009

Despite the remote location my wife and I thought this hotel was very nice. Specifically the room was excellent and the bed quite comfortable. The door key did not work and it took 15 minutes to get that resolved. I find it hard to believe that the staff did not know about this key pass malfunction for this specific room. Other than that it was pleasant stay. The cab- which was small with no AC and the fare to the ballpark was $25 each way and given the $50 extra it might have been nice to stay in a Philly proper hotel and not have to worry about getting a cab. However it was convenient to the airport notwithstanding it's very confusing locale especially when the visitor is alone or travelling at night in a rental car. Staff at the desk was very friendly...

• Stayed April 2009, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Kayo55
Sacramento, CA
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 4, 2009

I had clients booked at this hotel. Upon arrival last night, the clerk had no reservation. They called me and I referenced the confirmation numbers to the call center. The call center indicated the HOTEL cancelled the reservations on April 29. No reason for the cancellation was stated. One client complained of poor A/C in his room and they both had no hot water this morning. The hotel did give them 10,000 bonus points for the inconvenience. I have conducted several events in this hotel in the years past and never had problems. I must agree with other reviews that the hotel is aging.

• Stayed May 2009, traveled on business
1 Thank Ariktravel
Allentown, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 10, 2009

There were issues with the food but they took care of. We had a convention there. Staff was very friendly and helpful.

• Stayed March 2009, traveled on business
1 Thank IsupportRonPaul
Also consider these accommodations in or near Philadelphia
La Quinta Inn & Suites Philadelphia Airport
aloft Philadelphia Airport
aloft Philadelphia Airport
#56 of 85 in Philadelphia
Sheraton Suites Philadelphia Airport
Hampton Inn Philadelphia-International Airport
Embassy Suites by Hilton Philadelphia Airport
Wyndham Garden Philadelphia Airport

Been to Renaissance Philadelphia Airport Hotel? Share your experiences!