“Time for a refresh” 3 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #55 of 85 Hotels in Philadelphia
Twin Cities, MN
“Time for a refresh”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 13, 2014 via mobile

Stayed at the Renaissance Philly airport for the 2014 Men's Frozen Four. Hotel is more what I'd expect from a Holiday Inn and did not live up to the Renaissance brand. Lobby was nice and recently refreshed, though that stopped at the bar and did not move into the restaurant. Rest of hotel is worn, dated, and desperately needs a makeover (includes rooms). Our bathroom wallpaper was bubbled and loose in numerous spots. The carpet was warn and ready for replacement. Also, had an Asian beetle problem in the room. It seemed mostly clean but very worn. Service was less than average. We didn't get housekeeping one day and service at the bar and restaurant were both very slow.

It's what I may expect from a lesser brand but not a Reniassance. For the right rate might stay again, but not likely without a great rate.

Stayed April 2014
integrity_9, General Manager at Renaissance Philadelphia Airport Hotel, responded to this review, April 19, 2014
Dear Valued Guest,

We appreciate your feedback regarding your recent visit. The lobby and bar areas did turn out great. The restaurant was actually renovated a few years ago. We have taken your concern to note though and will revisit the appearance.

The guest rooms floors are under discussion to be renovated. During this time of planning we continue to improve and commitment to the cleanliness of our guest rooms. Weekly projects are being completed to ensure our guest's comfort and satisfaction. We have already purchased and implemented the new linen package for bedding as well as bathroom.

I understand your disappointment in the service and this was surprising to us as we are currently ranked well in the brand. We will take your comments back to the staff and ensure that the necessary changes take place.

Again, thank you for sharing your insight and know that we will reflect and commit to a better experience on your next stay.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (100)
Hull, Massachusetts
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 12, 2014 via mobile

They are VERY close to the airport. I liked the size of the room, the comfortable bed and the friendly front desk. However, when I checked in, the door was broken to my room and had to go down to the front desk for a new room, the bathroom could have been cleaner (grime on bathroom sink and toilet handle) and the parking lot was quite full so you have a way to walk around the pond. Not sure if it was an isolated bad visit or if this is expect each time.

Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
integrity_9, General Manager at Renaissance Philadelphia Airport Hotel, responded to this review, April 14, 2014
Dear Valued Guest,

I appreciate your feedback regarding your recent stay. I have shared your insight with our housekeeping department and will take steps to ensure that additional detailing is done in each bath. We pride ourselves in holding to a high level of cleanliness and will ensure that your experience never happens again.

Regarding the parking situation, we are on a natural preserve and the pond is protected land as we have many wildlife. I understand the frustration of having to park further from the building. We normally do not have a large amount of traffic in the lot as most guests use our shuttles to get to the airport. Though if we have a wedding or social event this may cause our guests to have to walk a bit further.

I hope you will consider this an isolated event and stay with us again.

Bavaro, Dominican Republic
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 11, 2014 via mobile

The hotel is really nice, nice lobby, food at the reetaurant amd room service is very good. Like the design of the lobby amd the modern decoration that they have.

Only 3 things happened that will complain :

1- on my first night when I was ready to take a shower I found the tub with 3 inches of water.... the maid didn't realized this and honestly is very disgusting to find your tube like that; says much about the cleaning of the room

2- room service knock my door at 11 pm by mistake. I was already sleeping because had a 4 am flight. So you can imagine... I was veey upset; but understood the guy as is was clearly a mistake

3- wifi in the rooms sucked. 12.99 per 24 hours and so far I will said has been the worst wifi connection that I had

Dear Valued Guest,

I wish to apologize to you for the challenges you experienced on your recent visit. I was shocked to read about what happened with your tub. All rooms are inspected by a manager prior to being placed back into the system for sale. I as the General Manager take pride inspecting several rooms each day to ensure quality. I am researching this as I feel that this room might have had an engineering problem and was not resolved correctly.

I appreciate your understanding regarding the Room Service staff and you are right that better care should be taken.

Regarding the WiFi we will be completing an entire upgrade to our system at the end of the month. We will be installing all new access points that will give our guests an enitirely new experience.

I hope that you may join us again as it does seem that you found other points of the hotel favorable. I want to assure you that your feedback is valueable to us and we promise to follow up on your concerns.

Sincerely.
Pembroke Pines, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 10, 2014 via mobile

I'm Marriott Platinum member and I really like this place! It feels like a home away from home! I haven't stayed here in months and I was greeted with hugs from staff. My own family isn't that welcoming!! The lobby is beautiful. They always have Philly soft pretzels when you check in! The rooms are spacious and clean, but somewhat dated. I love staying here because of staff....namely Patrick, Pam , Henri , Otis , and Philipe. When you stay at this property your family! Good location, wonderful accommodations and the BEST staff! You'll love it here!

• Stayed April 2014
East Kingston, New Hampshire
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 7, 2014 via mobile

As soon as I arrived at the front door the staff was helpful. My bags were brought up for me and the layout of the property was explained. A little chic and upscale. The rooms are very clean. A little worn but comfortable. Comfy bedding and the housekeeping staff is fantastic. Very attentive. They feature Aveda brand toiletries. Well appointed fitness room. I really enjoyed the virtual running available on the treadmill. I had never used a treadmill with this feature and I must say that time flew by as I watched myself trek through Bavaria and New Zealand! There are also ellipticals and various free weights, along with a pool. The only downside was that there is only one resteraunt. It is good but, it's nice to have variety when staying over for a few days. There is a good size bar. The conference rooms were great and the staff did a fantastic job setting up. Well organized. The breakfast that they catered was very good, too.

New York City, New York
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 2, 2014

Of all the Marriott Properties I have visited, though the outside area is nothing to 'write home about", the interior is fabulous. Luxury rooms, good restaurants and extraordinary service. Free parking, and a quick easy jaunt to South Philly and Broad Street, property will save big bucks versus city hotels.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
      Sleep Quality
1 Thank gennaro5684
Charlotte, North Carolina
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 25, 2014

This was my first stay here in several years, the hotel has dated some. The lobby was just recently renovated, must say, was very impressed with that, very well done. I told a co worker that was traveling with me that the last time I stayed here they had the Most Comfortable beds. Unfortunately I think it is still the same mattresses from back then, I sank into the bed. The room was clean, it was just dated. I hope they make the same improvements to the rooms as they have the common areas.
Would stay here again, close to airport.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
      Sleep Quality
1 Thank ggoobx4
integrity_9, General Manager at Renaissance Philadelphia Airport Hotel, responded to this review, March 28, 2014
Dear Valued Guest,

We appreciate the opportunity to serve you on your recent visit. I am pleased that you were able to see the first phase of our renovations including the new R-Lounge area as well as our state of the art Fitness Center.

Plans are being formulated that will continue our commitment to hotel as well as the Renaissance brand. We are looking at the guest floors at this point and hope to have specifications to start sometime this year. In the meantime we continue to ensure the highest level of cleanliness and upkeep to our hotel along with a strong service culture.

We hope to see you soon in the future.

Chris Phillips
Also consider these accommodations in or near Philadelphia
La Quinta Inn & Suites Philadelphia Airport
Sheraton Suites Philadelphia Airport
Hampton Inn Philadelphia-International Airport
aloft Philadelphia Airport
aloft Philadelphia Airport
#57 of 85 in Philadelphia
Wyndham Garden Philadelphia Airport
The Clarion Hotel and Conference Center

Been to Renaissance Philadelphia Airport Hotel? Share your experiences!