“Respite from the Power Failure”

Renaissance Philadelphia Airport Hotel
Ranked #64 of 88 Hotels in Philadelphia
Reviewed February 7, 2014

Like thousands in our Philly suburb area, we were without power. After a cold, long night, we called all the hotels in our immediate area and none had beds. By then, my cell phone was down to 12% power and I had no internet. Friends in Florida found us a room at the Renaissance. I expected a typical airport chain hotel experience and was pleasantly surprised. We had dinner in the dining room and it exceeded my expectations. The bed was comfortable, with a wonderful duvet and good linens. At breakfast, I was offered fruit as a substitution for hash browns and received a very large bowl of freshly cut melon, pineapple, and strawberries, all delicious despite being out of season. The hotel was clearly full but there was a feeling of comradeship and the staff seemed to go out of their way to accommodate our needs and make our stay pleasant. Three cheers, Renaissance!

Room Tip: Airplanes took off and landed frequently. It was fun to watch them but there was no noise issue. W...
  • Stayed: February 2014, traveled with family

Reviewed January 31, 2014

I stayed overnight at this hotel compliments of Delta Airlines after a flight cancellation. I accepted the voucher with trepidation (was this going to be a fleabag hotel with jets roaring overhead)... And was pleasantly surprised this facility, while definitely dated, had a certain charm and warmth. I was greeted warmly and put in a very comfortable room on the 10th floor. The room was spacious and had the feel of something that used to be luxurious and was now elegant in a quirky way. I was hungry and ate a delicious burger in the bar (the restaurant didn't open until 5). Again, was greeted warmly by the bartender. This place has meeting rooms, spacious public sitting areas, and could not be more convenient to the airport. There is a free shuttle that runs every 20 minutes. While I prefer to stay in Center City, this is a great hotel and worth checking out.

Stayed: January 2014, traveled on business
Reviewed January 18, 2014

This hotel is convenient for the airport with a shuttle service every 20 minutes. The lobby area and lounge are pleasant and staff are really friendly especially Patrick. The gym and pool and are great and there a decent bar area and restaurant.

The rooms are a little tired and the shower in the bathtub is now out of date when compared with newer 4 star hotels. The taxi fare to downtown Philadelphia is about $35.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled on business
Reviewed January 8, 2014 via mobile

I have stayed here at least 100 times in the past ten years! I always look forward to returning to the Renaissance! Patrick and jamie at the front desk are two of the greatest people I've met! They check you in very quickly and then off to the extra large rooms and great beds! They recently renovated the lobby and lounge.....,beautiful! I always like the food and drinks ....now they have entertainment on certain nights! I've read the comments and I don't Agree....this is five star treatment! The drivers Henri, Philipe do a great job! If you want a clean, peaceful fun hotel location.....this is your place! I've stayed over 150 nights last year and I still love the renaissance!

• Stayed: January 2014
1  Thank david b
Reviewed January 7, 2014

I have stayed at this hotel a number of times over the years. The hotel is in a great location if you are flying in or out of PHL airport. The staff is always very helpful, professional and courteous. Recent renovations to the lobby and bar area were a welcomed addition and look up to date and trendy.

The rooms are a B+, nothing super - a typical lovely Marriott bed/pillows, but somewhat dated furniture and styling. The room and bathroom were very clean.

As a frequent business traveler I am used to over-priced food and drinks in hotels. But when I was given a $17.00 ($18.02 inluding tax) bill for a very sub-par breakfast buffet, my entire experience at this hotel was diminished (thankfully the freindly wait staff was somewhat of a saving grace). There was the usual fare of fruit, meats, french toast, scrambled eggs,etc. At 9:30AM the scrambled aggs and potatoes were literally 1 spoonful from being gone. More would be coming out I was told. Same with the empty french toast. The eggs that I did get were luke warm and the potatoes were under-done. The ham was dried and looked like it was on day 2 of being out. I hate to rant about a hotel buffet breakfast, but the $17 price tag is simply ridicuous for the spread they put out. It's worth maybe half that much. Save your money and eat at the airport or the McDonalds a mile south of the hotel.

Nice hotel, but change the breakfast experience and buffet pricing...

Room Tip: A room on the west side is not facing the airport.
  • Stayed: January 2014, traveled on business
1  Thank Dan28970
Reviewed January 5, 2014

As a native of Philadelphia who has moved away and comes back to visit often, I have driven by this hotel countless times; however, this was my first time staying in the hotel as I had an event to attend close to the airport. I was pleasantly pleased upon entering the hotel and seeing the lovely modern lobby decor. To top it off, the hotel clerk offered my sister and I a Philadelphia Pretzel!!! It was an excellent reminder of home and I'm sure a wonderful treat for those not from the area as well. The hospitality of the staff is what takes this hotel to 4 stars. Other than that, the room was pretty standard but one of our keycards was not working. We had an excellent view of the Philadelphia skyline from our room and surprisingly I was not bothered by noise from planes. I'm always a stickler for outlets to charge all of my electronic devices and was pleased that the room had outlets available on the nightstand and desk. Overall it was a lovely stay at a reasonably priced hotel and I would certainly choose to stay again.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed December 31, 2013 via mobile

Excellent park, stay & fly ....
Two times the shuttle challenges made this great option only average. ...no one tells you that they are not on the map / phone at airport (so carry the number), to be picked up you must be at zone 4 (no one tells you) and last but not least be prepared to be hung up , if you call late from pm flight return. Only Henry (a shuttle driver) cared . The night mar was unsympathetic

Stayed: December 2013, traveled with friends